WE'RE NOT SURE
- Having been involved in every step of the Margaret River's rise to world wide fame, Stuart knows the region inside out. He has blended this Top Shelf beauty with care and skill, leaving it to mature in French oak barriques for 24 months.
- Using specially selected fruit parcels, the wine captures ripe fruit flavours yet retains the distinctive perfume of Margaret River Cabernet Sauvignon, and the lush generosity of Merlot.
- The nose is rich and complex with a fresh hit of lifted red and blue berries, intermingled with subtle cedar notes from the oak. Tastes of mulberries, plums and blackberries are wrapped in soft tannins. This is a serious wine at a price around half that of it's comparable Stella Bella and Vasse Felix colleagues!
The fruit for this wine comes from an exceptional certified organic vineyard in the Margaret River region with the same ethical and sustainable focus as the winemaker, Ben.
Ben has gone all out, mixing tried & tested techniques with new world tricks of the trade to achieve this warming, red-berry laden hug. Its velvety layers of red berries and savoury spice build with each sip, and lead to a finish that leaves you wanting more.
With your continued support for exclusive drops like this, Ben continues to grow his family business. His vineyard was bought with Angel help and he's already up to his ears building a big new winery!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Sorry, this wine is available exclusively to the Angels who helped make it happen. To find out more about becoming an Angel, click here.
- Paul hunted high and low across Piedmont, Italy, for the perfect Barbera site with the most interesting aspect. He settled on two different vineyards for their expressive and elegant grapes.
- Crushed with a handful of whole bunches for that little bit extra oomph, the wine was pressed off after 10 days and pumped into older barrels for maturation. The result is a succulent and full-bodied red oozing with dark mulberry and plum fruit flavours and hints of spice, licorice and cocoa beans.
- Paul believes that great Barbera Superiore are some of the most enjoyable wines to drink. This is no exception. Small batch (just 190 cases!) and exclusive to Naked, it’s a delight to enjoy and will age well for up to 10 years.
The cool-climate of the Frankland River in South West WA is one of the best regions for Shiraz in Australia. So that’s exactly where Paul headed for the fruit for this exceptional wine. It did not disappoint!
Harvested in the middle of the night and partially cold soaked, the texture and flavour locked inside these premium grapes has been given every chance to shine. Some of the fermenting juice has even seen a bit of new oak to enhance your drinking experience.
This is a classic smooth and elegant Shiraz - less fruit-sweet than its Barossa cousin. Expect cracked pepper and a touch of licorice to jump from the glass accompanied by redcurrant and dark fruit characters. It's plush on the tongue, well-rounded, long but still fresh. Delicious!
Paul Nelson’s Nodus Tollens Pinot Noir is sourced from two of the oldest vines in the Great Southern region of Denmark WA. Finished in a combination new and older oak and matured on yeast lees to enhance palate texture and layers of complexity. Yum!
There’s an abundance of intense red and dark fruits with a long finish that is beautifully wrapped up in spicy oak and earthy flavours. Fine silky tannin adds another layer of complexity giving this wine youthful charm and mouthfeel.
Pinot Noir of this calibre would easily sell for over $40 a bottle, and it’s an absolute bargain to Angel’s for under $18. Don’t miss your chance to try some of Paul’s magic!