WE'RE NOT SURE
Blending Chardonnay (90%) and Viognier (10%) is a relatively new match in the world of wine but the outstanding climate in Marlborough means both varieties can ripen at the same time and produce this stunner!
Be prepared for a mouthfeel that is fresh and bright and so full of flavour. Aromas of fragrant white peach all the way through to apricot will dazzle!
Chardonnay aged 100% in French oak is hard to come by these days at this price. Chardonnay with Viognier is even more unique. And, Chardonnay and Viognier from the same vineyard is even rarer still. Just for you, Angels!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Bill & Claudia have done it again, showing off all the wonderment the Marlborough has to offer. This wine combines grapes from two of the areas most renowned sub-regions, the Awatere and Wairau Valleys.
- Cool fermenting helped retain the hallmark vibrant aromas and flavours of Marlborough fruit. Citrus and melon aromas leap from the glass before the crisp and dry palate delights with lively fruit layers. This baby is utterly drinkable...sunshine in a bottle!
- The last 7 vintages scored a whopping 92% or higher buy-again rating from thousands our beloved Angels, which is pretty tough to argue with! Of course, the fact that Angels can get this quality Marlborough drop at an unbelievably low price is another reason why it's hard to ignore. Don't fight it, go wild and lap up all the fun this wine has to offer.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Bill & Claudia are back with their crowd favourite Sylvia Savvy! Using vines from the most idyllic Sauvignon Blanc location within the Marlborough region, this wine is made with love exclusively for Angels. Equivalent grapes from this location usually end up in bottles that sell primarily on wine lists of posh restaurants at two or three times the price.
- It was fermented warm with non-conventional winemaking yeasts then matured on yeast lees for three months. All this adds up to a bold drop! It's complex and weighty, yet crisp and refreshing.
- It captures all those flavours (and then some) that have made Marlborough synonymous with Sauvignon Blanc. Get ready for intense aromas and flavours of passionfruit and redcurrant. This renowned regional wine can be yours for a steal AND your fellow Angels have spoken - 90% of those who tried the last vintage want to buy it again, so get in quick!
- Rod downed tools at one of the best wineries in NZ to work for you. Why? To get the best NZ wines to Angels at an unbeatable price. This Pinot shows Naked's vineyard to consumer model in action! Anything from this region would normally retail at $35+ on the shelves.
- Martinborough is Pinot Noir paradise, perched on the bottom tip of New Zealand's North Island. The long warm days give the grapes flavour, and blustery sea breezes keep everything cool and fresh. Drinking this wine young will show New World style characteristics, but after some years cellaring earthy characters will show that are reminiscent of Burgundy wines.
- Selling out quickly every year and with an incredible 95% buy-again rating, don't wait around and risk disappointment. Rich, dark cherries combine with oak derived vanilla and spicy whole bunch characters for an intense, lasting finish. Pop this hand picked gem in your basket today!
- Mike loves his Pinot, and even when working for a top New Zealand winery, yearned to make his very own. Well, we came up with the funding and now he's going it alone - and producing classic NZ Pinot for all our Angels.
- Think ripe black cherry with a hint of raspberry, a touch of herbs and spice and a bundle of juicy sweetness in the mid palate, all finished off with smooth tannins and hey presto! The perfect Pinot.
- Angel's love this wine, and it is sure to impress! It is a versatile and flavour packed wine, full of dark, vibrant fruit on release that will continue to evolve it's complexities in the bottle over a couple of years.
- The latest vintage of Mike's Angel favourite is all-too scrumptious! Gorgeous Pinot Noir fruit from the world renowned Marlborough region has been the foundation of a totally drinkable delight with outstanding length of flavour.
- It is medium bodied with plush texture to compliment the layers of juicy plum and red cherry notes. Meandering tannins will have you reaching for a re-fill every time, as will the lovely rose petal aromas.
- Get ready to enjoy a fruit driven, supple and easy drinking wine. Made in tiny quantities, it will fly so get in quick! Guaranteed to impress with food or if enjoyed on it's own - why not share the Naked joy with this lighter red option over the warmer months?
Naked Angels overwhelmingly gave the thumbs up for our hero from Hawke’s Bay to make a refreshing craft beer using the yummiest ingredients New Zealand could throw at it.
Rod's Savvy Pale Ale is made with top-shelf Sauvin hops, unique to New Zealand, to create a crisp, creamy brew with tonnes of sweet fruity flavours.
Plus he's used Sauvignon Blanc lees (the mushy stuff left over in the bottom of his wine tanks) in the fermentation... so you'll get all of the crisp, zingy tropical flavours you know and love from Rod's wines.
Our Kiwi superstar Nicky Parish has elevated this wine to the next level! The bold choice of increasing both the new-oak and malolactic fermentation influence has brought even greater luxury to her signature drop.
Aromas of citrus and white nectarine will jump out of your glass ably matched by a gorgeous hint of toasty French oak. Textures and layers of flavours have come from time on yeast lees and the delicious finish goes on forever - it’s both balanced and bursting with liveliness.
This is a naturally low cropping vineyard managed by Nicky's father to the highest level, which is all the more reason to hop on board while the vintage is in stock! With quality you can taste from oodles of TLC in the grape growing and winemaking process. Get in quick.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Marlborough lovers stop here! Mike's latest Destination vintage brings you an amazing chance to experience all that New Zealand's premier Sauvignon Blanc growing region has to offer. This wine is a blend of three different vineyard sites in Marlborough's southern valleys.
- The clay based soils where the fruit parcels were grown provide texture and depth of flavour to the gorgeous citrus, stone fruit and elderflower palate layers. The acid is seamlessly integrated into the fleshy and vibrantly fruited palate, making for a long and clean finish. A huge drinkability and food friendly factors tick all boxes for terrific value and versatility as an anytime crowd pleaser!
- This is a drop that will liven your senses, treat your tastebuds and delight as a drink on it's own or if matched with an equally tasty meal. Dive in to the wonderful clarity and vibrancy of this white and let it take you to your relaxation Destination.
- This wine is crafted at a core vineyard called Esprit which sits at 185m elevation on a limestone slope, a truly unique vineyard in Hawke's Bay context. The growing conditions there have given a crisp lemongrass and mineral note to the wine. If that's not enticing enough, the Skeetfield vineyard fruit component adds scrumptious passionfruit and lemongrass layers.
- Rod's winemaking approach is very neutral to allow the quality fruit to shine. This means crushing and de-stemming at low temperatures, only employing neutral yeast, cool fermentation, and then around two months time melding and maturing on lees to build texture. All this TLC means the flavours just keep on coming in prolonged waves long after each sip!
- The Naked Model means that Rod can cut out the middlemen and ensure the most direct route from the grower to you, the Angel who made it happen. This means he can pay the grower well for the best fruit...therefore more bang for your buck! The proof is in the pudding...this gorgeous Savvy sells out every year. If you are in to pure unwooded aromatic white wines, then look no further and get this in your basket today.