Aussie red lovers...stop here! This stunner is rich, ripe, firm and full bodied, and not harshly tannic nor overtly oaky. The fruit, tannin and oak levels are all balanced to suit someone who enjoys full bodied red wine but does not want to have their head pulled apart. Lovely length of dark berry fruit flavours mingle nicely with the firm, dry yet elegant finish. The stamp of Barossa Shiraz is one steeped in history and tradition, and we pay homage to this. Handmade, small scale artisanal wine just for Angels!
Numerous little pockets of the Barossa Valley are represented in this wine, comprised of small parcels of quality Shiraz that were individually picked and fermented. Each parcel was basket pressed, the most gentle way to handle grapes and maintain fine control of every element - skin contact, tannin, flavour balance...Yep, old school class! Maturation was in a mix of older French and American oak barrels for almost 18 months, prior to being blended together to create this wine.
Everyone needs a bottle of Barossa Shiraz lying around waiting for a few friends and a decent feed to pop up. So why not have this one ready at all times?! It is truly a fabulous example of why the Barossa is famous for Shiraz, yet it can be all yours at a fraction of the wider market price. Value. Value. Value! Last Years vintage sold out in a blink, so don't miss out on your chance to get your hands on this gem.
- Let there be bubbles! This is the perfect wine to accompany the Italian mantra "la dolce vita". Adrian and Rebecca have locked in a load of delicate aromas and flavours, all sealed under a super fresh crown seal.
- It is refreshingly light and elegant, with a delicate balance of fine bubbles and a lingering, mouth watering finish. Each sip will bring a smile with soft, rounded crisp fruit flavours of green apple and pear.
- While traditionally served as an aperitif (did someone say spritz cocktail?), this sparkling gem will also pair scrumptiously with a seafood or antipasto platter..drool! Load up your case with this serial sell-out while you can.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Quintessentially Barossan - this rich, firm and full bodied red wine shows all the hallmarks of what the region and variety are famous for. Ripe dark fruit compote layers provide a fleshy feel on the mid and back palate. The fine and elegant tannin profile has a wonderfully long and enticing finish. Not too oaky. Not too ripe. Not too tannic. As Baby Bear would say - just right! If you really are a lover of high end wines, get on board this little ripper, of course for a fraction of what others may charge for their Reserves.
Within this enticing bottle lies simply the best selection of Shiraz fruit from small parcels throughout the Barossa, sourced from local grape growing families. Traditional labour-intensive basket pressing was the only choice for Stuey, ensuring the grapes were treated gently and that he could end up with exactly the right balance of flavour and tannin. Almost 2 years in French oak sent this juice to off-the-scale highs of deliciousness, and even THEN only the finest barrels were tested and hand picked to become the Reserve wine for 2016. You guessed it - the best of the best.
When it comes to their passion - Barossa Shiraz - this wine is the pinnacle for Stuey and his three amigos. They are true believers in minimum intervention, only getting involved in the fruit when they have to. This expresses the most vineyard's most beautiful potential without the artefact of winemaking getting in the way. It doesn't get much more small scale, hand crafted or artisanal high end than this. With only 10 barrels in existence don't be the Angel that misses out.
- Andrew's Hilltops Merlot will deliver bold mulberry and plum fruit layers, with hints of complex oak notes. The wine is full, ripe and richly textured.
- Hilltops is a wine region surrounding but the town of Young which has an altitude of 439m. This means cool nights coupled wih warm days, leading to smooth reds that are powerful yet elegant with proven age-ability.
- There is very little Merlot grown in Hilltops and the conditions are perfect for the formation of bright berry flavours and succulent tannins. Get in on this unique treat today. Full of deep, ripe fruit characters, it will quickly become a crowd pleaser!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Stuey's oh-so-popular blend returns! It is simply bursting with plush fruity goodness! Get ready for a medium bodied drop, with a full and rich mid palate, fleshy fruits and a lingering finish. All individual batches of Grenache, Shiraz and Mataro grapes were open fermented separately, basket pressed then matured separately in French and American oak hogsheads for almost a year. These four blokes treat grapes like gold, paying full respect to the grape growing families who produced the beautiful fruit.
