Drew Tuckwell’s cool-climate single-vineyard Orange region Syrah is not your average Shiraz. Sourced from a single mature vineyard, the grapes are grown at 630m above sea level allowing optimum ripening for the variety in this region.
This Syrah shows intense aromatic, lifted floral and red berry characters all with a hint of spice. Maturation in a giant 3,000 litre French oak Foudre barrel has created an incredibly fresh, intense, complex and delicious Shiraz. The intensity and textural quality makes it extremely individual and provides a different expression to the classic Australian Shiraz style.
This incredible small batch Orange Syrah was made in tiny amounts. Don’t miss out on your chance to snaffle a few bottles!
You’re going to love Drew’s pristine fruit-driven Chardonnay from the beautiful cool-climate region of Orange in the Central Ranges, NSW. This single-vineyard masterpiece is crafted from fruit grown on 20 year old vines - it’s sure to hit the spot!
Fermentation and maturation in a massive 3,000 litre French oak Foudre barrel gives it superb complexity (the average size barrel is around 300L). The subtle combining of fruit characters with maturation in this large format barrel has created a wine with a sensational difference - freshness, intensity, complex fruit profiles and a textural tension that is often difficult to capture! Yum!
You’ll be enchanted by the aromas of dark citrus and lemon, savoury notes and a touch of lit matchstick. This incredible Chardonnay was made in tiny amounts so don't miss out on your chance to snaffle a few bottles.
- Sourced from the only Marsanne vineyard in the entire Orange region of NSW. And, it’s organic, too! Oh and did we mention it got a silver medal at the NSW Wine awards this year.
- Picked in the cool of the morning then partially fermented in new Hungarian and old French oak barrels and steel tanks. Both portions left on yeast lees for two months then blended together.
- Gorgeous aromas of pears, with yeast lees nuances and a slight oak hint. A fresh structured palate of stone fruits, pears and lemon with texture added by the oak and lees contact. Exremely limited in production and absolutely exclusive.
- This is the fifth vintage of an instant classic from Ash! Get ready for aromas of pears, green apples and wild flowers with a gorgeous textural palate of fresh citrus fruits. The mouth feel has a hint of creaminess to beautifully balance each sip.
- Sourced from the cool climate wine region of Orange, this little piece of art is dosed up with lots of love from the passionate Mr Horner and his talented team. Pop the cork & enjoy the ride from start to finish!
- It's rare to find a certified organic wine of this quality at a price this low. Once again, Angels have made a little miracle possible & Ash has returned the favour with a sparkly gem. Made in small quantities, get it in your basket today!
Steve’s latest exclusive creation for the Angels, this multi-layered, full-flavoured cabernet sauvignon shows why Orange is one of the premier cool-climate winegrowing regions in Australia.
- You will be drawn in by its rich, red, velvety appearance, alluring aromas of dark berry fruits, blackberries, and a luxurious loooong finish. This is a powerful wine!
- The wine exhibits intense flavours and a complexity courtesy of lower yielding vines set on ancient soils, extremely cool nights and carefully nurtured TLC!
- Steve's Merlot is not the kind to be labelled with the old sweet, fruity stereotype - it is brimming with structure and complexity. It is a stunning hand-crafted example of what Orange is quickly becoming famous for!
- You'll be reaching for a re-fill in no time, with classic qualities of plum, cherry, tobacco and herbal notes. Bucket loads of TLC has ensured extra depth, super soft tannins, a balanced mouth feel and a mouth-watering a savory finish. All this for under $17 will leave your hip pocket happy too!
- The batch was tiny (read: it won't last!) and was all matured in French barrique and puncheon barrels. Understandably, Steve wanted only the best treatment for such premium fruit from an absolute cracking vintage. Each mouthful will demonstrate why everyone went nuts last time over this new world cool-climate reds!
- Get ready for a Merlot from the young master Mobbs! This delightful parcel of red joy delivers in spades - classic flavours of plum, black cherries and a touch of oak influence will have you doing a happy dance especially for under $13 for Angels!
- The 2018 vintage was particularly outstanding for Merlot in the Central Ranges - warm ripening days and enough cool nights to ensure a scrumptious flavour structure was formed.
- This is definitely a red suited to the warmer months - plenty of fruit on the palate to keep you licking your lips, and with a softly finishing, light-medium mouth feel which ensures easy-drinking every time. Steve is on to a winner for Angels, so don't miss this little wonder, only made in small quantities!
The cool nights in Orange pulls the fruit back from getting too ripe and has allowed Debbie to create a super elegant Shiraz with delicious flavours.
Overflowing with dark berry fruits, cherry, blackberry, and a little hint of blueberry & plum are jumping out of the glass! Beautiful mid-palate fruit weight and a gorgeous fruity fleshiness all followed up by a touch of dark chocolate, coffee and a spiciness coming through from the oak. Seriously, the flavours of this Shiraz just go on and on!
The cooler growing conditions allow the fruit to exhibit more complex characters with much softer tannins compared to wines from other regions. And, because it's from a less famous winemaking region it doesn't carry the higher price tag of other wines.
Inspired by his time working in Italy this wine is testimony to Drew’s love of the wine styles of that country and also to the passion of a local Central Ranges grower who has planted his entire vineyard with Italian varietals.
A unique Australian dry Rose combining Sangiovese, Sagrantino and Montepulciano all with a typical Italian savoury twist. Pale, dry, with a nod to the rosato style that Italians enjoy. So not ultra pale, there really is a nice blush of colour. Hints of cherry and berry all with a typical herb/savoury edge keeping it beautifully dry and refreshing.
Serve it chilled (but not too cold!) with antipasto of prosciutto, salami, pickled veggies and a tasty hard cheese like grana padano or pecorino.
- Looking for a white with an avalanche of personality? Then Ash Horner’s stunning organic cool-climate Marsanne is for you!
- From the only Marsanne-growing vineyard in the Orange region of NSW this gorgeous white delivers beautiful aromas of rockmelon and hints of honey while the palate has an abundance of stone fruit, marmalade and pear characters. And, a subtle creaminess to round out the finish! Flavour on another level!
- This is incredible Angel-bang-for-buck. A certified organic NSW single-vineyard drop under $12! Once the cat is out of the bag... it won’t be around for long.