- 2018 was an outstanding year for reds in both the Riverina region and the cool climate region of the Hilltops. Rob has delivered a drop that exhibits textbook Shiraz complexity and intensity - a serious Shiraz, without the serious price tag.
- The cool Hilltops fruit component provides the elegant food friendly structure, along with aromas of dark cherry and pepper spice. The Riverina portion is responsible for the wine's rich core of fruit layers - think intense plum and red berries. Together with the subtleness of maturation in oak, the final product is soft and full-bodied with layers that will make your mouth water!
- Rob has made wine all around the world, and knows that Shiraz is truly the great Australian red! This wine was inspired by his family's vineyard, established by his late Grandfather, which is mostly full of gorgeous Shiraz.
- This ripping Shiraz comes from 65 year old vines in beautiful Broke, where Andrew began the process of crafting a dry red wine balanced with fresh acidity and savoury complexity.
- Fine and fruit driven, the red berry flavours give a natural intensity to each delightful sip...you'll be re-filling your glass in no time! This wine is back by popular demand - thousands of Angels can't be wrong!
- This is a truly versatile wine, ready to delight your dinner party guests or just as easily bring in a quiet evening on the porch with a platter of nibbles. With wines of this region usually weighing in at above $30 per bottle, Andrew has truly outdone himself this year.
Bart Van Olphen’s B.V.O Blauw Heathcote Shiraz debuts on the Naked shelves! This is a Dutchman’s take on Australia’s most widely planted grape with a nod to the European syrah style.
Beautifully perfumed, bright, medium-weight shiraz with ripe red cherry fruits and spicy notes finishing with dusty fine-grain tannins. Yummm! Super-premium quality grapes of this quality would normally go into wines valued at well over $40 a bottle!
The single-vineyard Heathcote site located in the Mt Camel range is totally unique. The deep red, mineral rich soil dates back to the Cambrian era, 500 million years ago. The volcanic geology gives a distinct charry, smoky character to the shiraz.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Paul and Ralph have started their Naked journey off with a bang launching their aged Barossa Shiraz to all Angels. The growing season produced grapes with great aromatics, sensational fruit flavours and good acidity.
Delicious aromas of morello cherry, dried plum, anise and cedar oaky notes drive through to rich deep flavours of plum, raspberry, blackcurrant and chocolatey mocha. The finest of savoury tannins and hints of sweet oak all combine to round out this beautifully refined, super-generous wine.
SCRIBE Barossa Shiraz will sell very quickly. Once it’s gone it’ll be a long wait until the next vintage. Don’t miss out on your chance to try an aged Barossa Shiraz at an extraordinary price.
The cool nights in Orange pulls the fruit back from getting too ripe and has allowed Debbie to create a super elegant Shiraz with delicious flavours.
Overflowing with dark berry fruits, cherry, blackberry, and a little hint of blueberry & plum are jumping out of the glass! Beautiful mid-palate fruit weight and a gorgeous fruity fleshiness all followed up by a touch of dark chocolate, coffee and a spiciness coming through from the oak. Seriously, the flavours of this Shiraz just go on and on!
The cooler growing conditions allow the fruit to exhibit more complex characters with much softer tannins compared to wines from other regions. And, because it's from a less famous winemaking region it doesn't carry the higher price tag of other wines.
- Soft tannins, a medium body and completely moorish layers of tongue teasing berries will have you reaching for a re-fill! This drop is great to drink on its own or with a meal. At under $13 a bottle, it certainly punches above its weight!
- Andrew Leembruggen crafts his Hilltops range wih a fine and fruit driven experience in mind. He wants to emphasise the natural fruit flavours, spice and perfume that are all gifted by the grapes of this incredible region.
- The Hilltops wine region lies in southern NSW and includes the shires of Boorowa, Harden and Young. Young has an altitude of 440m which means cool nights coupled with warm days allowing for the production of reds that are powerful yet elegant with proven age-ability.
- Liz's finely crafted treasures are back, better than ever! This deep crimson Shiraz started out as intensely flavoured grapes on low yielding Southern Fleurieu vines, harvested in the cool of the night.
- Intense aromas of wild berry, chocolate and baked spice and a hint of toasty vanillin oak all followed up by strong ripe plum and berry flavours with a sensationally long velvety tannin finish. Sooo much flavour in one bottle!
- Past vintages of this cracking Shiraz have all been quick to sell out, with rave reviews and a massive 92% buy-again rating from Angels. Getting your hands on this boutique SA Shiraz for under $15 is an Angel-only privilege...go on and enjoy!
- Sourced from the family vineyard called the ‘Cave Block’ in Wrattonbully, SA which is known for its Terra Rossa soils and world heritage listed caves, including some beneath this very vineyard!
- The climate in Wrattonbully produces a great mix of fruit and spice. Berry fruits and plum typically found in warmer climates is balanced with white pepper and spice found in cool climate Shiraz. This harmony is both unique and complex and produces a wine to please all Shiraz lovers.
- If you want a crowd pleaser, this is it. Soft, rich, generous and complex. If you like a Barossa style, give this a try. If you like an Adelaide Hills style, give this a try. If you like a cool climate Syrah, give this a try.
- Cathy and Neil Howard’s Boots & All Shiraz returns with a bang! This beautifully balanced full flavoured Shiraz from their beloved burgeoning WA wine region of Geographe is sure to knock your socks off. A small amount of premium grapes from the Frankland River region adds another dimension of complexity and flavour to the wine.
- Hand-crafted, basket-pressed and matured on French oak for 11 months this luscious Shiraz is silky-soft and super generous on the palate. Aromas of blueberries, plums and raspberries are beautifully balanced by smooth as silk tannins all with the oh-so-generous flavour complexity of ripe dark berries. A perfect wine to match with a range of dishes.
- You can taste the labour-intensiveness in this handcrafted Shiraz. After your first glass you will be reaching for more as the flavours evolve. A Shiraz that shows sensational colour, soft tannins, balanced with great length and great cellaring potential... your patience will be rewarded if you stash a couple of bottles away!
- Leighton has packed in layers of juicy berries for you to enjoy, alongside rounded tannins and a finish that has just a touch of spice.
- Hailing from the high, cool region of Bendigo where nutrients are spread between low-yielding grapes, there is no doubt the concentration of flavour is through the roof here.
- An Australian single vineyard Shiraz for under $13 is almost unheard of, so lap up your reward for backing boutique talents like Leighton and pop a few of his Lazy goodness in your basket today!