- Cynthia and David have hand crafted the very first Naked Tassie Shiraz! Sourced from established 19 year old vines on the banks of the Tamar River and picked at perfect ripeness. Two separate parcels made separately and blended prior to bottling to ensure a cool-climate Syrah style that’ll knock your socks off!
- Possessing the perfect ripe aromas, showing blue fruits some spicy tones and hints of white pepper that give away its cool climate origins. The palate is vibrant and silky soft while still driving a lovely acid freshness on the back palate. So full of flavour!
- If you like medium bodied perfumed reds then what better reason do you need to try Cynthia and David’s latest genius creation?! This Tasmanian Syrah would easily hold its own at $40 in all those other stores!
- Jen's Tempranillo Shiraz has a vibrant purpley red colour with dark cherry and red berries exploding from the glass followed by spicy overtones. It is rich and robust, punchy and powerful, vibrant and very, very good!!!
- This is THE perfect food wine, perfect to match with anything and everything savoury. If you like juicy reds, with rich and rounded mid-palate fruit and savoury mouth-puckering tannins, then the Rebel Tempranillo Shiraz should be at the top of your list.
- This wine offers incredible intensity, complexity and depth – a testimony to the passion and dedication of my growers, and the attention to detail given to the wines in the winery.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Pinot Noir is one of the most difficult grapes to grow well. Its fine skins and a delicate structure make it a fickle beast. Luckily for you, Randal knows a thing or two about perfecting Pinot, thanks to his 'ripper' technique that boosts the soil quality.
- Grown on his family's Adelaide Hills vineyard, this drop has the scent of cherry, red berry and a touch of something earthy. A hint of spicey flavours do wonders for the complexity of the wine, making it more than food friendly.
- It's juicy, smooth and easy-drinking. The amazing length of flavour indicates the the sheer quality of the fruit that Randal has cultivated so lovingly. Enjoy!
2020 is the debut vintage of Paige’s exclusive Naked wines, made with top class Murray Darling fruit. Expect a gold standard in inexpensive, easy-drinking wines to enjoy ‘just because’...
Crack open this elegant Shiraz to release the scent of cherries, blueberries and mulberries with spicy notes like black pepper and lightly roasted coffee beans. Then relish the rich fruit flavours with a tiny hit of liquorice among the fine tannins as you sip. 6 months in French and American oak has left its subtle mark on this vegan-friendly red.
- Angel-backing gives Paige the support and freedom to create her modern, exciting wines, and an eager community of Aussie wine lovers to enjoy them. Thank you Angels!
The fruit for this delightful Shiraz was hand-picked from a vineyard overlooking the majestic Lake George. The soils there are free-draining and rich in minerals, concentrating the wine and bringing it rich fruit aromas.
The wine is made with great love and attention every step of the way. The grapes are fermented in small picking bins and plunged 3 times a day by Malcolm and Carla. It’s finally matured in French oak for 10 months.
The Canberra Shiraz has a finesse and delicacy with classic pepper notes that are typical of the Canberra region. It’s complex, long and, even at early stages, balanced. Quite stunning.
Paul Nelson’s Nodus Tollens Pinot Noir is sourced from two of the oldest vines in the Great Southern region of Denmark WA. Finished in a combination new and older oak and matured on yeast lees to enhance palate texture and layers of complexity. Yum!
There’s an abundance of intense red and dark fruits with a long finish that is beautifully wrapped up in spicy oak and earthy flavours. Fine silky tannin adds another layer of complexity giving this wine youthful charm and mouthfeel.
Pinot Noir of this calibre would easily sell for over $40 a bottle, and it’s an absolute bargain to Angel’s for under $17. Don’t miss your chance to try some of Paul’s magic!
Drew Tuckwell’s cool-climate single-vineyard Orange region Syrah is not your average Shiraz. Sourced from a single mature vineyard, the grapes are grown at 630m above sea level allowing optimum ripening for the variety in this region.
This Syrah shows intense aromatic, lifted floral and red berry characters all with a hint of spice. Maturation in a giant 3,000 litre French oak Foudre barrel has created an incredibly fresh, intense, complex and delicious Shiraz. The intensity and textural quality makes it extremely individual and provides a different expression to the classic Australian Shiraz style.
This incredible small batch Orange Syrah was made in tiny amounts. Don’t miss out on your chance to snaffle a few bottles!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Inspired by generations of Paulazzo family winemaking, Rob's much loved Heritage Bin range returns for another vintage! Keeping with tradition, each wine in the Heritage range is coded with the letter and number combination that marks the best soil locations on the vineyard. With premium grapes from Tumbarumba in one hand and support from Angels in the other, Rob was able to craft this scrumptious Pinot Noir for the fifth time. It's a true work of art!
You'll soon be bowled over by the flavours in this bright red drop! Every sip is packed with raspberry and cherry plum, complemented by a bit of cinnamon spice and floral notes. Having hand-harvested the fruit before a delicate nine month ageing process, it's clear that when it comes to this cool-climate Pinot Noir, Rob's extreme attention to detail has paid off.
Devastatingly, Rob was affected by the most recent bushfire season with his grapes deemed unusable for the foreseeable future. If you want to get your hands on a treasure from the Heritage Bin, you'll need to act fast. The last vintage of this silky red wine scored an impressive 92% Buy-It-Again rating, and it won't return until 2021 at best!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Sorry, this wine is available exclusively to the Angels who helped make it happen. To find out more about becoming an Angel, click here.
If you like a young, light red, or a dry Rose, you really should try this unique little gem. It goes fabulously well with food (hello long lazy lunch!) and is lower in alcohol than your typical Aussie reds.
Inside the clear glass bottle lies a young, frisky red with the scent of a red berry tart, dusted with allspice. It’s so unlike other reds — crisp and refreshing, light, juicy and full of fun, with just the merest hint of tannin. Think Pinot Noir but lighter, more zippy.
Not only an exciting new wine, this is a clever example of a grower future-proofing his vineyard and collaborating with a top winemaker to weave cutting edge wine magic. Try it!
Wiley Jack is the vision of two award-winning Hunter Valley wine legends, keen to pool their significant talents and give back to their local community through the gracious grape. Naked Angels not only gave the label their blessing, they named it too!
Coming from vineyards in the Hunter Valley and ACT, this Shiraz shows off the best of both worlds — the earthy spice of humid Hunter and the aromatic lift of cooler climes.
The cracking colour and tannins come from extra time on skins before maturing in old French barrels. Enjoy its generous dark fruit and chocolate aromas, beautifully balanced with oak, as it lingers on your pallet!