Glenn’s love affair with the wine boroughs of South Australia really shines through in this stunning red. He has a knack for picking out the perfect fruit, and here he found premium grapes from a single Clare Valley vineyard to work his magic with.
This is a lighter style Shiraz with lovely red fruit flavours. Each sip of this will reward you with bright purple fruit and raspberry characters and a hint of bay leaf and peppercorns, and finish with a pleasing lick of fine tannins.
Not only is Glenn a talented winemaker, he’s also a highly-regarded wine show judge - and he’s making this wine exclusively for you. Now that deserves a medal!
Home to Mark and Emma Kenneally, Culley Road basks in the Mediterranean climate of McLaren Vale. Their A grade vineyard that used to supply Penfolds is now in conversion to certified organic status and managed with the love and attention that the A&K team is known for.
This is a big and intense red wine - think cherries and blackcurrants with a dusting of pepper-powered mocha. It's all about that magnificent fruit!
Hailing from a vineyard that previously supplied fruit for $150 bottles of wine, this Shiraz is an Angel bargain! Tuck a few away for a rainy day – they’ll evolve beautifully in the cellar for the next 10 years.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Sorry, this wine is available exclusively to the Angels who helped make it happen. To find out more about becoming an Angel, click here.
A scrumptious product of Adam's winemaking wizardry, this wine is sourced from low yielding, dry-grown Shiraz in White Hut and Leasingham, within the Clare Valley. First up, a wonderful fragrant nose of violets, cassis & white pepper to draw you in.
Then, you won't be able to hide your smile as the powerful palate takes the stage, supported by cedar oak to give it mouth watering length and persistence. The bold mouth-feel is thanks to partial fermentation in oak to build further depth and complexity.
The 2018 vintage knocked Angels' socks off, to the tune of a huge 97% buy-again rating. Go on, pop one of South Australia's most warming reds in your basket today!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This is a superb example of a big rich Shiraz from the most prestigious Shiraz region in Victoria — Heathcote. It’s named in honour of the hardworking grower.
- Smelling of divinely dark fruits like blackberries, black pepper and smokey oak, this is a bold, full-bodied wine with buckets of ripe fruit flavours and a hint of sweet spice.
- A great wine like this, from pristine grapes, made by a talented winemaker and matured in exceptional oak from American Shenandoah forests for 14 months has to be tried at least once in your life.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Back by popular demand, a long line of Angel fans will be savouring each juicy red fruit loaded sip of this Hero! Medium to full-bodied, get ready for chocolate hints popping up, leading to a gentle, spicy and savoury finish. This is truly one to jump on if you want to spice up your normal red selection!
- This Hero is a blend of Shiraz from Jen's family Rutherglen vineyards and fruit grown in the ancient, rich, red soils of Heathcote in Central Victoria. Made from naturally low yielding vineyards, the fruit is powerful and rich, with great colour and depth of flavour.
- Jen's Hero range is the next step up from the Rebels, the range where you know you're getting the best value possible for this price point. Maturing 12 months in French and American barrels has given the wine a soft seasoning to finish off each sip perfectly!
- Cheers to a new era for Naked SA Shiraz! This juicy, brooding number has been tried and tested by thousands of Angels over the years, each vintage delivering its own personality.
- Delivering quality from vineyard to your table is the driving passion for Geoff and his team. Transforming their Lodestar label into their re-energised Grounded Cru project has been spurred on by unprecedented opportunities and amazing Angel feedback since starting their Naked journey in 2013.
- If the history, flavour and moreish nature of this wine isn't enough to have you head over heels, the tiny Angel exclusive price will have you looking twice and stocking up. Enjoy every sip of this trusty little red, you've earned it!
- With his extensive winemaking experience, there is no doubt Gary Knows Stuff, like this wine displaying black cherry and white pepper aromas, and delivering the prime qualities of his cool climate region in each sip.
- Savoury and juicy ripe black fruit dance around on the palate, with subtle char and vanilla notes perfectly integrated into smooth, structured tannins. All this leads to a finish with a spicy and peppery edge. In a crowd, this bottle will go in a flash with so many moreish characters!
- Top Great Southern producers like Howard Park, Plantagenet, Alkoomi and Frankland River sell their Shiraz for between $20-25 a bottle, yet Angels only pay $13.99. It's gotta be Naked!
- This Shiraz is a stand out treat for any red lover! The complexity and depth of flavour provides a delicious step up into all that the world-renowned McLaren Vale region has to offer.
- The deep rich colour will attract your eye as you pour each glass, while enjoying the aromas of dark berries, oh-so-subtle oak and a touch of cinnamon spice. All this adds up to a truly elegant drop to savour with friends!
- Geoff ‘Joffa’ Thompson has crafted a gorgeous shiraz that balances fruit with spice and vanillan oak… all in perfect harmony. The fantastic length of flavour will keep you coming back for more. A premium regional wine at under $16 Angel price - it'd be wise to double up on this treat while it’s still around!
The return of this wine to the Naked Shelves is s.p.e.c.i.a.l. It took 10 long hard years in the game for Nigel to be able to bring us this exclusive Blackwood Valley red. It doesn't get much better than a tantalising, rich, pour-me-more Shiraz. Fermented in small batches and plunged by hand, Nigel has delivered a super-plush wine.
Nigel has captured the essence of the Blackwood Valley, located in the stunning South West of Western Australia. Cool nights and warm days consistently produce grapes with incredible intensity. Nigel has been making wine since 1994 and loves everything about it - the passion, the physicality, the science, the art and making a product that is enjoyed by people.
Get ready for hints of spice and all things nice. Cinnamon, black cherry and liquorice all topped off with a hint of American and French Oak. And, this year a touch of white pepper, too! A Top Shelf treasure that is sure to knock the socks off any red lover.