WE'RE NOT SURE
- Certified organic grapes are the crucial foundation for Tapi's everlasting popularity! Single vineyard to boot, this outstanding wine comes straight to your glass direct from the peerless Wairau River valley floor in Marlborough NZ, one of the best places in the world to grow Sauvignon Blanc.
- 2019 provided a long, slow ripening conditions. This naturally reduced the acidity in the grapes so it's softer and more approachable than most Sauvignon Blancs on the market. Mark and Gus are true believers in letting nature take her course to ensure the best wine is produced, especially when the fruit is this good!
- Get ready for scrumptious passionfruit and tropical guava characters with a luscious feel and juicy lime finish. No wonder it won GOLD at the 2020 NZ Organic Wine awards!
- Mark's beloved organic Pinot Noir returns with a bang, displaying all the dark cherry and toast characters you know and love. The little herby tinge comes from whole bunches added during fermentation. It's smooth and lasting on your tongue!
- This wine is made from 100% organically grown, single vineyard fruit - hand picked to preserve the delicate grapes and matured in French oak for a year.
- If you love a Pinot Noir that's truly cool climate and can rival the best from France, try this. No wonder it won Silver at the 2020 NZ Organic Wine Awards!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Mike's Pinot Gris is a belter! Insanely tropical, tongue-tingly and rich... with that super-crisp tropical fruitiness New Zealand is famous for. Sunshine in a bottle.
- With Sauvignon Blanc stealing all the praise for Marlborough, it’s easy to forget that it’s a paradise for other grapes too. Luckily Mike used Angel funding to snaffle a parcel of perfect Pinot Gris from an immaculate vineyard to create an absolute belter of a wine.
- WARNING: This wine is dangerously drinkable... with or without food. Don't say we didn't warn you!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Granted their Winemaker's Fantasy in 2018, these Pinot Gris grapes were hand-picked from lovingly restored vines in Bill & Claudia’s new vineyard in the Marlborough region of NZ. Their own fruit for their own label!
The 2019 ripening season was near perfect. The gorgeous little bunches were hand-picked when in tip-top condition and were showered with care and attention as they made their thrilling transformation into wine.
This is a full-flavoured, crisp and dry Pinot Gris with that delicious pear and citrus flavour. Small batch white winemaking at its best and that means it won’t last long on the shelves!
Our Kiwi superstar Nicky Parish has elevated this wine to the next level! The bold choice of increasing both the new-oak and malolactic fermentation influence has brought even greater luxury to her signature drop.
Aromas of citrus and white nectarine will jump out of your glass ably matched by a gorgeous hint of toasty French oak. Textures and layers of flavours have come from time on yeast lees and the delicious finish goes on forever - it’s both balanced and bursting with liveliness.
This is a naturally low cropping vineyard managed by Nicky's father to the highest level, which is all the more reason to hop on board while the vintage is in stock! With quality you can taste from oodles of TLC in the grape growing and winemaking process. Get in quick.
WE'RE NOT SURE
The grapes came from a beautiful vineyard in the lower Wairau Valley in Marlborough, NZ, which is renowned for producing some of the world's most intense aromatic wines. The vineyard has finished a strict three-year organic accreditation process.
Strap yourself in... this Pinto Gris is about to launch you to your happy place! Lychee and Nashi pear play alongside floral hints…are you salivating yet? You’ll be swept away with juicy fruit flavours and a subtle spice that entices you back for more. No wonder it won Gold medal at the 2020 NZ Organic Wine Awards!
This wine was created on a foundation of quality fruit that was grown and harvested using organic principles. It's a stunning drop.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Classic pear layers, apple and a touch of rose and nutmeg all contribute aromatic purity and intensity. The palate is fresh yet svelte and finishes with a rose petal flourish. This drop certainly has a hallmark of purity!
- Rod's latest Angel exclusive Pinot Gris is sourced from four distinct vineyard sites within the Hawke's Bay region which results in greater complexity. Both Rod and his top class growers enjoy an increasingly secure relationship having relied on each other for four years in a row, so Rod can restrict yields and delay picking to his preference. This professional trust is all thanks to the Naked model and ensures the end result is a perfectly ripe, yet relatively dry Pinot Gris.
- There is a lot of competition for Pinot Gris grapes among winemakers in Hawke's Bay, so volumes will always be limited. An absolute steal at under $14 for Angels, this flies off the Naked shelves every year so don't delay!
- Mike's detailed blend of grapes from five sub regions is an essential part of maintaining the style and quality of his Lay of the Land Sauvignon Blanc. He's sourced fruit from the best growers to optimise its natural quality and craft wines with minimal intervention.
- The Rapaura grapes give structure and a herbal lift and the Lower Wairau grapes gift the palate with passionfruit and floral notes. The Waihopai Valley component adds citrus drive and weight to the mouth feel. This magical combination translates to a seriously approachable and balanced drop to please any white wine lover!
- At under $11 for Angels, you will shock all your friends with this unbelievably tasty and pocket-friendly wine! The perfect wine to have stocked in the fridge for unexpected company.
- Aiming for a brutish Pinot Noir with a feminine twist, Nicky and her incredible Waipara team have simply nailed it. Single vineyard quality Pinot delivered to your door for under $22 is almost unheard of!
- The purity of fruit is amazing, allowing this wine to sing in the glass. You'll smell delightful spice and ripe cherries as you pour each glass! Balanced layers of fresh plums, blueberry and cardamom will follow with the robust tannin structure that gives this wine body and a lot of soul.
- Do yourself a favour and enjoy all that's on offer from this Dunnolly Pinot, which is consistently loved by thousands of other Angels!
The quality of the fruit that’s gone into the bottle is incredible. As one of New Zealand’s most respected and well-known winemakers, Rod Eastwood got his hands on the best fruit around from two of Hawke’s Bay’s finest vineyards.
Once barrel-fermentation finished, the young wine slept on lees over the winter to develop more complex flavours. Then Malolactic fermentation kicked in to soften the natural acidity. Finally, after a total of 10 months on oak, the wine was filtered without any fining to keep as much flavour as possible.
Open a bottle of this classic cool-climate Chardy to release the glorious peach, brioche and hazelnut notes hiding inside. Take a sip and you’ll be awash with waves of flavour and a balanced acidity that promises the next sip is not far behind.