WE'RE NOT SURE
Adrian and Rebecca's Family Reserve range is their ultimate offering. These premium wines are hand crafted to capture the true essence of the Yarra Valley region. There's nothing old school about this Chardonnay - it is modern and fresh! It's certainly a classy drop for those looking to take their wine journey to the next level.
The Santolin Family Reserve Chardonnay was hand picked from low yielding vines, naturally fermented in French oak and matured for a further 9 months. You’ll be awestruck by the hazelnut and grapefruit aromas and flavours all beautifully wrapped up and balanced by a hint of oak and melon. The gorgeous acidity gives this luxe wine an impressively long finish.
Best of all, the price is an unbelievable exclusive for Angels who want to treat themselves to premium Yarra Valley quality without forking out on an over inflated price tag.
- This is Naked's very first straight Petit Verdot direct from the Margaret River, with more than a decade of unbroken premium vintage conditions and a place that Stuart happens to know inside out. He's made this Top Shelf wine in tiny quantities. One of the least common red varietals to see as a stand alone wine in Australia, it will not be around long.
- Often used in small blending percentages to soften all the Aussie Shiraz and Cab we know and love, Petit Verdot was traditionally found in Bordeaux blends. Now out and proud standing alone, it has plenty of moreish assets; think rich fruit that sings over the top of hearty structural tannins. Definitely a wine to cellar further or enjoy right now, as it's late release has ensured a silky smooth drink as soon as you crack open this stunner.
- The nose gives an exotic fruit twist with subtle cedary oak bringing the party together. The blue fruits of the nose carry through with an earthy note, as does the engaging spicy twist. The flavours are long and finish with bold structural tannins. Dive in to this completely unique and irresistibly priced red wine.
- Once again Stuart brings us an out-of-this-world Top Shelf beauty, poised to blow the socks off any Chardonnay or Margaret River enthusiast. Truly a labour of love, there was no crushing in the creation of this juicy treat. All grapes were whole fruit pressed to lock in maximum aromatics and complexity.
- Matured in a combination of new and older Burgundian oak barriques for 12 months, and then held back in tank for longer to allow the flavours to meld, and the wine to gain poise. Scents of lemon curd, peach skin, pink grapefruit, and citrus oils leap will from your glass. Notes of hazelnut and vanilla follow to really get you salivating!
- The palate packs texture and weight of flavour beyond expectation. This is off-set by a mineral acidity that makes the finish fresh without dulling the persistence of flavour. Stuart has created a wine of nuance that manages to walk the tightrope of generosity and a clean finish. Above all, it is classic Margaret River Chardonnay that will drink well, as soon as you open the bottle! Stuart's tip? You simply won't be able to buy a Chardonnay with this level of complexity or style, at this price, from anywhere else.
- Did someone say cool climate Pinot? Look no further! Angels, it's no secret Pinot Noir is one of the most difficult grapes to grow well. Fine skins and a delicate structure make it a fickle beast. Lucky for you, Randal knows a thing or two about perfecting Pinot!
- Grown on his family's Adelaide Hills vineyard, this drop will meet you with a fantastically fragrant nose - think cherry, red berry, and a touch of earthiness. Some spicy oak on the palate does wonders for the complexity of the wine, making it more than food friendly!
- Upfront juicy fruit opens in the mouth to a myriad of flavours and textures. The amazing length of flavour indicates the the sheer quality of the fruit that Randal has cultivated so lovingly.
Bart Van Olphen’s B.V.O Blauw Heathcote Shiraz debuts on the Naked shelves! This is a Dutchman’s take on Australia’s most widely planted grape with a nod to the European syrah style.
Beautifully perfumed, bright, medium-weight shiraz with ripe red cherry fruits and spicy notes finishing with dusty fine-grain tannins. Yummm! Super-premium quality grapes of this quality would normally go into wines valued at well over $40 a bottle!
