- Marsanne is one of the lesser known white varieties of the world, with its home being the Northern Rhone area of France. It has been likened to Chardonnay without the ego, and can age superbly. The vineyard that Stu sourced these grapes from is probably the only planting in Margaret River - extremely rare!.
- Aromas of pear, butter, spice and nuts will jump from the glass! This Marsanne has a lovely textural palate, while retaining a delicious freshness and lightness.
- Made in super-tiny amounts. Angels looking for something ever so slightly - but exotically - different will snaffle this before it disappears.
- This is Naked's very first straight Petit Verdot direct from the Margaret River, with more than a decade of unbroken premium vintage conditions and a place that Stuart happens to know inside out. He's made this Top Shelf wine in tiny quantities. One of the least common red varietals to see as a stand alone wine in Australia, it will not be around long.
- Often used in small blending percentages to soften all the Aussie Shiraz and Cab we know and love, Petit Verdot was traditionally found in Bordeaux blends. Now out and proud standing alone, it has plenty of moreish assets; think rich fruit that sings over the top of hearty structural tannins. Definitely a wine to cellar further or enjoy right now, as it's late release has ensured a silky smooth drink as soon as you crack open this stunner.
- The nose gives an exotic fruit twist with subtle cedary oak bringing the party together. The blue fruits of the nose carry through with an earthy note, as does the engaging spicy twist. The flavours are long and finish with bold structural tannins. Dive in to this completely unique and irresistibly priced red wine.
- Affectionately dubbed Pipsqueak Fizz, this wine is a tribute to Kym’s sister Pip. Created from beautifully tended 15-year-old Chenin Blanc vines near Margaret River's sandy coastline, it’s the perfect celebration bubbles!
- The first ‘cold’ ferment used sparkling yeast for a clean, citrusy finish. The wine was then bottle-fermented for 12 months in the traditional methode champenoise. Minimal residual sugar makes this a ‘brut’ (dry) style and perfectly balanced.
- This sparkling beauty is floral on the nose and bursting with the finest of bubbles. Discover crisp apple and citrus flavours with hints of almond and biscuit shining through. Best served super-chilled.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Rory's Naked classic returns, thanks to Angel backing! He has selected fruit from vineyards located in the warmer, drier Northern Margaret River which consistently produce ripe, flavoursome, high quality fruit, an essential starting point...
- You'll notice a mysterious, dark inky core with a lighter purple hue, before enjoying lifted aromas of blackcurrants. The Malbec component contributes classic layers of dark plums and violets. All this is tied together with earthy cedar and tobacco nuances thanks to maturation in French oak.
- Thanks to the freedom that is inherent with the streamlined Naked model, Rory was able to achieve exactly the structure, tannin and flavour balance he was after. Adding Malbec to this predominantly Cabernet Sauvignon wine means you're in for a treat with more complexity in the mid-palate..think mulberries and rich texture. Look no further if you're after a big, robust wine with generous chalky tannins. Don't forget the red meat to pair and let this baby reach it's full potential!
Anyone looking for a wine with body and flavour is on to a winner here! Shiraz as a variety is particularly sensitive to climate in terms of the style it will produce, and it's because of this that Brian likes to grow his red fruit in the northern end of Margaret River. Your cellar will benefit immensely with a few of these pocket-friendly premium wines in stock before the rest of the world catches on to how outstanding Margaret River Shiraz really is!
Shiraz can range from spicy and lifted (for example from Gippsland) to rich and dark (McLaren Vale). Brian's Reserve Shiraz sits right in the middle of this spectrum, with nice spicy fruit, yet with a beautiful medium bodied feel to it all.
Your glass will fill with a deep red and purple in colour, delivering tantalising dark berries with each sip, expressing both oak and fruit beautifully. Some whole bunches were added along the way for their woody stems, giving the wine a textured lift. Enjoy!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This is a Chardonnay in line with modern tastes - bright, enough oak to add layers yet elegant with an approachable structure. A Top Shelf treasure that scored a massive 90% buy-again rating from hundreds of Angels last vintage!
- It is made with love and detail by Brian himself, from premium parcels of Margaret River Chardonnay grapes that were specifically selected based on their location, rather than just selecting an overall sub-plot in a vineyard.
- Aromas of stone fruits will lead you to a palate that is as long as it is silky. Need we say it again - world class region right here! Considering Margaret River Chardonnay usually goes for $35+ per bottle, get in quick on this exclusive Angels!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The return of this Angel favourite shows off just what Rory can do with your backing! Ruby red in colour, it is oozing with juicy berries - certainly a wine that will have red lovers everywhere licking their lips and asking for more.
- The aromas include lifted cherries, plum and mint with gorgeous twists of spice, vanilla and toasty oak.
- The footwork of the wine is mind-blowing; as the palate brings you an abundance of sweet fruit characters, layers of mocha and spices from the oak along with smooth tannins and a generous length to end it all. Too good!
- Ri-who-so? Yes, you may not have heard of such a creature before. Ben's 2018 vintage of this classic Italian technique blends the old favourites Cabernet, Merlot and Shiraz. Think of a luscious, easy drinking and rich drop, with a rustic tannin-based mouth feel to boot.
- Ripasso refers to a winemaking method. Ben fermented scrumptious Margaret River juice with air dried Cabernet grape skins. Those grapes were ripened to sultanas for another wine, but with so much flavour left in their skins, they were perfect to add a kick to the Ripasso blend - they were 're-passed'.
- Ben's maverick reputation is widespread in the Margaret River. His inventive and experimental skills deserve to reach a wide audience. Angels are able to snap up this boundary pushing Aussie take on an Italian winemaking tradition for under $16 - a win for Ben and a win for you!
- If you could put a price tag on fun, Stuart's latest HB Syrah (Shiraz) would be worth a million bucks! Designed to be drunk today, it is brimming with sheer drinkability and summer berries.
- Stuart's love of every step in the winemaking process shines through the beautifully balanced palate of berry and blackcurrant layers. The finish will leave you licking your lips and looking for another bottle, so why not double up in your basket! One for now and one for...any time really.
- This wine shows just what big dreams Naked winemakers can achieve & the far reaching effects of passion, hard work and daring to do things a little different. Stuart loves sharing his Naked story, and thanks Angels for enabling him to get back to doing what he does best - crafting delicious wine the way he wants!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The stars aligned for this superb wine... great weather and all winemaking went to plan! The result... an incredible red to suit any occasion!
- Direct from the Margaret River; this wine has rich and juicy fruit which is fine and well balanced.
- A wine that is a cut above the rest, it's benchmarks are the ultra competitive Cabernet Merlot wines that come through the important players in Margaret River.