STOP THE SQUEEZE
Rescue Randal's reds to help rebuild his vineyard
- Once again Stuart brings us an out-of-this-world Top Shelf beauty, poised to blow the socks off any Chardonnay or Margaret River enthusiast. Truly a labour of love, there was no crushing in the creation of this juicy treat. All grapes were whole fruit pressed to lock in maximum aromatics and complexity.
- Matured in a combination of new and older Burgundian oak barriques for 12 months, and then held back in tank for longer to allow the flavours to meld, and the wine to gain poise. Scents of lemon curd, peach skin, pink grapefruit, and citrus oils leap will from your glass. Notes of hazelnut and vanilla follow to really get you salivating!
- The palate packs texture and weight of flavour beyond expectation. This is off-set by a mineral acidity that makes the finish fresh without dulling the persistence of flavour. Stuart has created a wine of nuance that manages to walk the tightrope of generosity and a clean finish. Above all, it is classic Margaret River Chardonnay that will drink well, as soon as you open the bottle! Stuart's tip? You simply won't be able to buy a Chardonnay with this level of complexity or style, at this price, from anywhere else.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Sorry, this wine is available exclusively to the Angels who helped make it happen. To find out more about becoming an Angel, click here.
- Paul hunted high and low across Piedmont, Italy, for the perfect Barbera site with the most interesting aspect. He settled on two different vineyards for their expressive and elegant grapes.
- Crushed with a handful of whole bunches for that little bit extra oomph, the wine was pressed off after 10 days and pumped into older barrels for maturation. The result is a succulent and full-bodied red oozing with dark mulberry and plum fruit flavours and hints of spice, licorice and cocoa beans.
- Paul believes that great Barbera Superiore are some of the most enjoyable wines to drink. This is no exception. Small batch (just 190 cases!) and exclusive to Naked, it’s a delight to enjoy and will age well for up to 10 years.