- Montepulciano is widely planted around Abruzzo in central east of Italy and the second most widely planted variety in Italy behind Sangiovese.
The thick skins offer deep purple colour and firm powdery tannins while the palate offers ripe fruit of plums.
The vines in McLaren Vale were shoot thinned and bunch thinned to ensure there was no overlapping fruit but maintain dappled light. This vineyard where the wine was grown also participates in Sustainable Wine Growing Australia.
- Dive in to a little bit of Naked history! The premier Naked release of this stunning Whitegate Vineyard treat is the result of a long passion filled project by Sam. Get a slice of incredibly priced full bodied perfection in your case today!
- Prepare for wondrous red fruits, sweet spices and violet notes, with a touch of blueberry, chocolate and even a meaty savoury character. The fruit for this was sourced from Sam's elevated and cool family vineyard in the Strathbogie Ranges of Central Victoria, which has an extraordinary history of producing quality Shiraz.
- Sam and his team went big and fun on this project, experimenting with whole bunch fermentation and small Viognier touches to perfect the intense flavours and balanced mouth feel. The cousin Shiraz of Sam's other Top Shelf red masterpieces, there is absolutely no doubt this will be an instant classic among Angels
- Hand grown and picked by Tait Hamilton whose family vineyard is on the prestige soils of Heathcote. Tait is a hardworking and careful grower, and he has a site which is an incredible gift from nature!
- Your glass will be boldly coloured with youthful magenta on the rim. Scrumptious layers of plum, blackberries, chocolate and raisins will sing along with earthy, peppery hints. Tannins are ripe and plush, lending texture to round out each powerful, flavour packed slurp!
- The low pH of Tait's fruit is associated with bright colour and 'stable' wine which can almost make itself with minimal intervention - the challenge is not messing up the natural gift. The wine is full bodied with warmth from ripe fruit and subsequent high alcohol. Time spent in new an one year old oak barrels has given it a moreish, smokey finish. Go on, treat yourself to the tip-top of Naked's shelves!
- Last vintage scored a cracking buy-again rating of 97% from hundreds of Angels. Daryl has done it again, so you are in for an incredible treat with the fastest moving wine - Naked folklore sees it race off our shelves every year.
- When working for Penfolds, Daryl saw where the best fruit came from and so bought a vineyard directly opposite to supply his own Shiraz grapes. This wine isn't made in the same style as Grange but the essence of the wine - the quality of the fruit - is the same.
- This is all about the fruit! Super sexy slightly spicy, intense black fruits and some chocolate. Amazingly complex with an outstanding length of flavour, all delivered to you for under $25 bucks as an Angel. Unbelievable!
- Jen's Diamond Cab Sauv received the Rolls Royce treatment every step of the way from vine to bottle. Made using only the best parcels of fruit, it was hand crafted in tiny batches and matured in the finest oak possible.
- Truly a powerful wine, it is packed with upfront blackberry fruit. Hints of mint and dried herbs linger in the finish. There is a lovely texture on the palate and a great depth and savouriness that you'll want to savour!
- Last vintage of this scored a massive 96% buy-again rating from thousands of every day Angels, and sold out in 3 months! It's nigh impossible to find a wine of this quality for under $20 anywhere else, so why not make the most of your Angel backing and stock up on a couple of these Top Shelf treasures.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Naked's big Barossa beauty is back! Rated a whopping 96% last vintage, this stunner was crafted with grapes from exceptional low-yielding old vines with proven nutrient rich grapes a-plenty. You'll be taken to planet YUM with each sip. Just think - layers of blackcurrants, cinnamon and mocha, spice. The palate is tight, rich and round - the perfect winter warmer!
- This wine is truly Naked in every sense. It was lovingly produced by our masterful South Australian Red specialist Adam Barton, who now has freedom and room for creativity in his winery like never before thanks to your Angel backing.
- Firm tannins give the wine great texture, mouthfeel and persistence of flavour. Thousands of Angels will be falling over themselves after loving this last vintage, so you can be sure you're on to a winner.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Cabernet Sauvignon and Margaret River go hand in hand, and the whole wine world knows it! Renowned for it's perfect growing conditions year in year out, there is little wonder that Stuart has hand-selected local grape sites for this show stopper. After the juice spent 24 months in French Oak to integrate the bolder notes, Stuart's labour of love has resulted in a dense drop that is perfect in every way.
- The depth and dimension of the wine's aromas suggest that this is something serious and long living. Your glass will fill with layers of red and blueberries, blackcurrants and a touch of nutty spice. Everything comes together like the sweetest choir you've ever heard!
- All this class has fantastic length and finishes with abundant fine grained tannins. In some ways the wine is brooding and introspective, and in other ways it's bursting with vibrance. Sophisticated and seductive now, it will only get better with age!
- Anyone looking for a wine with body and flavour is on to a winner here! Shiraz as a variety is particularly sensitive to climate in terms of the style it will produce, and it's because of this that Brian likes to grow his red fruit in the northern end of Margaret River. Your cellar will benefit immensely with a few of these pocket-friendly premium wines in stock before the rest of the world catches on to how outstanding Margaret River Shiraz really is!
- Shiraz can range from spicy and lifted (for example from Gippsland) to rich and dark (McLaren Vale). Brian's Reserve Shiraz sits right in the middle of this spectrum, with nice spicy fruit, yet with a beautiful medium bodied feel to it all.
- Your glas will fill with a deep red and purple in colour, delivering tantalising dark berries with each sip, expressing both oak and fruit beautifully. Some whole bunches were added along the way for their woody stems, giving the wine a textured lift. Plus, about 5% Tempranillo was splashed in. Why? Because Brian likes it. We know you will as well (if you don't believe us, check the massive 95% buy-again Angel rating of last vintage...) Enjoy!
- Angels, get ready for the next instalment of juicy dark crimson red Shiraz from Gary! It will spill out blackberry and cherry aromas from your glass, and you'll taste a world of flavours that will keep you coming back for more!
- Just think of all the scrumptious black and cherry fruits, pepper and cinnamon with charred vanillin notes. The textured and soft tannins on the finish make this a fabulous food wine, perfect to pair with your favourite red meat dishes.
- Of all the things Gary knows, the fact that low-yielding vines are one of the most important ingredients needed for a bold, dark Shiraz is certainly one! This wine is a repeat offender when it comes to selling through the vintage, so pop a bottle or three in your basket today!
- Adam sourced these grapes from Seaview and Clarendon vineyards in the renowned McLaren Vale. The end result in a sumptuous looking wine - deep purple, almost black in colour. You'll be blown away with aromas of black currants and white pepper, with hints of dark chocolate and nutmeg.
- Each sip will be a rich mouthful, with firm tannins that give the wine power as well as an irresistible persistence of flavour. This bottle will take you deep into Adam's world of sky-high Angel rated range of Reds & out the other side happier for the delicious experience.
- The last vintage scored a mind blowing 95% buy-again rating from Angels - who could argue with that?! Get in quick before this McLaren beauty is all snapped up once again.