Have you been impacted by the recent hike in wine import tariffs?
We can help.
The recent tariff hike on Australian wine exports to China is an especially crushing blow to Australian independent winemakers, and comes on the back of an already tough year.
We don’t care for the politics, but we do care about the people so we’ve publicly announced three key commitments They’re designed to support quality Australian independent winemakers and positively influence Australia’s wine industry and market at large:
- Certainty for winemakers: We’ll honour the commitments we’ve made to all our independent Australian winemakers. We won’t drop contracts with our winemakers and their growers to take advantage of cheaper sources (we never would).
- Fair prices for all: We’ll continue delivering fair prices to winemakers and customers so that everybody wins. This principle has been central to our unique business model since the company was founded.
- A $5 Million Winemaker Rescue Fund: We’re launching our Winemaker Rescue Fund on December 8 to support talented Australian independent winemakers feeling the grip of the recent tariff hike. This fund will offer them a new home to sell their best wines at a fair price, with a direct connection to our network of more than 100,000 local and over 750,000 global customers.
If you’re one of the winemakers affected by the tariff hike, we’d love to hear from you.
How to apply
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach evidence of the business impact, as well as independent credentials on your wine quality (e.g. awards, press, Vivino ratings).
Be as detailed as you can. We’re looking for great wine that was destined for China but now has no home, and a business that fits what Naked stands for - amazing quality wine made by real people with real stories. To be eligible you must:
- Be an independent wine producer or winemaker
- Display a proven track record of quality
- Show evidence of China’s wine tariffs hike impact on business
- Clear any importer/agent exclusivity arrangements first
And if that’s not you, can still help by sharing this page with your social networks so we can reach as many winemakers as possible.
For further media information or interviews with Alicia Kennedy or Naked Wines’ independent winemakers, please contact Feature Communications:
Lisa Poisel, email@example.com 0412 151 664
Rob Verschuer, firstname.lastname@example.org 0477 396 794
Angels & Customers can help too:
Reach those in need: If you know an independent winemaker who could benefit from the fund, please copy and paste the following link to this page.
Help get the word out. Share this page on your social networks and help spread the word. We need as many of you as possible to get the message out. Use the hashtag #StopTheSqueeze.
Order a Stop the Squeeze Rescue Case: If you're looking to top up your wine rack for Christmas, you can buy a case of much-loved Naked Wines from our tarrif-affected winemakers and help tie battlers like Randal over.