WE'RE NOT SURE
Simon ‘Sorby’ Adams' first-up, single vineyard Pinot Gris from the high Eden Valley in the Barossa ranges offers pristine fruit flavours, a whisper of spicy complexity and yummy elegant crispness.
It is a beautifully styled Pinot Gris, with fragrant aromas of jasmine, poached pear and green rockmelon, leading to a succulent palate that is deliciously rounded and silky.
Get ready for a succulent Pinot Gris that is sooo drinkable you’ll be rushing back for more!
- It's no surprise a wine made with this much TLC is in hot demand each year. Hand grown and hand made, Thomas has brought back another shining exhibit of Hunter terroir for you to immerse yourself in.
- The Hunter is world renowned for Semillon and this baby delivers. It is deliciously crisp with an abundance of citrus and lemongrass notes and a gentle sweet tingle on the palate, leaving you thirsty for more.
- If left to age for several years some unique and complex tones will develop; think vanilla, honey and toasty characters. Or if you're like us, this won't last more than a week at home. Crafted from a small batch, it's best to lock a few in you basket while you can!
- Mike's detailed blend of grapes from four sub regions is an essential part of maintaining the style and quality of his Lay of the Land Sauvignon Blanc. He's sourced fruit from the best growers to optimise its natural quality and craft wines with minimal intervention.
- The Rapaura grapes give structure and a herbal lift and the Lower Wairau grapes gift the palate with passionfruit and floral notes. The Waihopai Valley component adds citrus drive and weight to the mouth feel. This magical combination translates to a seriously approachable and balanced drop to please any white wine lover!
- At under $11 for Angels, you will shock all your friends with this unbelievably tasty and pocket-friendly wine! The perfect wine to have stocked in the fridge for unexpected company.
WE'RE NOT SURE
You’re going to love Drew’s fruit-driven pristine chardonnay from the beautiful cool-climate region of Orange in central NSW. This single-vineyard masterpiece is crafted from fruit grown on 20 year old vines - it’s sure to hit the spot!
The wine has been fermented and matured in a massive French oak barrel called a foudre that holds 3000L compared to your average barrel which is around 300L. The subtle combining of fruit characters with maturation in this large volume oak created a wine with a defining difference - retaining freshness, intensity, complex fruit profiles and a textural tension that is often difficult to capture! Yum!
You will be enchanted by the aromas of fresh green apples, crisp pears and grapefruit hints. This incredible Orange chardonnay was made in tiny amounts. Only 300 cases in existence. Don't miss out on your chance to snaffle this up.
- Scrumptious Chardonnay from the hills that famously make grapes sing! This cool climate wonder will have you licking your lips and scratching your head at the unreal Angel-only bang for buck.
- Each sip will deliver beautiful crisp acidity that keeps the wine together, balanced with luscious sweet melon and citrus layers.
- A hint of creamy texture and oak influence is in the mix as well, creating a complex wine that will undoubtedly have you back for more!
Rory’s latest knockout Chardonnay is sure to hit the spot. The fruit comes from low yielding blocks in northern Margaret River, renowned for its high quality and great concentration all balanced with natural acidity.
Harvested in the cool of the morning to preserve the pristine condition of the grapes, you’ll be bowled over by the lifted aromas of stone fruits and citrus along with spicy, toasty oak characters jumping out of the glass. The palate is full of fresh fruit-driven flavours, balanced by crisp acidity and layers of oak which leads to a long finish.
There is no denying Rory has turned out a winning wine with premium Margaret River fruit. Knockout value at under $14 for a world renowned region - you'll never want this experience to end!
- This stunning Top Shelf Chardonnay from Rob will send you into a spin! Its enticing aromas include grapefruit, green melon and white nectarine bouncing around your glass, followed by hints of cashew nuts and toasty oak.
- On the palate, you'll enjoy green apple, fig and honeydew melon layers. Fresh mineral acidity combined with a creamy texture and nutty oak provide balance to this exceptionally long, complex and structured wine. Only the finest oak barrels were used, delivering over-the-top quality in each sip.
- Making the most of his world-class Burgundy vintage experience, Rob is undoubtedly most passionate about Chardonnay when it comes to whites. His Heritage Bin range is inspired by the generations of grape growing and homestyle winemaking that his family coded with letter/number combinations. Tumbarumba is one of Australia's best cool climate regions for Chardonnay, so don't blink or you'll miss getting your hands on this small batch wine for under $20!
- Affectionally known as the King of White wines, this is a Chardonnay that sings out flavour and complexity reflecting the Tasmanian eccentricity with which it was nurtured. With hundreds of reviews and huge ratings each vintage, this truly is the return of a Top Shelf Naked champion!
- Aromas of white peach, dried citrus and hints of elderflower will leap out of your glass, while the palate treats you to succulent Nashi pear. This develops into well rounded stone fruit layers...think white peach with a finish of subtle ruby red grapefruit.
- Cynthea and David pour their decades of incredible winemaking experience into each wine and deliver an incredible level of Tamar Valley quality each vintage. With Angel funding behind them, you can now access some of the world's most premium and pristinely sourced Chardonnay at incredibly accessible prices for you!
- This wine is crafted at a core vineyard called Esprit which sits at 185m elevation on a limestone slope, a truly unique vineyard in Hawke's Bay context. The growing conditions there have given a crisp lemongrass and mineral note to the wine. If that's not enticing enough, the Skeetfield vineyard fruit component adds scrumptious passionfruit and lemongrass layers.
- Rod's winemaking approach is very neutral to allow the quality fruit to shine. This means crushing and de-stemming at low temperatures, only employing neutral yeast, cool fermentation, and then around two months time melding and maturing on lees to build texture. All this TLC means the flavours just keep on coming in prolonged waves long after each sip!
- The Naked Model means that Rod can cut out the middlemen and ensure the most direct route from the grower to you, the Angel who made it happen. This means he can pay the grower well for the best fruit...therefore more bang for your buck! The proof is in the pudding...this gorgeous Savvy sells out every year. If you are in to pure unwooded aromatic white wines, then look no further and get this in your basket today.