The single-vineyard Heathcote site located in the Mt Camel range is totally unique. The deep red, mineral rich soil dates back to the Cambrian era, 500 million years ago. The volcanic geology gives a distinct charry, smoky character to the shiraz.
This exceptional cool-climate Canberra Syrah had the perfect growing conditions: cool and mild lead up followed by a consistent ripening period. The fruit Rob had to play with was pristine: intense concentration of flavour and deep colour. This is sure to deliver you a silky mouthful, with intensity and length.
This Syrah will draw you in with its aromas of red cherry, plum and white pepper all backed up by hints of vanilla spice and toasty oak. Such beautiful intensity and length of flavour with silky fine tannins giving great structure.
Perfect for those colder months to come, and absolutely sensational with your next roast with all the trimmings!
BTW, the 2015 vintage scored 97% Buy Again!
This is a true work of art from Rob Paulazzo. Get ready for some incredible raspberry and cherry plum aromas with hints of gorgeous cinnamon spice. This is a light to medium bodied Pinot with subtle influences of savoury spice on the finely structured palate, leading through to silky dark cherry notes with super supple tannins.
Pinot Noir is a fickle beast, it won't just grow anywhere...it needs the right climate, right soils and right location in order to show its true potential. Luckily, Angels have enabled Rob to access outstanding Pinot Noir vineyards in Tumbarumba, a region which ticks all these boxes and more! Rob's Heritage Bin range is inspired by the generations of Paulazzo family grape growing and homestyle winemaking that his family coded with letter and number combinations to mark the best soil locations on the vineyards.
Get in on this delicious Pinot Noir before it's gone & see why Rob has a huge soft spot for this varietal. It's dark and mysterious, yet with the right attention to detail and creative winemaking applied, it results in a special experience for any red lover. Using a mixture of new and old oak, and extended grape skin contact this Pinot has fantastic complexity and sensational length.
- Sourced from the family vineyard called the ‘Cave Block’ in Wrattonbully, SA which is known for its Terra Rossa soils and world heritage listed caves, including some beneath this very vineyard!
- The climate in Wrattonbully produces a great mix of fruit and spice. Berry fruits and plum typically found in warmer climates is balanced with white pepper and spice found in cool climate Shiraz. This harmony is both unique and complex and produces a wine to please all Shiraz lovers.
- If you want a crowd pleaser, this is it. Soft, rich, generous and complex. If you like a Barossa style, give this a try. If you like an Adelaide Hills style, give this a try. If you like a cool climate Syrah, give this a try.
Cathy & Neil Howard have created a magical blend of Shiraz and Viognier. Two varietals from two vineyards. Hand-crafted, basket-pressed and blended in French oak barrels for 18 months.
You’ll find aromas of blueberries, raspberries and cherries, with a delicate floral, rose-like aroma thanks to the Viognier. On the palate, the red and dark berry flavours continue, and are balanced by a soft, velvety tannin structure.
A soft, slightly savoury style and one that has texture too! Flavour and length, means that it is a great wine to match with food. It's not too heavy, and not too light! It's a wine which will cellar well too, if you have the patience to store it away for a few years.
- This stunning Top Shelf Chardonnay from Rob will send you into a spin! Its enticing aromas include grapefruit, green melon and white nectarine bouncing around your glass, followed by hints of cashew nuts and toasty oak.
- On the palate, you'll enjoy green apple, fig and honeydew melon layers. Fresh mineral acidity combined with a creamy texture and nutty oak provide balance to this exceptionally long, complex and structured wine. Only the finest oak barrels were used, delivering over-the-top quality in each sip.
- Making the most of his world-class Burgundy vintage experience, Rob is undoubtedly most passionate about Chardonnay when it comes to whites. His Heritage Bin range is inspired by the generations of grape growing and homestyle winemaking that his family coded with letter/number combinations. Tumbarumba is one of Australia's best cool climate regions for Chardonnay, so don't blink or you'll miss getting your hands on this small batch wine for under $20!