Prime grapes were sourced from a single organic Orange vineyard high above sea level and given the royal treatment at the hands of a master!
Crushed and fermented at cool temperatures, the heady mix of juice and skins was hand-plunged to deepen flavours and colour. Ash then left the young wine basking in new and old oak for 11 months for extra texture and silkiness.
This is a delicious drop that smacks of spicy plums, aniseed and juicy red fruits. Its savoury but silky tannins bring out that lovely textural feel on your palate.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Karriview Vineyard is the oldest producing vineyard in Denmark, W.A. and its consistent quality has been likened to some of the finest vineyards in Burgundy, France.
- Handpicked, whole berry pressed, 100% new French oak, wild fermented and left on lees for 8 months - the absolute Rolls Royce treatment! You’ll be awestruck by the sheer portfolio of flavours and flinty aromas on show: rich stone fruit characters are beautifully balanced by a racy mineral finish - yummm!
- Only 50 cases of this Gold Medal-winning stunner are available and is a true reflection of its truly unique, world-class home! An iconic wine from an iconic vineyard!
- Welcome to a world of vibrant, approachable and delicate Pinot Noir that you will never want to leave! Paul listened to Angel's and has changed the style of this vintage. You'll think ripe mulberry and dark fruits with some cooler red fruits. One glass isn't enough!
- The savoury notes and lighter mouth feel emulates Burgundian style of Pinot Noir, perfect for those looking to avoid the heavy, dominating reds. A lovely mineral acid line livens the palate and allows the berry flavours to dance their way to an lip smacking, slightly spicy finish.
- Paul loves to uphold his commitment to unique and individual winemaking every vintage, and this Pinot is no exception! Angels have got an opportunity to taste an incredible wine from quality aged vines in the Great Southern region for under $15. You'd be mad not to pop this in your basket!
Wiley Jack is the vision of two award-winning Hunter Valley wine legends, keen to pool their significant talents and give back to their local community through the gracious grape. Naked Angels not only gave the label their blessing, they named it too!
Grown in the beautiful Hunter Valley, this fruit was fermented for 18 days, left on lees (dead yeast) to add complexity and stored in French oak for a year.
It’s a beautiful example of a Hunter Chardonnay — elegant white peach and apple aromas with that light buttery finish and great length. Fantastic to enjoy now and very cellar-worthy!
Adrian and Rebecca's Family Reserve range is their ultimate offering. These premium wines are hand crafted to capture the true essence of the Yarra Valley region. There's nothing old school about this Chardonnay - it's modern and fresh! A classy drop for those looking to take their wine journey to the next level.
The Santolin Family Reserve Chardonnay was hand picked from low yielding vines, naturally fermented in French oak and matured for 10 months on lees. This elegant wine is seductively complex with fresh zingy citrus flavours and a hint of hazelnut. The gorgeous acidity gives an impressively long finish.
Best of all, the price is phenomenally good for Angels who want to treat themselves to premium Yarra Valley quality without forking out for an over inflated price tag.
Hand-crafting this top-of-the-line Pinot Noir was a labour of love for Adrian and Rebecca. Minimal intervention in the winemaking process has ensured this famously delicate grape variety truly expresses the regional characters of the Yarra Valley.
The premium fruit was gently crushed, wild fermented (with a few whole bunches for extra ‘oomph’) and plunged twice a day to bring out the rich colour and tannins. After fermentation, the wine was left for 10 months in French oak.
This delicate red is medium-bodied and textual. Think dark cherry and wild strawberries with hints of sweet spice and forest floor. It's bright, it's light and it's vibrant. The perfect Pinot for those looking to take their wine experience to the next level!
Aussie red lovers...stop here! This stunner is rich, ripe, firm and full bodied, and not harshly tannic nor overtly oaky. The fruit, tannin and oak levels are all balanced to suit someone who enjoys full bodied red wine but does not want to have their head pulled apart. Lovely length of dark berry fruit flavours mingle nicely with the firm, dry yet elegant finish. The stamp of Barossa Shiraz is one steeped in history and tradition, and and this red pays homage to this. Handmade, small scale artisanal wine just for Angels!
Numerous little pockets of the Barossa Valley are represented in this wine, comprised of small parcels of quality Shiraz that were individually picked and fermented. Each parcel was basket pressed, the most gentle way to handle grapes and maintain fine control of every element - skin contact, tannin, flavour balance...yep, old school class! Maturation was in a mix of older French and American oak barrels for almost 18 months, prior to being blended together to create this wine. Bright, lifted aromas of dark berry fruits and oh-so-subtle oak. Rich, ripe and a deliciously long finish!
Everyone needs a bottle of Barossa Shiraz lying around waiting for a few friends and a decent feed to pop up. So why not have this one ready at all times?! It is truly a fabulous example of why the Barossa is famous for Shiraz, yet it can be all yours at a fraction of the wider market price. Value. Value. Value! Last Years vintage sold out in a blink, so don't miss out on your chance to get your hands on this gem.
The quality of the fruit that’s gone into the bottle is incredible. As one of New Zealand’s most respected and well-known winemakers, Rod Eastwood got his hands on the best fruit around from two of Hawke’s Bay’s finest vineyards.
Once barrel-fermentation finished, the young wine slept on lees over the winter to develop more complex flavours. Then Malolactic fermentation kicked in to soften the natural acidity. Finally, after a total of 10 months on oak, the wine was filtered without any fining to keep as much flavour as possible.
Open a bottle of this classic cool-climate Chardy to release the glorious peach, brioche and hazelnut notes hiding inside. Take a sip and you’ll be awash with waves of flavour and a balanced acidity that promises the next sip is not far behind.
Slow-ripening Tempranillo grapes from cool-climate Hilltops, NSW, provide the guts and the glory of this vibrant wine. Glen and Andrew’s winemaking magic does the rest!
The deep rouge colour hints at the depth and intensity within - perhaps it’s more of a ‘baby red’! This is a Rosé on steroids - bursting with flavour, aromas and texture.
Grab a glass and enjoy the red berry flavours & aromas and clean, crisp finish of this medium-bodied little devil of a wine.
- There's nothing quite like a return of a favourite! Dive on in to James-Paul's fast selling Chardonnay just for Angels. Think opulent honeyed peach flavours that will linger on the palate for a delightful eternity.
- A small parcel of the yield was separated at pressing to be fermented with new French oak for 3 months, and then continually stirred to ensure weight and complexity were added back in to the un-oaked portion.
- Sneak a few of this incredibly valued Adelaide Hills gem in to your case. A handcrafted, fresh and balanced wine for under $15 is an opportunity to good for any white lover to miss!