The quality of the fruit that’s gone into the bottle is incredible. As one of New Zealand’s most respected and well-known winemakers, Rod Eastwood got his hands on the best fruit around from two of Hawke’s Bay’s finest vineyards.
Once barrel-fermentation finished, the young wine slept on lees over the winter to develop more complex flavours. Then Malolactic fermentation kicked in to soften the natural acidity. Finally, after a total of 10 months on oak, the wine was filtered without any fining to keep as much flavour as possible.
Open a bottle of this classic cool-climate Chardy to release the glorious peach, brioche and hazelnut notes hiding inside. Take a sip and you’ll be awash with waves of flavour and a balanced acidity that promises the next sip is not far behind.
The 2018/19 summer was lovely & warm. The amazing amount of sunshine produced good sized crops and a gorgeous even ripening. The grapes were sourced from parcels of fruit from three separate North Canterbury vineyards has produced a stunning Pinot Gris.
The natural fruit sweetness is balanced with a perfect acidity backbone that is such a hallmark of great cool-climate wines.
The mouthfeel is multi-layered and textured giving the wine depth, balance and intrigue. You’ll be bowled over by the aromas of ripe juicy Gala Apples & Nashi Pear. This is an off-dry style with freshly picked stone fruit and notes of Turkish delight.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Strap yourself in..this Pinto Gris is about to launch you to your happy place! Lychee and Nashi pear aromas will lift you up alongside floral hints…are you salivating yet? The vineyard is situated in the lower Wairau Valley in Marlborough NZ which is renowned for producing some of the world's most intense aromatic wines. You’ll be swept away with juicy fruit flavours and a subtle spice that lasts on the palate, balancing sugar and acidity that makes you want to come back for more. The 2018 vintage won Gold medal at the 2019 NZ Organic wine awards!
This wine was created on a foundation of quality fruit that was grown and harvested using organic principles. The vineyard has finished a three year organic accreditation process, continuously and strictly monitored for herbicide-free and pesticide-free practices.
Growing organic fruit takes more labour and manual work in the vineyard, therefore organic grapes are always more expensive to grow. Angels don’t miss this unprecedented access to a brand new wine on the Naked Shelves…made in tiny batches, it will fly! This is the perfect White to pair with food, or simple enjoy as an after work drink to finish a busy day.
Our Kiwi superstar Nicky Parish has elevated this wine to the next level! The bold choice of increasing both the new-oak and malolactic fermentation influence has brought even greater luxury to her signature drop.
Aromas of citrus and white nectarine will jump out of your glass ably matched by a gorgeous hint of toasty French oak. Textures and layers of flavours have come from time on yeast lees and the delicious finish goes on forever - it’s both balanced and bursting with liveliness.
This is a naturally low cropping vineyard managed by Nicky's father to the highest level, which is all the more reason to hop on board while the vintage is in stock! With quality you can taste from oodles of TLC in the grape growing and winemaking process. Get in quick.
- Mark has done it again! His beloved Pinot Noir returns with a bang, heralding all the gorgeous mulberry and dark cherry aromas you know and love, along with an undeniably smooth palate of soft fruit layers.
- As a lighter red, this is the perfect summer star for your collection. The wine is made from 100% organically grown, single vineyard grapes and in accordance with BioGro Ltd regulations. The 2018 vintage at the base of the famous Wairau Valley has some of the oldest Pinot Noir vines in Marlborough. The whole vintage was hand picked to optimise flavour ripeness.
- Single vineyard, hand picked, certified organic and treated in French oak barrels for 12 months - this is truly a wine worthy of its world class region. At under $23 for Angels, it is certainly among the best bang for your buck organic Pinot on the market!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Blending Chardonnay (90%) and Viognier (10%) is a relatively new match in the world of wine but the outstanding climate in Marlborough means both varieties can ripen at the same time and produce this stunner!
Be prepared for a mouthfeel that is fresh and bright and so full of flavour. Aromas of fragrant white peach all the way through to apricot will dazzle!
Chardonnay aged 100% in French oak is hard to come by these days at this price. Chardonnay with Viognier is even more unique. And, Chardonnay and Viognier from the same vineyard is even rarer still. Just for you, Angels!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Bill & Claudia have done it again, showing off all the wonderment the Marlborough has to offer. This wine combines grapes from two of the areas most renowned sub-regions, the Awatere and Wairau Valleys.
- Cool fermenting helped retain the hallmark vibrant aromas and flavours of Marlborough fruit. Citrus and melon aromas leap from the glass before the crisp and dry palate delights with lively fruit layers. This baby is utterly drinkable...sunshine in a bottle!
- The last 7 vintages scored a whopping 92% or higher buy-again rating from thousands our beloved Angels, which is pretty tough to argue with! Of course, the fact that Angels can get this quality Marlborough drop at an unbelievably low price is another reason why it's hard to ignore. Don't fight it, go wild and lap up all the fun this wine has to offer.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Bill & Claudia are back with their crowd favourite Sylvia Savvy! Using vines from the most idyllic Sauvignon Blanc location within the Marlborough region, this wine is made with love exclusively for Angels. Equivalent grapes from this location usually end up in bottles that sell primarily on wine lists of posh restaurants at two or three times the price.
- It was fermented warm with non-conventional winemaking yeasts then matured on yeast lees for three months. All this adds up to a bold drop! It's complex and weighty, yet crisp and refreshing.
- It captures all those flavours (and then some) that have made Marlborough synonymous with Sauvignon Blanc. Get ready for intense aromas and flavours of passionfruit and redcurrant. This renowned regional wine can be yours for a steal AND your fellow Angels have spoken - 90% of those who tried the last vintage want to buy it again, so get in quick!
- Rod downed tools at one of the best wineries in NZ to work for you. Why? To get the best NZ wines to Angels at an unbeatable price. This Pinot shows Naked's vineyard to consumer model in action! Anything from this region would normally retail at $35+ on the shelves.
- Martinborough is Pinot Noir paradise, perched on the bottom tip of New Zealand's North Island. The long warm days give the grapes flavour, and blustery sea breezes keep everything cool and fresh. Drinking this wine young will show New World style characteristics, but after some years cellaring earthy characters will show that are reminiscent of Burgundy wines.
- Selling out quickly every year and with an incredible 95% buy-again rating, don't wait around and risk disappointment. Rich, dark cherries combine with oak derived vanilla and spicy whole bunch characters for an intense, lasting finish. Pop this hand picked gem in your basket today!
- Mike loves his Pinot, and even when working for a top New Zealand winery, yearned to make his very own. Well, we came up with the funding and now he's going it alone - and producing classic NZ Pinot for all our Angels.
- Think ripe black cherry with a hint of raspberry, a touch of herbs and spice and a bundle of juicy sweetness in the mid palate, all finished off with smooth tannins and hey presto! The perfect Pinot.
- Angel's love this wine, and it is sure to impress! It is a versatile and flavour packed wine, full of dark, vibrant fruit on release that will continue to evolve it's complexities in the bottle over a couple of years.