The latest Nodus Tollens has hit the Naked shelves - the new premium range from our wild child of the West, Paul Nelson.This sensational full bodied Red Field Blend is rich and round and a beautiful blend of 3 varieties that fit so well together.
Plush, ripe Shiraz leads the way with black pepper spice, then Tempranillo adds savoury and smoked meat notes and then a touch of Viognier gives the wine a delicate floral lift.
A perfect Red for your next scrumptious BBQ. Yummm! You better get your skates on, once your fellow Angels find out this cracking red won’t be around for long.
- Adam's outrageously popular Riesling is back, and we are buzzing! Its refreshing, zippy character thrives in the eyes (and glasses) of Angels all around the country, racing off shelves every year. With a new label design, and still under $11 for Angels, the 2019 vintage will no doubt put on a repeat perfomace.
- Crafted with care and based on a solid collaboration of winemaker and grower, the Cellar Works range delivers a dynamic duo of fragrance and flavour. Think lime and grapefruit, with delicious drops of apple and pear to tickle your tastebuds.
- The finish is crisp and will leave you wanting more. Any white lover would be mad to miss this lovingly crafted, modern style Riesling from a premier Australian winemaking region. The grapes were harvested a mere 5 months before the finished product hit the Naked website; an incredible achievement made possible by Angels!
- B.V.O Bloem Moscato is light, silvery bright and vivacious! World-class and totally inspired by the greatest wines from the Piedmont region in northern Italy, which can set you back up to $50 per bottle.
- Angels, you will be totally dazzled by the oh-so-delicate fizz as it hits the glass. Enticing aromas of fresh lychee jump out and mingle with a brilliant balance of subtle sweetness with tart crunchy pineapple hints leading to a delectable and refreshing dry finish.
- Drink it super chilled and open the bottle right before serving to retain maximum fizz. Delicious with a plate of fresh summer fruits at brekky or paired with a passionfruit tart at dessert is an absolute winner. Brilliant with a summer cheese plate too!
- Sourced from the only Marsanne vineyard in the entire Orange region of NSW. And, it’s organic, too!
- Picked in the cool of the morning then partially fermented in new Hungarian and old French oak barrels and steel tanks. Both portions left on yeast lees for two months then blended together.
- Gorgeous aromas of pears, with yeast lees nuances and a slight oak hint. A fresh structured palate of stone fruits, pears and lemon with texture added by the oak and lees contact. Exremely limited in production and absolutely exclusive.
Damien and Jodie’s Rosé is sure to impress this summer! Made in a French Provincial style, this dry delicious delight is sure to impress rosé drinkers of all styles.
Light and bright red berry fruits, strawberries and raspberries mix with a creaminess and spiciness on the palate mingling with delicious red berry fruit aromas.
With only 745 cases in existence, this delectable Hunter Valley Rosé will fly this summer! You’ll have to get your skates on to avoid disappointment.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- History tells us that putting the Spanish and the Portuguese in the same room is not a good idea. Luckily for Angels, doing it with these two grape varieties was a winning move! Ben allowed each variety to ferment separately but blended before moving to oak to let the flavours meld harmoniously (and without starting a war). Touriga notoriously is an absolute beast and needs other varieties to calm it down. Luckily, with the WA sun, it gets fully ripe and delivers a really rich fruit flavour. This is coupled with the spicy, chewy, red fruit flavours of the Tempranillo.
- The mouthfeel is soft, with ripe and intense flavours and fantastic structure that will allow the layers to develop over the next few years into something deliciously different. Try holding on to it for that long! Think juicy black berry fruits with hints of liquorice and dark chocolate that will tickle your tastebuds, complimenting the array of berry and oak aromas. While this wine is certainly drinkable in summer, the complexity and layers would go an absolute treat when it's cold outside.
- The Geographe wine region is pretty unique, with a great cooling maritime breeze that comes in from the West. This allows the grapes to achieve full ripeness in the WA sun without ever 'cooking' on the vine to get there. Ben has sourced grapes from vineyards that are owned by good friends. They'd rather provide grapes to him for this wine which highlights the varieties rather than sell at a higher price to some multinational giant where the fruit gets lost in a million litre blend. These grapes aren't being grown by many Geographe winemakers at all, so the pride in their work is evident!
- There's nothing quite like a cool climate Riesling! Luke Tocaciu has already received incredible buy-ratings on his gorgeous Riesling last vintage, and its back!
- Made with minimal intervention, Luke's aim was to preserve the natural flavours of the vineyard and capture them in the bottle.
- Fragrant and intense, this drop will show loads of lime and floral notes. The wine is vibrant with well balanced fruit sweetness, citrus freshness and a 'crunchy' acid finish. 'Just one more glass'...prepare your taste buds.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Ahhhh the Margaret River...that wonderful place where every wine is premium. Brian brings Angels another cracking Rosé sure to set off any occasion in style. Brian has crafted this treasure from quality low yielding fruit in northern Margaret River - not quite dry land, but gravelly and fabulous for growing red varietals!
- Your glass will be filled with an almost luminous coral colour. The nose is savoury and spicy, thanks to the sweet Shiraz and spicy Tempranillo kick. The palate is dry, medium bodied with great intensity and length of flavour.
- When it comes to Rosé, Brian thinks there is no better time than now to enjoy, when its just been bottled and is super fresh! Seriously pink and seriously popular with Angels each vintage, get in quick while it's here.
- Adrian & Rebecca looked high and low throughout Victorian vineyards searching for the perfect 2018 vintage vaieties to suit their beloved Gentil blend. It is a unique style of wine based on an old world favourite from Alsace; the Edelzwicker blend. This a field blend made from various white grape varieties.
- This elegant, medium bodied White delight has light floral and spicy aromas. Refreshing and slightly off-dry, the palate shows flavours of rosewater and Turkish delight courtesy of the Gewurz, balanced with fruit flavours of pear and citrus from the Pinot Gris and Riesling.
- If you're ready to step outside the norm and bring something new to the table, this wine is the perfect place to start! Summer in a glass, and the perfect aperitif - the Santolins have nailed it once again.
BVO Bos Rosé was crafted from the Sicilian native red grape Nero d’Avola. Minimalist winemaking has allowed the variety’s naturally vibrant characters to shine through.
It shows off the fun, approachable nature of this loveable summer beverage and rides the perfect balance of freshness, character and weight. Flavours of fleshy cherries, sweet blood orange and aromatic spice shows Nero d’Avola’s suitability to this style and how well it grows in Australian soil.
A rich fruited and plush Rose with a beautifully dry finish. If you haven’t tried one in a while, now really is the time. Chill it down and serve it up with sticky BBQ pork spare ribs or a generous antipasto platter with plenty of spicy salami - yum!