WE'RE NOT SURE
Tim Smith’s incredible GSM has structure and length, and is just so damn ‘slurpy’!
Sourced from rare gnarly old Barossa vines up to 100+ years of age the Grenache component drives everything with lifted aromas of strawberry fruits all wrapped up with spicy dark plum characters from the Shiraz and Mataro.
Try and find a wine with this pedigree in all those supermarket stores and you'll be paying anywhere up to 5 times as much - yep!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Liquid sunshine is here! This stunning treat from Stuart is perfect for warm, festive evenings. Lifted aromatics of guava and nectarines will greet you, while a creamy, nutty nuance accompanies the stunning citrus layers.
- The grapes for this wine were sourced from vineyards in the central and southern parts of Margaret River. Bright aromatics bring a delicacy to the wine that rounds off the signature magic of the SBS blend. All of the bright and zippy flavours continue to the very back of the palate.
- As soon as you open the bottle, you'll think of sunshine, white sand beaches, and turquoise blue ocean water...plus the price of a bottle is much less than the travel cost to get to Margaret River. Now that is stupendous value!
The fruit for Kym’s stunning Malbec was sourced from a single vineyard known for its consistent quality in the idyllic Ferguson Valley, part of the mighty Geographe wine region south of Perth.
Fermented in large open vats to preserve the elegant fruit character, this plush, lush, ripe impenetrably dark malbec will have you licking your lips with lashings of mulberry, plum, violets and a hint of vanilla overtones.
Incredibly delicious now, but will age beautifully over the next 5 years.
WE'RE NOT SURE
The King Valley is one of the highest altitude grape growing regions in Australia, meaning a long and gradual ripening period allowing for optimal flavour development. The vineyard where Nina & Kate’s Pinot Gris grapes comes from is North facing and on a gentle slope allowing for this gradual ripening on account of the cooler nights with breezes hailing from the high country and warm days perfect for balanced flavour and sugar ripeness.
A jazzy, zesty, lifted, textured, little number, which sits on the fence in style exhibiting hints of Pear, apple blossom and pastry crust aromatics and a textured finish more reminiscent of French Pinot Gris, coupled with zingy, crunchy acidity, and lovely minerality more reminiscent of Italian Pinot Grigio.
Get your tastebuds excited with a citrus, mineral, pear explosion that will make you want to go back for more! Enjoy it with food, enjoy it with friends, but most of all we hope you just enjoy it!
Stu Pym’s single vineyard Swan Valley Grenache sourced from stunningly mature, established 40 and 80 year old vines at the foothills of the Darling Range will blow your mind! The immaculate fruit has produced a rare treat, especially for Angels like yourself.
Hand picked, then 80% crushed to small open fermenters, the remaining 20% added to the open fermenter as whole bunches. Plunged three times a day, the wine remained on the grape skins for a further 9 days to allow the tannins to soften. Then, transferred to old barrels and three terracotta amphorae remaining there for a further year prior to being bottled with no filtration.
Ripe,spicy red fruits dominate with a subtle underlying leathery note. The palate is full, textural and rich, retaining a beautiful suppleness. The tannins are brilliantly integrated so you sense a firmness to the wine. This is a gloriously flavoursome wine with body, texture and fantastic length of flavour. A wine from vines as old as this is such a rare treat. Perfect with roast rack of lamb and fresh seasonal vegetables.
- Get ready for extraordinary raspberry notes coupled with the classic grippy tannins of Sangiovese. This is a varietal that originated in Tuscany and is commonly used to create the region's world famous Chianti blend. In Australia it is fast gaining recognition as a brilliant food wine.
- Kevin sourced this wine from a single vineyard known for producing exquisite Sangiovese from the Padthaway, famous for it Italian varieties.
- The bottle will disappear fast once you've experienced each sip's long, savoury and elegant finish. Made in small quantities, smart Angels will secure their dose of this future Naked classic today before it's all drunk up!
- It's that time of year again - a new vintage delivery of Sam's classic Rosé has landed just for Angels..hooray! It has a lovely pale pink colour and aromas of red apples with a delicate floral lift. On the palate there is a light suggestion of sweetness, while fresh acid kicks in to give a balanced, fresh and zippy finish.
- Sam has sourced the Shiraz, Zinfandel and hint of Gewürztraminer grapes in this blend from the elevated and cool climate vineyards of the Strathbogie Ranges. They tend to grow fruit with strong fruit flavour, which also goes some way to explaining the pretty perfumes that accompany each scrumptious sip.
- Perfect to chill down and share with friends on a hot summer night, this is the perfect summer stock-up Rosé at under $10 for Angels! Don't miss a little slice of Sam's winemaking brilliance in your next basket. You'll see why thousands of people have rated this as a no brainer buy-again wine before!
- The grapes have been sourced from Ben’s own organic vineyard in Quindalup, Margaret River. Made from a single block of Chenin Blanc, the grapes are picked early to retain the flavour required for the style.
- This Sparkling Chenin Blanc is traditionally made, bottle fermented sparkling wine, using traditional techniques and fermented on lees for 14 months prior to bottling.
- It’s strong acid line giving the wine great structure & a lengthy finish.This wine is lovely and dry. There is a subtle biscuit flavour at the moment, but will fill out over time, giving even more mouthfeel. But right now its crisp, zippy and when chilled would be the perfect foil to a plate of oysters on a warm afternoon.
- Jen's beloved Sangiovese is back better than ever! You'll be in for a treat with raspberry, red cherry and spice aromas dancing around your glass. Spending some time in matured oak, the palate is medium bodied, textured and smooth, with a long finish that leaves you wanting more!
- Originating in Tuscany, Sangiovese is the main varietal used in traditional Chianti blends. This is the perfect next step to the side of your standard Shiraz or Cab favourite and in to a world of reds that are up and coming on the Australian wine scene.
- With 94% of Angels who bought a bottle last vintage wanting to buy it again, you'd best get your hands on a few of these quickly. It's guaranteed to leave any red lover with a big smile on their dial, especially at under $10 for Angels!
- This is the only Botrytis Semillon dessert wine available through Naked Wines! Rob has hand crafted a unique wine for Angels with grapes from the NSW Riverina region. Wines of this style are quite rare not only in the landscape of Australian wine, but also in world wine.
- Your glass will show wonderful colours of light gold with amber hues. Then get ready for some enticing aromas. Think dried apricot and orange marmalade combined with fresh peach and hints of high quality French oak. The scrumptious flavours on your palate will be a rich and complex combination of mango and citrus layers. The fine acid structure combined with subtle oak characters provide balance to this exceptionally complex and luscious wine.
- Rob's outstanding attention to detail has created a sweet delight that is a true reward for the Angels who helped make it happen. This is the perfect wine to enjoy with special company, save for an occasion or to share as an out-of-the-ordinary gift to a lucky pal. So, why not stock up with several! Woohoo! And, as of June 2019, it's just scored 95 Points from the esteemed wine writer James Halliday.