Stop The Squeeze Variety Case
Give a happy home to these worthy wines
- This wine is crafted at a core vineyard called Esprit which sits at 185m elevation on a limestone slope, a truly unique vineyard in Hawke's Bay context. The growing conditions there have given a crisp lemongrass and mineral note to the wine. If that's not enticing enough, the Skeetfield vineyard fruit component adds scrumptious passionfruit and lemongrass layers.
- Rod's winemaking approach is very neutral to allow the quality fruit to shine. This means crushing and de-stemming at low temperatures, only employing neutral yeast, cool fermentation, and then around two months time melding and maturing on lees to build texture. All this TLC means the flavours just keep on coming in prolonged waves long after each sip!
- The Naked Model means that Rod can cut out the middlemen and ensure the most direct route from the grower to you, the Angel who made it happen. This means he can pay the grower well for the best fruit...therefore more bang for your buck! The proof is in the pudding...this gorgeous Savvy sells out every year. If you are in to pure unwooded aromatic white wines, then look no further and get this in your basket today.
- This Pinot Noir is helping to change the game, letting the Marlborough's red strengths shine through along side it's famous Sauv Blancs. The cool climate where Bill & Claudia have sourced these grapes from are perfectly suited to the whims of Pinot Noir, probably the most fickle of the leading varietals.
- Every flavour box is ticked! Heady aromas of violets and cherries, and a palate that's medium-bodied, with fine tannins and a lingering savoury finish. Low yields and careful attention to detail provided terrific fruit from the 2020 harvest!
- This is a treat that over delivers at every level - small batch, hand picked, wild yeast fermented, hand plunged, then matured for 10 months in oak barrels prior to bottling. What more could a wine for under $20 deliver? Almost unheard of! It must be Naked...
- At 200m above sea level in Marlborough's southern Waihopai Valley lie the low yielding vines from which Mike and his team plucked only the best grapes possible, late in the cool season. Handled with incredible care from vineyard to bottle, something truly special was crafted. Angels with a love for the Marlborough need look no further for Top Shelf quality!
- The wine has slightly cooler fruit expression due to proximity of the vineyard, showing a blend of pea pod and flowers layers. This leads to a fine boned but textured palate full of sweet and sour citrus from lees contact.
- Delivering a unique and singular vineyard expression, Mike has combined all the hallmarks that top Marlborough Sauvignon is known for - aromatic lift, concentration, balance and a long succulent finish. Get a few of these safely in your next case before the vintage is all drunk up!
- Marlborough lovers stop here! Mike's latest Destination vintage brings you an amazing chance to experience all that New Zealand's premier Sauvignon Blanc growing region has to offer. This wine is a blend of three different vineyard sites in Marlborough's southern valleys.
- The clay based soils where the fruit parcels were grown provide texture and depth of flavour to the gorgeous citrus, stone fruit and elderflower palate layers. The acid is seamlessly integrated into the fleshy and vibrantly fruited palate, making for a long and clean finish. A huge drinkability and food friendly factors tick all boxes for terrific value and versatility as an anytime crowd pleaser!
- This is a drop that will liven your senses, treat your tastebuds and delight as a drink on it's own or if matched with an equally tasty meal. Dive in to the wonderful clarity and vibrancy of this white and let it take you to your relaxation Destination.
- Rod downed tools at one of the best wineries in NZ to work for you. Why? To get the best NZ wines to Angels at an unbeatable price. This Pinot shows Naked's vineyard to consumer model in action! Anything from this region would normally retail at $35+ on the shelves.
- Martinborough is Pinot Noir paradise, perched on the bottom tip of New Zealand's North Island. The long warm days give the grapes flavour, and blustery sea breezes keep everything cool and fresh. Drinking this wine young will show New World style characteristics, but after some years cellaring earthy characters will show that are reminiscent of Burgundy wines.
- Selling out quickly every year and with an incredible 95% buy-again rating, don't wait around and risk disappointment. Rich, dark cherries combine with oak derived vanilla and spicy whole bunch characters for an intense, lasting finish. Pop this hand picked gem in your basket today!
- Bill & Claudia lovingly selected grapes from low yielding, old vines from a small Marlborough site and fermented them in oak barrels (9% new) before maturing in the cellar for 9 months. Yep...it's an oaked Sauvignon Blanc!
- Get ready for classic Marlborough scents of passionfruit and citrus, with underlying smokey oak. It’s fresh and crisp, but still full flavoured, complex and lingering. Yummmm! Equivalent wines are hard to come by, and almost always cost twice as much.
- Mother nature has put the kibosh on the Small's making this wine on more than one occasion, so they feel privileged to get the 2020 vintage into your hands. Historically a quick seller, this top shelf treat is made in tiny quantities so get in quick!
Sorry, this wine is available exclusively to the Angels who helped make it happen. To find out more about becoming an Angel, click here.
- Mark's beloved organic Pinot Noir returns with a bang, displaying all the dark cherry and toast characters you know and love. The little herby tinge comes from whole bunches added during fermentation. It's smooth and lasting on your tongue!
- This wine is made from 100% organically grown, single vineyard fruit - hand picked to preserve the delicate grapes and matured in French oak for a year.
- If you love a Pinot Noir that's truly cool climate and can rival the best from France, try this!