Husband and wife team following a dream in Southern Tasmania••• More
Andrew and Jenny Sinclair are passionately dedicated to combining the best of ‘old world’ winemaking and ‘new world’ innovation, all with with minimal intervention. So only the finest sustainable vineyard practices are used at the stunningly beautiful Cape Bernier.
Perched on the rich soils of an ancient volcanic range and tempered by powerful sea breezes, the vineyard’s long slow ripening period produces wines that are incredibly fruit-driven with an abundant intensity of flavours. Absolutely delicious!
Thanks to guaranteed Angel funding, Andrew and Jenny can now totally focus on nurturing their beloved vineyard to their exacting standards and making the finest Tasmanian wines imaginable, exclusively for Naked Angels - and they are soooo grateful!
Simon Sorby Adams is one of the most influential and acclaimed winemakers in Australia.
He was instrumental (firstly as Senior, then Chief Winemaker) at Yalumba for twenty years, in establishing the truly iconic international reputation for its masthead premium wines.
Throughout his award-winning career, Sorby’s philosophy of seeking out the finest grapes from the best vineyards in the Barossa and high Eden to create exceptional wines, has been at the very heart of everything he does.
- His silky winemaking skills have helped the stunning West Cape Howe, Singlefile Wines and Rockcliffe wineries garner coveted 5-Star Halliday ratings, and, he’s also been named as a finalist for the Young Guns of Wine awards.
But, it was only very recently, when Coby summoned up all his courage to strike out on his own, that things really began to get, ahhh, Naked - began to really make sense!
Yep, when you helped Coby become a liberated Naked winemaker, able to handcraft small-volume boutique wines exclusively for Angels, that’s when another dream took shape and started to fly!
- Copy goes here
- Bart van Olphen’s wine journey is totally unique. Born and raised among the windmills and tulips of his native Holland, he learned his winemaking craft in Germany’s Pfalz region, honed it in the USA, handmade mighty reds alongside the legend that is Steve Pannell for eight years in McLaren Vale before settling in Victoria.
- Bart is married to Kim Chalmers of the famed Chalmers vineyards and it’s from these excellent family-grown grapes that he sources the most delectable, pristine fruit to power his Angel-exclusive B.O.V range of deliciousness!
- Bart is very much a minimal interventionist winemaker: grow the best fruit, let it talk and stay hands off as much as possible. And with the huge array of Chalmers grapes available to choose from Bart is like a kid in a candy store!
- Cathy & Neil now run their own brilliant Geographe vineyard, in Western Australia. This is where all the Boots & All magic happens, turning out hand crafted, textural wines full of TLC.
- With a combined 55 years of experience with some of the BIGGEST and BEST in the game, we didn’t hesitate welcoming this wonder couple in to the Naked community. Cathy honed her winemaking craft at the likes of St Hallet in the Barossa, and Neil’s vigneron experience has come from likes of the mighty Sandalford in Margaret River.
- It's been a long road to taking the leap and managing their own patch of perfect soil in Geographe, the dream for any passionate winemaker. Now, with Angel backing, Cathy & Neil have the ability to explore all sorts of boutique possibilities within their respective crafts. This is the kind of freedom that turns wine into something truly personal, unique and undeniably delicious.
- Anthony’s amazing career is dotted with other Aussie winemaking legends that he has learnt from, mentored or worked alongside. Joining Naked means Anthony can deliver his brothers-in-arms project to the tables of Angels everywhere, a powerful tribute to the life and pristine viticultural standards of his friend Kym.
- Both men had always nurtured a desire to do their own thing, seperate to the mass wine companies. Kym’s vast experience led him to discover the very finest Victorian vineyard site: north facing, high altitude, pristine cool-climate, brilliant fertile deep-red soil. He bought it, and planted it in 1995 with a proven, old, local Shiraz clone. “Kym believed his vineyard was as close to heaven as you could get - he loved it.”
- Before Naked, Anthony had amassed literally hundreds of wine awards including the World’s Best Shiraz for his 2005 Heathcote Shiraz at the Decanter International Wine & Spirit Competition. Today, Anthony continues to help Kym’s family by purchasing the premium Shiraz fruit and creating outstanding wine that pays homage to all the traits his dear friend showed - big, generous and full of life.
- We’ve rolled out the red carpet… Angels are now in the presence of Aussie wine royalty! Caroline was the first female winemaker ever to win the coveted, and world famous, Jimmy Watson Trophy - the most prestigious and sought after wine award in Australia while she was paving the way for Wolf Blass. 2017 marks the start of her most exciting challenge yet, channelling her experience into crafting boutique wines, just for Angels!
- Caroline was awarded Best Shiraz in the World at the illustrious International Wine and Spirit Competition in London, U.K.in 2002 for her Wolf Blass Platinum Label Shiraz. Let’s repeat that last bit… Best. Shiraz. in. the. World.
- In a first-up collaboration Caroline is being joined by long time friend and wine-genius-superstar, Nigel Dolan. Yep, there is probably not a red wine Trophy in major Australian shows that Nigel’s wines have not won at least once, including the mighty Stodart Trophy three times, the Jimmy Watson Trophy twice, in addition to being named South Australian Winemaker of the Year, Barossa Winemaker of the Year and Winestate Australian Winemaker of the Year. Run, don't walk... Caroline's wines will fly off the Naked shelves!
- Copy goes here
- The first ever RT by Randal Tomich wines to get exclusively Naked are his delicate Pinot Noir and crisp, moreish Chardonnay, both grown on the Adelaide Hills vineyard his family has farmed for three generations. Hand picked, boutique quantities...all thanks to Angel backing!
- Randal's passion is clear - home is where the heart is. He approaches each of his pristine single vineyard wines "with a love and understanding of the land, treading softly and farming sustainably to create balance and harmony in life."
- Randal's father spent a life time learning hard earned secrets of soil quality - the ultimate key to premium winemaking. Randal hasn't just followed in his father's inventive footsteps, he's taken it to a new level! He's invented genius equipment and techniques promote the vineyard's health, achieving a 60% saving in both fuel costs and time.