Grapes were sourced from the acclaimed Light Pass sub-region of the Barossa. Caroline’s fresh, uncomplicated approach to winemaking allows the fruit to speak for itself.
The wine was matured in seasoned French oak for 18 months to promote a soft, silky texture and subtle complexity without picking up dominant oak flavour. Bright, fragrant aromas of blood-plum, mulberry, blueberry and blackberry, with hints of star anise, savoury spice and red licorice.
A uniquely Australian red with a distinctive, evocative style. This iconic Barossa variety is given a graceful, modern twist. Perfect to enjoy on its own or with a juicy rib-eye steak with crispy leeks and potatoes or barbecued lamb ribs with chilli-plum sauce!
Gentle handling during fermentation on skins in small, open fermenters has allowed for optimum extraction of flavour and fine balanced tannins.
The wine was matured in seasoned, spicy French oak for 15 months to soften and develop richness and complexity without picking up dominant oak flavour. Delightfully evocative of its Barossa roots with complex aromas of black cherry, pomegranate, cranberry and violet, with hints of wild herbs, juniper and savoury spice.
A uniquely Australian red. Such an interesting and different variety with a savoury twist and a dry finish that’s a great match with gnocchi with mushrooms and blue cheese or grilled lamb cutlets. Yummo!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Grenache is ideally suited to growing in the Barossa Valley so this was the perfect choice for Caroline and Nigel to showcase quintessential Barossa-ness in a fresh, lively Rosé. Sourced entirely from a single vineyard at the sub-region of Greenock the fruit was picked early when the bright, juicy raspberry characters were evident in the vineyard – perfect for making crisp, lip-smacking Rosé.
Caroline and Nigel’s winemaking approach is fresh and uncomplicated, allowing the fruit to speak for itself. Free-run Grenache juice was drained straight from the press after extracting a delicate pink colour. With no pressing of the skins and seeds, only the pure, fresh juice was fermented at cool temperatures resulting in a deliciously light, fruity wine.
A fresh, delicate wine with abundant red berry fruits, subtle florals, and hints of gentle spice. The palate is long, balanced and refreshing, with a fine backbone of crisp, natural acidity. Perfect with Vietnamese spring rolls, crispy fish tacos or hard cheeses.
Inspired by his time working in Italy this wine is testimony to Drew’s love of the wine styles of that country and also to the passion of a local Central Ranges grower who has planted his entire vineyard with Italian varietals.
A unique Australian blend of Pinot Grigio, Vermentino and Arneis combine to make an aromatic dry white wine. Be thinking hints of citrus and herb with a crunchy pear-ish edge to it. Fresh, aromatic, lively and all with a nice little savoury finish. Seriously yummo!
Delicious spring and summer drinking with great versatility from starters right through to main course. Leave a bottle in the fridge and have one ready to go anytime - it’s sure to give that wow factor.
- Inspired by his time working in Italy this wine is testimony to Drew’s love of the wine styles of that country and also to the passion of a local Central Ranges grower who has planted his entire vineyard with Italian varietals.
- A unique Australian blend of Piedmonte's 3 greatest red wine varieties, Nebbiolo, Barbera and Dolcetto. Oodles of charm, fruitiness and approachability with extra depth from the Barbera and a lick of tannin and structure from the Nebbiolo. Loads of bold fresh fruit and a nice bit of tannin to carry the flavours with just a hint of oak impact.
- It’s all about immediate appeal. Rosso is a red wine that you can drink on warmer days as well as on cosy winter nights. You’ll be able to crack this open as soon as it arrives at your door! Ready and drinkable from day one.
Wow! Red lovers will love this extremely rare variety from the Cabernet family. Originally grown in its spiritual home of Bordeaux, most plantings are now in Chile, and only a handful are made in Australia.
You’ll be drawn into the impenetrably deep purple and violet hues, with aromas of red berries, cocoa and herbaceous flavours. It’ll go perfectly with your most delicious winter-warming hearty dishes. Yumm!
Once the word gets out, this rich gem from Adrian & Rebecca will fly from the Naked shelves. Don’t be the Angel that misses out on the chance of trying one of the very few Carmenere’s in Australia. You’ll be coming back for more!
- This is Leighton's exclusive Rosé Returns! He has achieved a gorgeous outcome by co-fermenting quality Shiraz and Cabernet fruit. This somewhat rustic approach has ensured a lovely strawberry and cream nose that will jump from your glass and get your mouth watering...
- Each sip will be utterly smooth, with layers of strawberry, red currant and raspberry, and will deliver a great mouthfeel that coats your palate to give amazing length. The wine is crafted in the Saignée style - a French word that refers to bleeding. That is, the free run juice was bled after very limited time in contact with the skins to ensure a pristine and delicate drop.
- After fermentation the wine was also matured in oak for 6 months, which is a little left of centre for Rosé. This time in oak allowed the wine to soften, and is just another example of the extra creative TLC that Leighton put in to every turn of his Rosré making adventure to deliver this stupendous value for Angels!
- For all the Merlot lovers out there, this is a must-try! It undoubtedly punches will above it's weight - thousands of Angels buying it year in year out can't be wrong.
- Liz has created a balanced palate that provides the structure for a medium bodied wine. Red berry and plum layers will dance around your tongue and leave any red lover smiling from ear to ear.
- This wine has the capacity to be cellared for a few years, but if you can't wait (like us!), it's perfect to enjoy now. It is delightful with most meat base meals or even on it's own. Lighter than big bold Shiraz or Cab, this is the perfect summer red!
- Liz's skilful blend of these two grapes has kept Angels coming back for more every vintage release! This is the latest instalment of her Shiraz Viognier, and it's a knock-out in the flavour and value department!
- Your palate will be treated with approachable plum and white peppercorn notes with a delicate floral note contributed by the portion of carefully blended Viognier. The finish has velvety hints of mocha and spice. These supple layers will linger & provide a real treat for those who love to enjoy a glass of red with any hearty red meat based meal.
- With each vintage being snapped up by Angels who have long enjoyed Liz's wines, why not double up on this wonderful red before it's too late! At under $9 per bottle for Angels, this is a stunner not to be missed in your next Naked order.
- The Queensland boys are back! After a sellout last year, they deliver their next vintage of their luscious Tempranillo. Beyond the hand-dipped wax seal, this incredible red is all about pure, fresh red and black fruits.
- The cool climate characteristics make it juicy and moreish, especially with it's layers of French and American oak and soft, velvety tannins. A little lighter and brighter than some Australian Tempranillos, this is a classic example of the style that is made and drunk all over Spain. All this exotic deliciousness can wing to your Angel door for under $19!
- This wine is sourced from Glen and Andrew's own organically managed vineyards as well as a neighbouring vineyard just up the road in the cool climate hills of Ballandean. A true Queensland dream made in tiny quantities, don't miss your share - pop it in your basket today!