The cool nights in Orange pulls the fruit back from getting too ripe and has allowed Debbie to create a super elegant Shiraz with delicious flavours.
Overflowing with dark berry fruits, cherry, blackberry, and a little hint of blueberry & plum are jumping out of the glass! Beautiful mid-palate fruit weight and a gorgeous fruity fleshiness all followed up by a touch of dark chocolate, coffee and a spiciness coming through from the oak. Seriously, the flavours of this Shiraz just go on and on!
The cooler growing conditions allow the fruit to exhibit more complex characters with much softer tannins compared to wines from other regions. And, because it's from a less famous winemaking region it doesn't carry the higher price tag of other wines.
Inspired by his time working in Italy this wine is testimony to Drew’s love of the wine styles of that country and also to the passion of a local Central Ranges grower who has planted his entire vineyard with Italian varietals.
A unique Australian dry Rose combining Sangiovese, Sagrantino and Montepulciano all with a typical Italian savoury twist. Pale, dry, with a nod to the rosato style that Italians enjoy. So not ultra pale, there really is a nice blush of colour. Hints of cherry and berry all with a typical herb/savoury edge keeping it beautifully dry and refreshing.
Serve it chilled (but not too cold!) with antipasto of prosciutto, salami, pickled veggies and a tasty hard cheese like grana padano or pecorino.
- Looking for a white with an avalanche of personality? Then Ash Horner’s stunning organic cool-climate Marsanne is for you!
- From the only Marsanne-growing vineyard in the Orange region of NSW this gorgeous white delivers beautiful aromas of rockmelon and hints of honey while the palate has an abundance of stone fruit, marmalade and pear characters. And, a subtle creaminess to round out the finish! Flavour on another level!
- This is incredible Angel-bang-for-buck. A certified organic NSW single-vineyard drop under $12! Once the cat is out of the bag... it won’t be around for long.
- Punching well above its price point, this incredible Rosé is exclusively for the Angels who have backed Ash on his organic wine making journey. Savoury in style, there are plenty of berry layers on the palate. Aromatics of strawberries and musk lift from the glass with raspberry and cherry complimenting a dry, crisp finish.
- You won't want to put your glass down once it's full of this gorgeous organic, single vineyard drop from the cool climate region of Orange in NSW. Picked early to keep flavour in perfect balance and bottled early to lock in freshness - what could be better?!
- This is the first instalment of Rosé from the well loved Little Jack range and the wine speaks for itself - Ash has delivered his hallmark quality in spades! A highly versatile food wine, you'll need no excuse to crack this bottle of deliciousness open.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Little Jack is back! Ash has spent another vintage bringing together the finest organically grown grapes from around NSW, and crafted this fresh and fruity Sauvignon Blanc just for Angels.
- Aromas of passionfruit, rockmelon and peach hypnotise the nose while sweet honeydew and passionfruit back up on the mouth watering palate. A lingering citrus finish will have your lips smacking!
- Angels can access this certified organic wine at a price point similar or lower than conventionally made Sauvignon Blanc - unbelievable! A seriously fast seller each year, Angels have given it a thumbs up so it's sure to fly again! Oh and did we mention previous vintages have rated 93% or above, year on year, by Angels like you.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Using some of the best parcels from the Central Ranges & Orange regions, Debbie Lauritz has created a stunning cool-climate Pinot Gris. The fruit was picked at two different times to give diversity and complexity to the wine. The first pick was a little earlier to retain crispness & freshness and the second pick commenced when the fruit was a little riper to get fuller flavours and more palate weight.
This cool-climate Pinot Gris is fresh, vibrant and has the perfect balance of crispness, palate weight & texture. The crispness comes from the earlier pick, retaining nice natural acidity, green pear & apple notes. The textural element comes from the barrel ferment and the riper fruits spectrum resulting from the later pick.
To get a cool-climate Pinot Gris of this quality for under $13 is an absolute steal! When your fellow Angel’s hear about Debbie puttin’ on the ritz… it won’t be around for long!
Drink now or cellar for up to 3 years. It's fresh and crisp, perfect to be poured right from the bottle. Pairs wonderfully with spicy foods, especially Thai and fusion dishes that have subtle sweet flavours.
The fruit for this Grenache Shiraz Mourvedre blend was sourced from a lower elevation of the vineyard in a slightly warmer site to ensure that we get the full fruit ripeness needed for this style.
The fruit used to create this delicious blend was grown on ancient Terra Rossa soils which gives up bright, red fruit flavours in the wine. This is lusciously smooth and pairs with any number of dishes.
The Grenache is all up front and ripe juicy red berry fruits and spice; the Shiraz gives a fleshiness and the darker, blackberry hints and plums; and the Mourvedre holds everything together with a delicious chewy tannin structure and a beautiful flavour weight to the finish of the wine.
You’re going to love Drew’s pristine fruit-driven chardonnay from the beautiful cool-climate region of Orange in the Central Ranges, NSW. This single-vineyard masterpiece is crafted from fruit grown on 20 year old vines - it’s sure to hit the spot!
Fermentation and maturation in a massive 3,000 litre French oak Foudre barrel gives it superb complexity - the average size barrel is around 300L. The subtle combining of fruit characters with maturation in this large format barrel has created a wine with a sensational difference - freshness, intensity, complex fruit profiles and a textural tension that is often difficult to capture! Yum!
You’ll be enchanted by the aromas of fresh green apples, crisp pears and hints of grapefruit. This incredible Orange region chardonnay was made in tiny amounts. Only 320 cases in existence. Don't miss out on your chance to snaffle a few bottles.
Drew Tuckwell’s cool-climate single-vineyard Orange region Syrah is not your average Shiraz. Sourced from a single mature vineyard, the grapes are grown at 620m above sea level allowing optimum ripening for the variety in this region.
This Syrah shows intense aromatic, lifted floral and red berry characters all with a hint of spice. Maturation in a giant 3,000 litre French oak Foudre barrel has created an incredibly fresh, intense, complex and delicious shiraz. The intensity and textural quality makes it extremely individual and provides a different expression to the classic Australian shiraz style.
This incredible small batch Orange Syrah was made in tiny amounts. Only 310 cases in existence. Don’t miss out on your chance to snaffle a few bottles.
- This Rosé was harvested from Shiraz grapes off the Little Boomey Vineyard in Orange. The 2018 growing season started with a cool and mild Spring, followed by good rainfall in January to boost the grapes along. A cracker of a start to the vintage, this was an undeniably wonderful foundation for Steve to build his Rosé dream on!
- Steve is thrilled with the end result - a dreamy cool climate Rosé especially for Angels! It's bursting with lifted fresh strawberries and raspberries all over a crisp and balanced palate.
- Steve used minimal intervention to fine his wine, so you can be sure a bottle of this brilliance will deliver the most pure and refreshing Rosé experience you've had all summer! NSW wines are on the rise and rise, especially those from the high altitude of Orange - lock in your supply today!