- Berries abound! Jen has created the perfectly rounded red berry palate to please any crowd and kick start those long summer nights. It is soft, fruity, voluptuous and smooth to the very end.
- You'll see the gorgeous purple red colour fill your glass before enjoying fruit driven aromas of red berries, cherries, herbs and a little spice.
- Jen is a Naked superstar! Almost every Angel has experienced her ability to give the winemaking process extra TLC every step of the way. This wine is a great example of Angel support maximising the potential of grapes while keeping the end product at an amazing price, so stock up while it's here!
- Sourced from the family vineyard in Wrattonbully, SA which is known for its Terra Rossa soils and world heritage listed caves, including some beneath this very vineyard!
- This Merlot is made to be an easy drinking, approachable wine; smooth and well rounded. It has rich, ripe plum and cherry flavours combined with subtle oak and velvety smooth tannins.
- Wrattonbully is a relatively young winemaking region but is fast becoming known for premium red wines. The last two vintages of this ball of fun Merlot rated through the roof with thousands of Angels, scoring a 95% buy-again rating. History is bound to repeat itself so don't miss out on this Top Shelf stunner!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The return of this Angel favourite shows off just what Rory can do with your backing! Ruby red in colour, it is oozing with juicy berries - certainly a wine that will have red lovers everywhere licking their lips and asking for more.
- The aromas include lifted cherries, plum and mint with gorgeous twists of spice, vanilla and toasty oak.
- The footwork of the wine is mind-blowing; as the palate brings you an abundance of sweet fruit characters, layers of mocha and spices from the oak along with smooth tannins and a generous length to end it all. Too good!
- Who loves Merlot...you do! Well thousands of you do, since Angel investments have enabled this delicious return of a fresh, fruit driven and ever popular red wine from Thomas! Did we mention over 90% of the masses have rated it a huge thumbs-up to buy again?
- Crafted with serious TLC, the tannin in this wine is balanced with a good spread over the palate and a beautiful lifted nose of cherry ripe characters. Berries on the palate will perfectly accompany your favourite cheese platter or red meat meal.
- With a few years already in the bottle, this Merlot's characters have already started to develop and soften. It's certainly a wine to treat yourself with or to delight that special red-lover in your life any time!
- This bold Merlot is sourced from three of Jen’s favourite vineyards and barrel matured for 12-14 months. It’s a really intense style – Jen calls it Merlot for Shiraz drinkers!
- Catch a whiff of violets, mulberries and plums as you open it up. Then sit back and enjoy the decadent, full flavours and silky tannins that just keep on giving. Powerful yet elegant and generous.
- Jen's Diamond range is her top tier. You'd be hard pressed to find another Merlot for $20 that can compete with the depth and fullness of flavour you'll discover in this bottle!
- Ri-who-so? Yes, you may not have heard of such a creature before. Ben's 2019 vintage of this classic Italian technique blends the old favourites. Think of a luscious, easy drinking and rich drop, with a rustic tannin-based mouth feel to boot. Oh and did we mention this wine has just ben certified organic!
- Ripasso refers to a winemaking method. Ben fermented scrumptious Margaret River juice with air dried Cabernet grape skins. Those grapes were ripened to sultanas for another wine, but with so much flavour left in their skins, they were perfect to add a kick to the Ripasso blend - they were 're-passed'.
- Ben's maverick reputation is widespread in the Margaret River. His inventive and experimental skills deserve to reach a wide audience. Angels are able to snap up this boundary pushing Aussie take on an Italian winemaking tradition for under $17 - a win for Ben and a win for you!
2020 is the debut vintage of Paige’s exclusive Naked wines, made with top class Murray Darling fruit. Expect a gold standard in inexpensive, easy-drinking wines to enjoy ‘just because’...
Crack open this Merlot to release the heady scent of red fruit like blackcurrant, cherry and plum and a hint of vanilla. Then relish the rich blackberry, blackcurrant and plum flavours and savoury tannins as you sip. 6 months in French and American oak has left its subtle mark on this vegan-friendly red.
- Angel-backing gives Paige the support and freedom to create her modern, exciting wines, and an eager community of Aussie wine lovers to enjoy them. Thank you Angels!
- Steve's Merlot is not the kind to be labelled with the old sweet, fruity stereotype - it is brimming with structure and complexity. It is a stunning hand-crafted example of what Orange is quickly becoming famous for!
- You'll be reaching for a re-fill in no time, with classic qualities of plum, cherry, tobacco and herbal notes. Bucket loads of TLC has ensured extra depth, super soft tannins, a balanced mouth feel and a mouth-watering a savory finish. All this for under $17 will leave your hip pocket happy too!
- The batch was tiny (read: it won't last!) and was all matured in French barrique and puncheon barrels. Understandably, Steve wanted only the best treatment for such premium fruit from an absolute cracking vintage. Each mouthful will demonstrate why everyone went nuts last time over this new world cool-climate reds!
Adam openly admits the secret to his wines are carefully selected vineyards, passionate grower partners and care and attention to detail in the winery.
This Merlot sourced from the Watervale sub-region of Clare Valley is a perfect example. Hints of tomato leaf, plum and tobacco flavours jump out of the glass.
Ten months in French oak has added complexity as it evolves beautifully in the bottle. This is a classic midweek pizza wine!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Thanks to some new WA plantings this Merlot has a richer more distinct dark chocolate-like structure and flavour than your run of the mill Merlot.
The difference is in the quality of the fruit. Deep purple in colour and rich,fragrant aromas leap out of the glass. Medium bodied with silky fine tannins and the flavours just go on and on!
Absolutely cracking value and a bit of a rarity to see a merlot of this quality as a stand alone variety.