- Kym's beloved Riesling is back! hitting all the right notes with Angels last year. Zesty lime, granny smith apples, a hint of pineapple and wet stones will all dance around your mouth. A lovely clean line of natural acidity balances with the purity of the fruit and a mouthwateringly textural mid palate. Juicy and crisp, the bottle will disappear quickly if you have guests!
- The Ferguson Valley is a picturesque wine region south of Perth. The vineyard is situated high in the hills and surrounded by a stunning national park. The vines were planted in 1999 and have consistently produced high quality Riesling, a natural gift for Kym to work with.
- Kym has taken every measure possible to ensure the best natural characteristics of the fruit shine through. The harvest was processed chilled to retain flavour, and the final blend consists predominately of free run and a touch of pressings to add texture and smile-inducing flavour with each sip!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The next vintage of Brian's classic SSB blend has tremendous vibrancy and freshness. He has sourced the fruit for this vintage from incredible low yielding vines from the Mid North of the Margaret River, consistently rated as a world class winemaking region.
- Fruit driven and easy drinking, each sip is well balanced - the perfect dry white for warmer weather. The mouth-watering finish lingers on the palate and leaves you crying out for more!
- A glass of this dreamy drop will leave your tastebuds feeling lifted and delicately treated. It's certainly a wine to be enjoyed while young, and why not at this steal of an Angel price!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This latest incarnation of Brian's delightful Semillon Sauvignon Blanc is the result of years of experience blending these two classic varieties. Rumour has it he did something fancy in the fermentation to get layers and layers of flavour in!
- Crack open a bottle of this zesty easy-drinker and take a tropical adventure. There’s a scent of guava fruit in there with lovely grassy and melon flavours. A glass of this will leave your tastebuds awake and reinvigorated.
- Buy it to drink soon, whilst the flavours are young and juicy. It’s a top example of a classic Margaret River SSB at an amazing price. Handy 6-pack available here.
- Rating stupendous year-after-year above 90% buy-again from thousands of Angels, you can look forward to the same incredible quality fruit from Geographe. Plus, a generous portion of Perth Hills fruit adds delicate spice and structure. Each sip delivers ripe, bouncy characteristics that will have you searching for another bottle in no time (to share around of course).
- The palate is balanced and approachable with a slightly spicy edge. It's the perfect dry Shiraz for those wanting something other than a big powerful red. Seductive hints of sweet oak elements ride alongside ripe plum, rounding out a voluptuous and generous mouthfeel. The wine is curvy and soft, yet has a definite structure with silky tannins. The fruit flavours come together like a song, in harmony with oak layers and an enduring finish.
- With 20 years of winemaking knowledge poured into every element of Ben's winemaking process, there is no doubt he has nailed this Shiraz once again. Layers have started to evolve and the hints of both French and American oak will be more prominent. Best to stock up with a few and compare this wine as it develops from year to year, right?
- History tells us that putting the Spanish and the Portuguese in the same room is not a good idea. Luckily for Angels, doing it with these two grape varieties was a winning move! Ben allowed each variety to ferment separately but blended before moving to oak to let the flavours meld harmoniously (and without starting a war). Touriga notoriously is an absolute beast and needs other varieties to calm it down. Luckily, with the WA sun, it gets fully ripe and delivers a really rich fruit flavour. This is coupled with the spicy, chewy, red fruit flavours of the Tempranillo.
- The mouthfeel is soft, with ripe and intense flavours and fantastic structure that will allow the layers to develop over the next few years into something deliciously different. Try holding on to it for that long! Think juicy black berry fruits with hints of liquorice and dark chocolate that will tickle your tastebuds, complimenting the array of berry and oak aromas. While this wine is certainly drinkable in summer, the complexity and layers would go an absolute treat when it's cold outside.
- The Geographe wine region is pretty unique, with a great cooling maritime breeze that comes in from the West. This allows the grapes to achieve full ripeness in the WA sun without ever 'cooking' on the vine to get there. Ben has sourced grapes from vineyards that are owned by good friends. They'd rather provide grapes to him for this wine which highlights the varieties rather than sell at a higher price to some multinational giant where the fruit gets lost in a million litre blend. These grapes aren't being grown by many Geographe winemakers at all, so the pride in their work is evident!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Get ready for summer in a glass! This oh-so refreshing treat from Cathy & Neil is the culmination of two lifetimes of experience in the Aussie wine industry.
You will be bowled over by the luscious complexity of flavours in this maritime-climate SBS. An avalanche of lemongrass, white peach, gooseberry and sweeter citrus will all tickle your taste buds, with a textural twist to boot.
With so much flavour packed in, you'll be reaching for a top-up in no time. At such a friendly Angel-only price, why not pop a few in your basket? Hold on for the ride with Boots & All!