STOP THE SQUEEZE
Rescue Randal's reds to help rebuild his vineyard
WE'RE NOT SURE
Sorry, this wine is available exclusively to the Angels who helped make it happen. To find out more about becoming an Angel, click here.
- Paul hunted high and low across Piedmont, Italy, for the perfect Barbera site with the most interesting aspect. He settled on two different vineyards for their expressive and elegant grapes.
- Crushed with a handful of whole bunches for that little bit extra oomph, the wine was pressed off after 10 days and pumped into older barrels for maturation. The result is a succulent and full-bodied red oozing with dark mulberry and plum fruit flavours and hints of spice, licorice and cocoa beans.
- Paul believes that great Barbera Superiore are some of the most enjoyable wines to drink. This is no exception. Small batch (just 190 cases!) and exclusive to Naked, it’s a delight to enjoy and will age well for up to 10 years.
- Angels, back by popular demand, Brian's downright delicious Italian red returns! Sicily is the birthplace of the Nero d'Avola varietal, and this is exactly where Brian crafted his dream with the help of his trusted group of local winemaking pals. It was made organically, and perfectly balances tradition with easy-drinking new world expectations. In fact, there is no doubt that if you love Aussie Shiraz, you won't be able to get enough of this Sicilian blend.
- It is widely predicted that Nero d'Avola will be the next hero of Aussie reds, with vine plantings sky-rocketing here at home. This is no surprise with its scrumptious, lush, fruit-driven qualities and natural affinity for growing in the heat. It has fresh aromas of spicy fruit and dark cherry with a medium body and bright finish. Its medium alcohol level allows the flavours and aromas to pop out, rather than being overpowered. The juice has beautifully concentrated flavours, as Brian used both Nero d'Avola and Shiraz grapes from dry land vineyards in the west of Sicily where the island's most intense wines are produced.
- Get this in your basket while it's still around, especially if you're looking for a wine to nudge you just outside your usual cellar comfort zone! The approachable, dinner friendly style will be an instant hit with any red lover. Crafted authentically in southern Italy, there is no doubt this Angel exclusive punches well above its price point!