STOP THE SQUEEZE
Rescue Randal's reds to help rebuild his vineyard
- The Culley Road vineyard lies at the southern end of McLaren Vale on a high and windy site - the perfect spot for keeping growing grapes cool and happy!
- A mere 5 hours on its dark skins have given this fresh, crisp, Provence style Rose an elegant light pink blush. Watch out for that heady scent of ripe watermelon, strawberry and white peach to draw you into a creamy berry fruit drop with a hint of spice.
- It's a brand new wine from a popular winemaking team that tap into their wealth of winemaking experience in both New Zealand and Australia. You know it’s going to be good!
Home to Mark and Emma Kenneally, Culley Road basks in the Mediterranean climate of McLaren Vale. The vineyard is in conversion to certified organic status and managed with the love and attention that the A&K team is known for.
This sensational Grenache, Shiraz and Mourvèdre blend has been maturing in French oak for 15 months. It's bursting with fleshy dark berry flavours and a touch of pepper in the background.
A small batch of carefully selected GSM with this pedigree is hard to find – it won’t stay on our shelves for long!
James-Paul Marin’s Reserve McLaren Vale Shiraz comes from iconic 74-year-old McLaren Vale vines. The prized fruit is so good it’s fought over by the districts winemakers each year!
No expense has been spared nor any short cut taken in making this wine. James held back the very best Shiraz and aged it for a further 12 months to create this Reserve label release.
This top shelf wonder is in the super league. A bold and generous Shiraz that will set tongues wagging at any dinner party and an absolute bargain for Angels!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Last year, A&K produced their first Grenache and it was an instant sensation with Angels! The 2020 vintage marks the return of a decadent favourite, hailing from Mark and Emma Kenneally’s organically managed vineyard in McLaren Vale where rare bush vines deliver evenly ripened fruit.
The crushed grapes (including a few whole bunches for added oomph) were open fermented and hand-plunged every day, requiring a dedication to winemaking that’s evident in every sip. Meanwhile, half tank, half old oak maturation kept the flavours fresh and bright.
This juicy drop will tickle your senses with red cherry, blueberry and plum flavours made to make your mouth water!
- Adam sourced these grapes from Seaview and Clarendon vineyards in the renowned McLaren Vale. The end result in a sumptuous looking wine - deep purple, almost black in colour. You'll be blown away with aromas of black currants and white pepper, with hints of dark chocolate and nutmeg.
- Each sip will be a rich mouthful, with firm tannins that give the wine power as well as an irresistible persistence of flavour. This bottle will take you deep into Adam's world of sky-high Angel rated range of reds and out the other side happier for the delicious experience.
- The last vintage scored a mind blowing 97% buy-again rating from Angels - who could argue with that?! Get in quick before this McLaren beauty is all snapped up once again.
- Sourcing pristine fruit from three iconic McLaren Vale sub-regions, JP fermented and matured each separately and blended at the last minute to create an outstanding and balanced wine.
- This dark crimson-purple gem treads a fine line between being elegant and bold. It shows off the rich, dark fruits that McLaren Vale is so famous for. In short, an enormously intriguing Shiraz, showing the depth of the local ‘terroir’.
- With only 250 dozen made due to the drought, get in quick before they're all gone!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Sorry, this wine is available exclusively to the Angels who helped make it happen. To find out more about becoming an Angel, click here.
- This ex-Wirra Wirra chief winemaker has a big network of top grape growers, so he gets the best fruit for this premium wine! He's blended the grape 'parcels' together after the winemaking process to create the perfect McLaren Shiraz.
- Abundance is a juicy, flavoursome Shiraz and a true reflection of the Vale. It’s bursting with red fruit flavours and dark chocolate hints that love to hang around each mouthful.
- The 2018 vintage is exceptional - Ben thinks it’s one of the best in the last 20 years and he should know! Quality McLaren Vale Shiraz like this offers you so much bang for your buck.
- Another gem from marvellous McLaren. This fleshy Shiraz has been carefully crafted and peacefully matured for 6 months in French oak. Try it with roast lamb or aged cheddar!
- Full-bodied and powerful, it'll immerse your tastebuds in plums and cherries, carried along with a classic shake of black pepper, liquorice and lightly roast coffee beans. It will age very well, getting more elegant over time.
- Angel-backing gives Paige the support and freedom to create her modern, exciting wines, and an eager community of Aussie wine lovers to enjoy them. Thank you!