Paul Nelson’s Nodus Tollens Pinot Noir is sourced from some of the oldest vines in the Great Southern region of WA. Finished in a combination of 40% new oak and 60% older oak and matured on yeast lees to enhance palate texture and layers of complexity. Yum!
There’s an abundance of intense red and dark fruits with a long finish that is beautifully wrapped up in spicy oak and earthy flavours. Fine tannin adds another layer of complexity giving this wine youthful charm and mouthfeel.
Pinot Noir of this calibre would easily sell for over $35 a bottle, and it’s an absolute bargain to Angel’s for under $17. Don’t miss your chance to try some of Paul’s magic!
- This Pinot Noir is helping to change the game, letting the Marlborough's red strengths shine through along side it's famous Sauv Blancs. The cool climate where Bill & Claudia have sourced these grapes from are perfectly suited to the whims of Pinot Noir, probably the most fickle of the leading varietals.
- Every flavour box is ticked! Heady aromas of violets and cherries, and a palate that's medium-bodied, with fine tannins and a lingering savoury finish. Low yields and careful attention to detail provided terrific fruit from the 2017 harvest!
- This is a treat that over delivers at every level - small batch, hand picked, wild yeast fermented, hand plunged, then matured for 10 months in oak barrels prior to bottling. What more could a wine for under $19 deliver? Almost unheard of! It must be Naked...
- Sam's outstanding Victorian range has delivered once again with this fantastically fresh and tantalising Pinot! Following is finely tuned instinct, Sam has assembled a blend of three outstanding Pinot Noir parcels to achieve something truly beautiful. The Plunkett family vineyard which gives classic strawberry flavours, Bald Rock vineyard which is a little warmer and makes more powerful Pinot and Elgo vineyard which mades some of the most delicate wines out there!
- It's aromas of spice, strawberry and a floral perfume will draw you in to its medium body which delivers a flavoursome yet refreshing drink! Running a cool ferment allowed Sam to preserve pretty fruit flavours and limit the extraction on tannin. This is perfect for his goal of making a velvety Pinot which is lovely to drink as a youngster, rather than a wine that needs years to develop before balancing out.
- This wine is Angel brilliance in action! Considering Pinot Noir goes in to some of the most expensive and sought after wines in the world, fancy being able to buy a delicious cool climate Pinot for under $15!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Andrew and Jenny Sinclair’s cool-climate Tassie Pinot Noir is grown on an ancient volcanic range and is tempered by powerful sea breezes. A long, cool growing season allows rich flavours to develop with brilliant natural acidity.
The wine has a rich ruby colour with bright fruit-driven aromas and some hints of berries. Great richness of flavour with some very subtle tannins.
Once the word gets out about this stunning top-shelf Pinot Noir - it’ll fly!
- The 2017 vintage of this Top Shelf beauty demanded perfect timing, and Kevin's team have captured the premium fruit like lighting in a bottle. Their approach to making Pinot Noir is very simple; small batch, hands on, focusing on letting the fruit sing.
- This is a perfectly poised Pinot Noir; seductive and delicate yet humming with an inherent power. The wine will become entirely different after cellaring, as the primary fruit evolves into dense floral notes with leather and cigar in the background.
- Prepare for a dense and textural palate, preceded by wonderful ripe perfumes of framboise and violets. Perfect to share with friends over a meal, but if you're hard pressed to share this tasty drop then why not double it up in your basket, especially at this incredible Angel price!
- Did someone say cool climate Pinot? Look no further! Angels, it's no secret Pinot Noir is one of the most difficult grapes to grow well. Fine skins and a delicate structure make it a fickle beast. Lucky for you, Randal knows a thing or two about perfecting Pinot!
- Grown on his family's Adelaide Hills vineyard, this drop will meet you with a fantastically fragrant nose - think cherry, red berry, and a touch of earthiness. Some spicy oak on the palate does wonders for the complexity of the wine, making it more than food friendly!
- Upfront juicy fruit opens in the mouth to a myriad of flavours and textures. The amazing length of flavour indicates the the sheer quality of the fruit that Randal has cultivated so lovingly.
- Here's a true work of art from Rob! Get ready for some incredible raspberry and cherry aromas, with hints of cinnamon spice all leaping from your eye catching bright red glass. The mouth feel is light to medium bodied with subtle influences of savoury spice on the finely structured palate, leading to a silky dark cherry note with supple tannins.
- Pinot Noir is a fickle beast, it won't just grow anywhere...it needs the right climate, right soils and right location in order to show it's true potential. Luckily, Angels have enabled Rob to access outstanding Pinot Noir vineyards in Tumbarumba, a region which ticks all these boxes and more! His Heritage Bin range is inspired by the generations of grape growing and homestyle winemaking that his family coded with letter/number combinations.
- Get in on this delicious Pinot Noir before it's all gone & see why Rob has a huge soft spot for this varietal. It's dark and mysterious, yet with the right attention to detail and creative winemaking applied, it results in a special experience for any red lover. Using a mixture of new and old oak, plus extended grape skin contact, fantastic complexity and length are a hallmark of this wine.
- Welcome to a world of vibrant, approachable and delicate Pinot Noir that you will never want to leave! Paul listened to Angel's and has changed the style of this vintage. You'll think ripe mulberry and dark fruits with some cooler red fruits. One glass isn't enough!
- The savoury notes and lighter mouth feel emulates Burgundian style of Pinot Noir, perfect for those looking to avoid the heavy, dominating reds. A lovely mineral acid line livens the palate and allows the berry flavours to dance their way to an lip smacking, slightly spicy finish.
- Paul loves to uphold his commitment to unique and individual winemaking every vintage, and this Pinot is no exception! Angels have got an opportunity to taste an incredible wine from quality aged vines in the Great Southern region for under $14. You'd be mad not to pop this in your basket!
- Looking for something a little different in your Pinot? You've found it! The fruit used to create this wine comes from sites that are sloped to the river and ripen earlier than many other vineyards in the Tamar Valley. 2017 climate conditions produced grapes with the perfect balance of acid, tannin and ripeness.
- All grapes were hand picked, and fermented naturally in open fermenters with no additions. The 2017 selection of fruit was packed with variety of bunch size, flavour concentration and time of ripening. When it came to blending, Cynthea and David had a huge range of options. This is where their talent shines!
- A deep scarlet colour will fill your glass, with perfumed aromas of violets and cherries leaping out. The first sip is like devouring a cup of summer berries! Fresh, red, juicy and delicious. The palate opens up, with savoury and spicy notes and plush sweet fruit. It's medium bodied and beautiful from bottle to the bottom of your glass; certainly the kind of wine you want to have for a special occasion with great food and with great company. Get in quick to secure some of this small batch wonder for yourself!
- Pinot Noir...the brooding and mysterious character that never fails to send taste buds into a spin! Adam's 2017 Pinot Noir is smooth, sexy and the perfect lighter bodied red for the warmer months.
- This notoriously delicate and complex varietal has been crafted to delight drinkers with a fragrant nose of lifted, juicy cherry and spicy red fruits.
- The palate shows spicy complexity and savoury, and gamey nuances. With enough love and oak in this baby to make it last, do yourself a favour and stock up to enjoy it again and again as the layers fulfil their potential over the coming years.