- In October 2017, wildfire devastated the winemaking communities of Napa and Sonoma Counties in California.
- Four South Australian winemaking mates wanted to help in whatever way they could. This unique collaboration of Jock Harvey, Hamish Maguire, Randal Tomich and Geoff Thompson helped to create this premium McLaren Vale Shiraz. All proceeds raised will go directly to the Napa and Sonoma County Fire Relief.
- When you crack it open you will be drawn into a world of rich, dark-berry fruit with heaps of luscious juicy flavour - yummm!
- Dive in to a little bit of Naked history! The premier Naked release of this stunning Whitegate Vineyard treat is the result of a long passion filled project by Sam. Get a slice of incredibly priced full bodied perfection in your case today!
- Prepare for wondrous red fruits, sweet spices and violet notes, with a touch of blueberry, chocolate and even a meaty savoury character. The fruit for this was sourced from Sam's elevated and cool family vineyard in the Strathbogie Ranges of Central Victoria, which has an extraordinary history of producing quality Shiraz.
- Sam and his team went big and fun on this project, experimenting with whole bunch fermentation and small Viognier touches to perfect the intense flavours and balanced mouth feel. The cousin Shiraz of Sam's other Top Shelf red masterpieces, there is absolutely no doubt this will be an instant classic among Angels
- This is Naked's very first straight Petit Verdot direct from the Margaret River, with more than a decade of unbroken premium vintage conditions and a place that Stuart happens to know inside out. He's made this Top Shelf wine in tiny quantities. One of the least common red varietals to see as a stand alone wine in Australia, it will not be around long.
- Often used in small blending percentages to soften all the Aussie Shiraz and Cab we know and love, Petit Verdot was traditionally found in Bordeaux blends. Now out and proud standing alone, it has plenty of moreish assets; think rich fruit that sings over the top of hearty structural tannins. Definitely a wine to cellar further or enjoy right now, as it's late release has ensured a silky smooth drink as soon as you crack open this stunner.
- The nose gives an exotic fruit twist with subtle cedary oak bringing the party together. The blue fruits of the nose carry through with an earthy note, as does the engaging spicy twist. The flavours are long and finish with bold structural tannins. Dive in to this completely unique and irresistibly priced red wine.
- Hand grown and picked by Tait Hamilton whose family vineyard is on the prestige soils of Heathcote. Tait is a hardworking and careful grower, and he has a site which is an incredible gift from nature!
- Your glass will be boldly coloured with youthful magenta on the rim. Scrumptious layers of plum, blackberries, chocolate and raisins will sing along with earthy, peppery hints. Tannins are ripe and plush, lending texture to round out each powerful, flavour packed slurp!
- The low pH of Tait's fruit is associated with bright colour and 'stable' wine which can almost make itself with minimal intervention - the challenge is not messing up the natural gift. The wine is full bodied with warmth from ripe fruit and subsequent high alcohol. Time spent in new an one year old oak barrels has given it a moreish, smokey finish. Go on, treat yourself to the tip-top of Naked's shelves!
WE'RE NOT SURE
This Reserve Shiraz from Adam is Top Shelf in every sense of the word and made from intensely flavoured grapes picked from exceptional sites in the Barossa Valley. In the past, Adam has released both Shiraz and Cabernet Reserves from the Clare Valley, but this year the Barossa parcel stood out as being classy, interesting and extremely sophisticated!
Once you twist the cap, aromas of dark berry, brambly, savoury fruits with notes of fennel, pepper, cloves and cinnamon will float around and make your mouth water. Try not to dive right into the glass at this point!
With a palate underpinned by firm, but not overwhelming tannins, and spicy French oak, it's a wine gifted with great length and persistence of flavour. Made in only minuscule quantities, this is certainly a wine to treat yourself or share with someone special.
Wow! A premium Spanish Rioja style red wine - straight from the Clare Valley in South Australia. A superb blend of 35% Tempranillo, 35% Grenache and 30% Graciano grapes. Judy and Glen have some of the oldest Tempranillo and Graciano grown in Australia and the Grenache is off 100 year-old-vines. This wine has history on its side!
All three parts were made separately, received subtle ageing in French oak and then blended. This delectable red is overflowing with juicy fruit berry and plum flavours, and a hint of savoury spice. A wine of this calibre using fruit from these exceptional aged vines would normally sell for over $30 per bottle.
Incredibly food friendly and made for enjoying now or over the next 3-4 years. Great for Summer too! Twenty minutes in the fridge and this will be the perfect mainstay at all your BBQ’s!
- It's back! This is a deep brooding red, just as gorgeous on the nose and palate as it is when you first clasp eyes on its beautiful label. This Diamond is full of the very best quality fruit from two Rutherglen vineyards where very low yields are maintained to ensure the fullest of flavours each and every sip.
- This wine comes with a warning - it is a BIG red! If you love a drop that is bold and not afraid to show off its layers, you simply can't go past the Diamond Durif. The varietal is naturally very high in tannin so picking the grapes at exactly the right time is vital.
- Jen has crafted this vintage beautifully. The wine has a dark and inky purple colour. The nose abounds with black berries and blood plums, dark chocolate and a hint of vanilla. With rich flavours on the fore to mid palate and plenty of tannin giving length and power on the finish, make sure you're sitting down for your first sip....it may just knock you off your feet!
The fruit for Kym’s stunning Malbec was sourced from a single vineyard known for its consistent quality in the idyllic Ferguson Valley, part of the mighty Geographe wine region south of Perth.
Fermented in large open vats to preserve the elegant fruit character, this plush, lush, ripe impenetrably dark malbec will have you licking your lips with lashings of mulberry, plum, violets and a hint of chocolatey overtones.
Incredibly delicious now, but will age beautifully over the next 5 years.
- Montepulciano is widely planted around Abruzzo in central east of Italy and the second most widely planted variety in Italy behind Sangiovese.
The thick skins offer deep purple colour and firm powdery tannins while the palate offers ripe fruit of plums.
The vines in McLaren Vale were shoot thinned and bunch thinned to ensure there was no overlapping fruit but maintain dappled light. This vineyard where the wine was grown also participates in Sustainable Wine Growing Australia.
The 2016 Durif vintage was excellent with cool, mild weather allowing perfect, even, ripening in the Riverina.
You’ll be in awe of the impenetrably deep red colour with purple hues and then the intense aromas of black cherry and violets backed up by full-bodied flavours of rich plum and dark chocolate will make you an immediate fan!
Rob’s first release of Durif is sure to send you into a spin. Great weather, excellent fruit and precision craftsmanship combine brilliantly to create this show-stopper.