- Ri-who-so? Yes, you may not have heard of such a creature before. Ben's 2018 vintage of this classic Italian technique blends the old favourites Cabernet, Merlot and Shiraz. Think of a luscious, easy drinking and rich drop, with a rustic tannin-based mouth feel to boot.
- Ripasso refers to a winemaking method. Ben fermented scrumptious Margaret River juice with air dried Cabernet grape skins. Those grapes were ripened to sultanas for another wine, but with so much flavour left in their skins, they were perfect to add a kick to the Ripasso blend - they were 're-passed'.
- Ben's maverick reputation is widespread in the Margaret River. His inventive and experimental skills deserve to reach a wide audience. Angels are able to snap up this boundary pushing Aussie take on an Italian winemaking tradition for under $16 - a win for Ben and a win for you!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Ahhhh the Margaret River...that wonderful place where every wine is premium. Brian brings Angels another cracking Rosé sure to set off any occasion in style. Brian has crafted this treasure from quality low yielding fruit in northern Margaret River - not quite dry land, but gravelly and fabulous for growing red varietals!
- Your glass will be filled with an almost luminous coral colour. The nose is savoury and spicy, thanks to the sweet Shiraz and spicy Tempranillo kick. The palate is dry, medium bodied with great intensity and length of flavour.
- When it comes to Rosé, Brian thinks there is no better time than now to enjoy, when its just been bottled and is super fresh! Seriously pink and seriously popular with Angels each vintage, get in quick while it's here.
- Affectionately dubbed Pipsqueak Fizz, this wine is a tribute to Kym’s sister Pip. Created from beautifully tended 15-year-old Chenin Blanc vines near Margaret River's sandy coastline, it’s the perfect celebration bubbles!
- The first ‘cold’ ferment used sparkling yeast for a clean, citrusy finish. The wine was then bottle-fermented for 12 months in the traditional methode champenoise. Minimal residual sugar makes this a ‘brut’ (dry) style and perfectly balanced.
- This sparkling beauty is floral on the nose and bursting with the finest of bubbles. Discover crisp apple and citrus flavours with hints of almond and biscuit shining through. Best served super-chilled.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Having been involved in every step of the Margaret River's rise to world wide fame, Stuart knows the region inside out. He has blended this Top Shelf beauty with care and skill, leaving it to mature in French oak barriques for 24 months.
- Using specially selected fruit parcels, the wine captures ripe fruit flavours yet retains the distinctive perfume of Margaret River Cabernet Sauvignon, and the lush generosity of Merlot.
- The nose is rich and complex with a fresh hit of lifted red and blue berries, intermingled with subtle cedar notes from the oak. Tastes of mulberries, plums and blackberries are wrapped in soft tannins. This is a serious wine at a price around half that of it's comparable Stella Bella and Vasse Felix colleagues!
Nigel has poured his heart and soul into crafting this next Margaret River masterpiece for Angels. A tiny small batch creation of Malbec blended from unique, small parcels has resulted in a complex, incomparable and extremely moreish Malbec!
Each individual batch was hand plunged and partial barrel fermented and is a very rare example of a straight Margaret River Malbec. This is a big wine but the fruit is so huge and juicy you don't really notice!
It is a dry style red with great fruit sweetness. You’ll experience hints of blackberries, cherries, violets spice and fine french oak. Once you try it you’ll know what extraordinary value this wine is - it’ll be gone in the blink of an eye. Perfect with a huge argentinian style steak or a vegetarian lasagna with plenty of cheese, crunchy pasta and well reduced tomato sauce.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Made with fruit grown smack bang in the middle of the world renowned Margaret River, each sip of this voluptuous wine will deliver a vibrant and spicy kick thanks to a master blend of two quality varietals.
Shiraz and Grenache are perfect partners in crime. Together, they pack a punch with some seriously enticing flavours; think plums, cherries, sage, spice and gentle herbal notes.
This sweet yet earthy red delivers a beautiful balance of flavours and has an overall bang for your buck to boot! With sky high ratings every vintage it’s set to fly off our shelves… for the sixth time!
- Once again Stuart brings us an out-of-this-world Top Shelf beauty, poised to blow the socks off any Chardonnay or Margaret River enthusiast. Truly a labour of love, there was no crushing in the creation of this juicy treat. All grapes were whole fruit pressed to lock in maximum aromatics and complexity.
- Matured in a combination of new and older Burgundian oak barriques for 12 months, and then held back in tank for longer to allow the flavours to meld, and the wine to gain poise. Scents of lemon curd, peach skin, pink grapefruit, and citrus oils leap will from your glass. Notes of hazelnut and vanilla follow to really get you salivating!
- The palate packs texture and weight of flavour beyond expectation. This is off-set by a mineral acidity that makes the finish fresh without dulling the persistence of flavour. Stuart has created a wine of nuance that manages to walk the tightrope of generosity and a clean finish. Above all, it is classic Margaret River Chardonnay that will drink well, as soon as you open the bottle! Stuart's tip? You simply won't be able to buy a Chardonnay with this level of complexity or style, at this price, from anywhere else.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Rated through the roof by Angels once again, Rory's magnificent Margaret River blend is back! This red embodies the reputation of its region and will deliver every time for lovers of juicy and flavoursome wine. Perfect to warm your soul this winter.
- Your glass will be as good looking as it tastes with deep purple and red hues. While the aromas of cherry, dry herbs and dark chocolate linger, the mixed berry and spice flavours will tickle your taste buds.
- Weighing in at under $12 a bottle for Angels, this is sure to pack a mid-week punch and liven up any family meal that includes grilled lamb or beef. Perfect to stock up those empty cellar spaces!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Prepare for a bouquet of summer fun! At under $15, you'd be mad to miss this delicious opportunity...Fermented in both stainless steel and a concrete egg, Ben has locked in outstanding aromatics and flavours to help Angels bring in the hot weather with something really special. Not to mention it is from their Organic and Biodynamic vineyard!
- This is a clean, tropical and grassy wine. 100% smooth and backed by textural delights, each sip will have a crisp finish and keep you pouring another...
- Loved by thousands of Angels year on year, They can't be wrong! Go on, get this stunner in your summer basket before it's all drunk up.
- Marsanne is one of the lesser known white varieties of the world, with its home being the Northern Rhone area of France. It has been likened to Chardonnay without the ego, and can age superbly. The vineyard that Stu sourced these grapes from is probably the only planting in Margaret River - extremely rare!.
- Aromas of pear, butter, spice and nuts will jump from the glass! This Marsanne has a lovely textural palate, while retaining a delicious freshness and lightness.
- Made in super-tiny amounts. Angels looking for something ever so slightly - but exotically - different will snaffle this before it disappears.