Stylistically it is very typical of Barossa GSM blends - a very honest "wine of the village" where the emphasis is on approachable fruit layers and soft tannins. Guaranteed to provide a warm and inviting look at why the Barossa is so special. The only difference is just how sensational the value for your money is - many similar Barossa GSM blends ask a much higher price.
Under $15 Angel price for a hand made, artisanal scale wine, lovingly crafted barrel by barrel the old fashioned way, you've never seen anything quite like this before! By supporting Four Men and a Shed you are supporting a passionate group of farming families from the most recognised region in Australia, who nurture their vines all year round, generation after generation. Go on...find some friends, find some food then add GSM to help find the fun!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This particular Little Jack drop has spent time maturing in old French oak to retain the brilliant aromatics and core fruit flavours that are inherent with such quality fruit! Get ready for aromas of blueberries, black cherries and oak, while your tastebuds enjoy forest fruits and spicy plum layers.
- The wine is sourced from an organically grown vineyard in Orange. With it's commanding and juicy mid-palate, it won't stick around on Naked shelves for long! It's perfect drinking slightly chilled in summer, and even more perfect to stock up for winter...
- This is your go-to easy drinking Cab. There is no denying it punches well above it's price point, so get in quick!
- Brian's passionate approach to the 2016 vintage has resulted in a Tempranillo that is bold and beautiful! Get ready to delve into a striking palate with a tonne flavour concentration and lingering persistence. You'll enjoy layers of dark bramble fruit, spice and vanillin oak.
- Angels have helped make this outstanding wine possible, and this is definitely a red for lovers of big wines. The lingering finish and substantial tannins will saturate your mouth and leave you thirsty for more! Tempranillo from Margaret River is a rare thing, and even among it's few peers, Brian's El Cid is the full monty style!
- Brian is a true champion of the Margaret River. He has let the world renowned conditions of the region work their magic on the early ripening Tempranillo varietal, then captured it's full potential like lightning in a bottle. If you're after that special bottle of red to treat yourself in your next case, you've found it!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Cathy and Neil Howard’s first ever Boots & All red wines have arrived! This beautifully balanced full flavoured Cabernet Sauvignon from their beloved burgeoning WA wine region of Geographe is sure to knock your socks off.
Hand-crafted, basket-pressed and matured on French oak for 10 months this flavour-filled Cabernet is soft and generous on the palate. Blueberries, dark chocolate, mocha and savoury flavours linger a little longer too.The mouthfeel is soft, round and generous. A subtle combo of sweet dark and savoury flavours result in a wine which will match perfectly with a range of different dishes such as Beef carbonnade with farm grown carrots and baked baby beetroots… yummm!
You can taste the labour-intensiveness in this handcrafted Cabernet. You will be blown away with aromas of blueberries plums, a hint of raspberries and dark chocolate with an underlying savouriness to it all. Why not get a few bottles to see how this wine develops over the years?
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Cathy and Neil Howard’s first ever Boots & All red wines have arrived! This beautifully balanced full flavoured Shiraz from their beloved burgeoning WA wine region of Geographe is sure to knock your socks off. A small amount of premium grapes from the Frankland River region adds another dimension of complexity and flavour to the wine.
- Hand-crafted, basket-pressed and matured on French oak for 11 months this luscious Shiraz is silky-soft and super generous on the palate. Aromas of blueberries, plums and raspberries are beautifully balanced by smooth as silk tannins all with the oh-so-generous flavour complexity of ripe dark berries. A perfect wine to match with a range of dishes.
- You can taste the labour-intensiveness in this handcrafted Shiraz. After your first glass you will be reaching for more as the flavours evolve. A Shiraz that shows sensational colour, soft tannins, balanced with great length and great cellaring potential... your patience will be rewarded if you stash a couple of bottles away!
- This is a Chardonnay in line with modern tastes - bright, enough oak to add layers yet elegant with an approachable structure. A Top Shelf treasure that scored a massive 89% buy-again rating from thousands of Angels last vintage!
- It is made with love and detail by Brian himself, from premium parcels of Margaret River Chardonnay grapes that were specifically selected based on their location, rather than just selecting an overall sub-plot in a vineyard.
- Aromas of stone fruits will lead you to a palate that is as long as it is silky. Need we say it again - world class region right here! Considering Margaret River Chardonnay usually goes for $35+ per bottle, get in quick on this exclusive Angels!