- Rob has worked his magic again, blending warm and cool climate grapes to deliver a downright moreish Red! The warm Riverina component is responsible for providing the wine’s intense blackcurrant and dark cherry layers. The cool Hilltops component provides the fine tannin structure and complexity, along with aromas of cedar spice and fresh mint. All up, you're in for a soft and full-bodied wine with balance and structure.
- With bright crimson with red hues, you'll be treated to aromas of blackcurrant and dark cherry with hints of wild berry, fresh mint and subtle spicy oak. Maturation in a mix of French and American oak added richness and complexity. Pairing this drop alongside a tasty meal will reward, as each sip will linger long on your palate and enhance your food's flavours. Enough to make your mouth water just thinking of it all…
- At under $12 for Angels only, a wine containing this much quality fruit is great value! A wonderful win for those with a flair for Red wine and red meat combos, and a win for all the Angels who made it possible. This is a serious Cabernet without the serious price tag so dive in today!
Thanks to some new WA plantings this Merlot has a richer more distinct dark chocolate-like structure and flavour than your run of the mill Merlot.
The difference is in the quality of the fruit. Deep purple in colour and rich,fragrant aromas leap out of the glass. Medium bodied with silky fine tannins and the flavours just go on and on!
Absolutely cracking value and a bit of a rarity to see a merlot of this quality as a stand alone variety.
WE'RE NOT SURE
The King Valley is one of the highest altitude grape growing regions in Australia, meaning a long and gradual ripening period allowing for optimal flavour development. The vineyard where Nina & Kate’s Pinot Gris grapes comes from is North facing and on a gentle slope allowing for this gradual ripening on account of the cooler nights with breezes hailing from the high country and warm days perfect for balanced flavour and sugar ripeness.
A jazzy, zesty, lifted, textured, little number, which sits on the fence in style exhibiting hints of Pear, apple blossom and pastry crust aromatics and a textured finish more reminiscent of French Pinot Gris, coupled with zingy, crunchy acidity, and lovely minerality more reminiscent of Italian Pinot Grigio.
Get your tastebuds excited with a citrus, mineral, pear explosion that will make you want to go back for more! Enjoy it with food, enjoy it with friends, but most of all we hope you just enjoy it!
- Marlborough lovers stop here! Mike's latest Destination vintage brings you an amazing chance to experience all that New Zealand's premier Sauvignon Blanc growing region has to offer. This wine is a blend of three different vineyard sites in Marlborough's southern valleys.
- The clay based soils where the fruit parcels were grown provide texture and depth of flavour to the gorgeous citrus, stone fruit and elderflower palate layers. The acid is seamlessly integrated into the fleshy and vibrantly fruited palate, making for a long and clean finish. A huge drinkability and food friendly factors tick all boxes for terrific value and versatility as an anytime crowd pleaser!
- This is a drop that will liven your senses, treat your tastebuds and delight as a drink on it's own or if matched with an equally tasty meal. Dive in to the wonderful clarity and vibrancy of this white and let it take you to your relaxation Destination.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Grenache from the famed McLaren Vale region, from various vineyards across the region to give depth and character to the wine. Ranging from the more sandier soiled subregion of Blewitt Springs which produce more delicate, floral lifted notes. To heavier clay loam soils on the vale floor which produce more riper, red berry characters.
Nina & Kates style is to make an approachable, lifted, aromatic Grenache with an abundance of spice, luscious red fruit and not a hint of the over the top, confectionary tones which can so often be seen in this variety if left to over ripen. No oak required in this sassy vino, the sandy tannin structure and clean red berry fruit speak for themselves, making this medium weight wine so versatile and drinkable.
Be bold, be different and excite your taste buds (and your mate's) with some super delicious, spicy, sassy Grenache. Or just enjoy during the mid-week after a crazy day, but most of all we hope you enjoy it!
- Good things come to those who wait, and the wait is over! It is back by popular demand... and we just couldn't get this 93% rated stunner back quick enough. Of course, it's Angels who get priority access to the final release of her outstanding Clare Valley Shiraz.
- With elegance and finesse, this wine drips with quality. The single-vineyard 30 year old vines are located in Penwortham, at the centre of the world renowned Clare Valley. Having been matured in American oak barrels, it's a wine that has aged wonderfully and become more complex and concentrated.
- Your glass will show beautifully deep crimson colours with a vibrant red hue. The fresh boysenberry aromas are complimented by chocolate, white pepper and spice. Shiraz lovers will delighted with the palate; dominated by red berry flavours, pepper and spice. Medium bodied with a long and persistent finish, this is a top class Shiraz without the top class price. Another win for the Angels who made it possible!
- Prepare your tastebuds - Liz's sell-out Merlot is back! With an irresistible nose of black berries, blackcurrents and touch of fresh mint, you'll be hard pressed not to dive in to your glass. The aromas continue on the carefully structured mid-palate, with a lingering finish that will make your food match sing even more.
- The Merlot was fermented with a typical Bordeaux style yeast strain to show off the full potential this gorgeous grape varietal. The malolactic ferment was managed with gentle pumpovers to maximize colour extraction while maintaining the juicy soft tannins and classic warming Merlot characters we all love so much.
- Ageing a wine of this quality in French oak has ensured another winning Merlot from Liz, which will no doubt put on a repeat performance after the last vintage flew out the door. It returned Angel praises to the tune of a huge 92% buy-again rating! Don't dilly-dally, pop this boutique-run winter treat in your basket today.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Paul and Ralph have started their Naked journey off with a bang launching their aged Barossa Shiraz to all Angels. The growing season produced grapes with great aromatics, sensational fruit flavours and good acidity.
Delicious aromas of morello cherry, dried plum, anise and cedar oaky notes drive through to rich deep flavours of plum, raspberry, blackcurrant and chocolatey mocha. The finest of savoury tannins and hints of sweet oak all combine to round out this beautifully refined, super-generous wine.
SCRIBE Barossa Shiraz will sell very quickly. Once it’s gone it’ll be a long wait until the next vintage. Don’t miss out on your chance to try an aged Barossa Shiraz at an extraordinary price.
- Rob has brought his Elevage Nero d'Avola back to blow your socks off once again! Nero is the next big thing on Australia's red wine stage, nipping at the heels of Shiraz for its drinkability and hardiness in hot climates. Pristine quality Riverina Nero d'Avola fruit was racked into a premium French oak to add richness and complexity.
- Your glass will show vibrant rouge with red hues and smell simply incredible! Think red cherry and dried herbs, complimented by hints of plum and delicate spice.
- Get in while stocks last, because Angels know a good thing when they see it. With a medium bodied palate, supple tannin structure and French oak influences, this unique drop has a long and gentle finish. Made in small quantities if it's anything like last vintage it won't be around for long.
The cool nights in Orange pulls the fruit back from getting too ripe and has allowed Debbie to create a super elegant Shiraz with delicious flavours.
Overflowing with dark berry fruits, cherry, blackberry, and a little hint of blueberry & plum are jumping out of the glass! Beautiful mid-palate fruit weight and a gorgeous fruity fleshiness all followed up by a touch of dark chocolate, coffee and a spiciness coming through from the oak. Seriously, the flavours of this Shiraz just go on and on!
The cooler growing conditions allow the fruit to exhibit more complex characters with much softer tannins compared to wines from other regions. And, because it's from a less famous winemaking region it doesn't carry the higher price tag of other wines.