The last vintage scored a 94% Would Buy Again rating from hundreds of fans (who are eagerly awaiting this year’s release!) Showcasing grapes from Margaret River, Australia’s premium Chardonnay region, this wine consistently races out the door. That’s helped by the fact it’s a top notch drop at an incredibly good price - under $15 a bottle for Angels!
Once the chief winemaker for Evans & Tate, Brian is one of Margaret River’s greatest treasures — and thankfully, ours too. In over 30 years in the business, he’s collected a haul of trophies and medals, and has an impeccable reputation in both Australia and Europe. This Chardonnay has instantly earned its place as yet another treasure.
- Brain has carefully protected what the grapes have delivered. “It has a crispness, a liveliness, and a diamond-cut hit of fruit flavour,” he shares. “Oak is there, but restrained, and enough.”
Dive into the magic that happens when a multi award-winning Chardy expert gets grapes from a trophy-winning vineyard. It’s been his go-to spot for pristine Chardonnay grapes for 14 years!
The result is a wine of glorious power and elegance with just the right balance of oak. Ripe pear and white peach are intertwined with smoked cashew notes and the finish is fresh and mouth-puckeringly clean.
A wine from a vineyard of such pedigree, combined with the level of winemaking input and attention to detail would usually set you back $35-$45. You can take it for a spin for a lot less, because YOU made it happen!
- Once again Stuart brings us an out-of-this-world Top Shelf beauty, poised to blow the socks off any Chardonnay or Margaret River enthusiast. Truly a labour of love, there was no crushing in the creation of this juicy treat. All grapes were whole fruit pressed to lock in maximum aromatics and complexity.
- Matured in a combination of new and older Burgundian oak barriques for 12 months, and then held back in tank for longer to allow the flavours to meld, and the wine to gain poise. Scents of lemon curd, peach skin, pink grapefruit, and citrus oils leap will from your glass. Notes of hazelnut and vanilla follow to really get you salivating!
- The palate packs texture and weight of flavour beyond expectation. This is off-set by a mineral acidity that makes the finish fresh without dulling the persistence of flavour. Stuart has created a wine of nuance that manages to walk the tightrope of generosity and a clean finish. Above all, it is classic Margaret River Chardonnay that will drink well, as soon as you open the bottle! Stuart's tip? You simply won't be able to buy a Chardonnay with this level of complexity or style, at this price, from anywhere else.
- Combining the strengths of two pristine NSW winemaking regions, Rob brings Angels a huge treat. At under $12 Angel price, a Chardonnay packed with this much quality is a steal! You'll lap up classic aromas of peach and nectarine, combined with fresh melon characters and hints of cashew nuts. Stone fruit and citrus flavours will coat your palate, followed by the subtle oak that adds complexity to this captivatingly curvaceous drop!
- The Riverina fruit component is responsible for providing the wine's intense core of fruit - peach, nectarine, melon and citrus flavours. The cool climate Tumbarumba component provides the fresh acidity, structure, and more subtle aromas of fresh green apple and ripe fig. Together they produce a richly textured and elegant wine with balance and complexity.
- Rob was able to hone his craft while working several vintages in Burgundy, France, so since that time focusing on premium Chardonnay, the varietal has remained a huge source of pride and inspiration for this young Naked superstar. This wine is drinking beautifully as a young, vibrant Chardonnay. Like any young thing, it's versatile so go ahead and try with your favourite meals!
The Chardonnay was grown in South Australia's coolest maritime climate, Mount Gambier. Warm windy days in summer limit berry size and provide greeat flavour concentration, then the very cool nights help retain the natural grape acidity levels during the ripening period.
The wine is bright straw in colour with complex aromas of tangy peach and cream mingling deliciously with hints of citrusy zesty grapefruit, all driving through to a long and complex finish.
The natural acidity is fresh and lively but not sharp, more soft and textural from 12 months aging in barrel. Finally, the wine finishes with flavours of roasted almonds and a fine chalky minerality.
- Nigel's labour of love returns better than ever Angels. Wait until you taste the 2021 vintage! You'll revel in a complex wine that isn't too heavy but instead oozes drinkability. Nigel can't help but describe the wine using the classic line 'He aint heavy, he's my brother'.
- Just a few teasers....think peach notes, butterscotch, vanilla bean, Brazil nut and classic French oak. It's a rich and elegant treat for your tastebuds.
- All this deliciousness comes down to science really - the incredible grapes are from vines that grow on very rocky soil, producing just enough stress to make the vines put extra energy and nutrients into their offspring.
Sam's ever popular Chardonnay is back once more! With only a touch of oak treatment, each sip packs plenty of fruit and a soft lingering finish.
- A tried and tested Angel favourite, this drop will not only send Chardonnay lovers in to a spin, but its light, modern style is the perfect mid-ground for those who typically avoid it. Dip your toe into the wonderful world of arguably Australia's favourite white wine.
- Stock up on this crowd-pleasing drop and revel in its tantalising aromas, all made possible by Angel backing.
- Chardonnay is Jen's Mum's favourite wine, so the pressure was on to create an exceptional drop! The challenge was well met with this beautiful example that punches well above its weight.
- Without any malolactic fermentation to leave its buttery kiss, this is a more modern spin on Chardonnay. Made from grapes from Jen's family vineyard, it's a delicate yet fruity white, packed with citrus characters and subtle toasty oak. Refreshing peaches and cream on the tongue gives way to a soft, long finish.
- Jen pulled out all the stops for this Rebel, fermenting it in tank, barrel and even terracotta eggs - a ton of work and passion for the craft that's hard to find at this price. It's a little Naked miracle, thanks to you!
- Grapes from way up in the cool-climate region of Orange succumbed to Ash’s enviable wine talents and rested on lees in French oak for 8 months to produce this elegant drop.
- The result is a wine with a delicate scent of pear, wild flowers and a touch of toast. Each mouthful tastes like a party of pears, lime and a hint of vanilla.
- It’s organic, it’s limited in numbers and you can only get it here. Grab yours now to enjoy chilled with a Chicken or Pork dinner and the company of those you love (and will love you for pouring them a second glass!)
- This is a Chardonnay in line with modern tastes - bright, enough oak to add layers yet elegant with an approachable structure. A Top Shelf treasure that scored a massive 89% buy-again rating from thousands of Angels last vintage!
- It is made with love and detail by Brian himself, from premium parcels of Margaret River Chardonnay grapes that were specifically selected based on their location, rather than just selecting an overall sub-plot in a vineyard.
- Aromas of stone fruits will lead you to a palate that is as long as it is silky. Need we say it again - world class region right here! Considering Margaret River Chardonnay usually goes for $35+ per bottle, get in quick on this exclusive Angels!