Showing results for Mataro
match your search for
- The grapes are from the beautiful Chalmers estate vineyard in Heathcote. 2020 was an excellent vintage and Bart jumped at the chance to make this limited edition, hand made batch for your drinking delight. It’s powerful, but not heavy - a hallmark of Heathcote.
- This is a truly hand-crafted wine - wild fermented, basket pressed and matured in old French oak barriques. It’s been left unfined and only lightly filtered to lock in the fruit characters, and bottle aged to make sure it's at optimum drinking now.
- If you like Rum 'n' Raisin chocolate, this is the one for you - attractively earthy, with a hint of sweet fruit and smooth but still fresh. The Mataro pepper and spice notes definitely pop, with the Shiraz plum and berry flavours taking a back seat. And there's a dusty cigar box character there which adds complexity. Just stunning.
- Josh picked from three different vineyard sites in the Barossa and kept the grapes separate throughout the winemaking process so he could get the final blend just the way he wanted it. Using just the natural yeast on the fruit, and no fining agents, this wine is vegan-friendly.
- 2021 was one of the best vintages in the last 20 years in the Barossa, giving this wine its fantastic colour and flavour. It smells of blueberry and raspberry with a shake of black pepper and dried mixed herbs in the background. Soft, smooth and easy drinking - it delivers in spades!
- Pull it out at a family get together or take it to a Sunday BBQ and watch it disappear. Your mates will be asking you where you got it from and how much you paid, and you’ll be able to shock them with just how little it cost you.
- Sourced from old vines in the Ebenezer region of the Barossa, Adam only made 293 cases of this stunning red. A satisfying drop that deserves a place in your cellar.
- It’s an elegant, top shelf release with a terrific, savoury edge. Basket pressed and matured for 9 months in French oak, it packs a clever punch of plum and berry fruit. Enjoy the forest fruits, leather and five spice as they tantalise your senses.
- Sensational fruit from a talented grower and Adam’s winemaking magic have created, in his own words, “a wine that really excites us!”
- The secret sauce to this red is the combination of three old vine Mataro vineyards on the Barossa Valley 'floor' - one over 140 years old. The quality of the grapes is down to the dedication and passion of the growers. Their transformation into this sensational red - also known as Mourvèdre - is down to one of Australias most awarded winemakers!
- Tim’s ‘unfussy’ approach to winemaking has let the fruit shine and produced a rich, pristine wine that’s had some time in old French barrels to soften out. Cheekily named after a drumming pattern, it won't hang around here for long!
- Mataro has a deliciously distinct characters - the scent of dark blue fruits, Kirsch (a dry cherry ‘brandy’) and Chinese 5 spice. Pair it with Chinese BBQ duck and Tim says it reminds him of walking through Chinatown on a summer's evening..
- The Barossa climate and soils are perfectly suited to classic red varieties like Mataro. The fruit for this deliciously slurpable drop, came from the Sonntag vineyard in Stonewell, which grows lively, aromatic fruit.
- A light to medium body, this is a soft, juicy, easy-drinking wine to be enjoyed in its youth while the fruit is fresh and lively. It’s bursting with bright red cherry, raspberry, cranberry and pomegranate with subtle florals, earthy hints, a good dose of Asian spice and silky-smooth tannins.
- This is Barossa pedigree fruit transformed into a delicious, modern, versatile wine at a cracker price by two of the most revered winemakers in Australia. What are you waiting for?!
Get ready for Adam Barton’s latest Clare Valley creation, his GSM from the Clare Valley. It’s elegant and complex, delivering delicious flavours without relying on weight or intensity. And that’s what this wine delivers!
It’s led by the Grenache, which brings those brighter red-fruit flavours, the Shiraz fills out the mid-palate and brings blackcurrant into the mix, and the Mataro gives the wine a bit more savouriness, some mouthfeel and structure, and adds cherry-fruit characters.
- In short, a delicious new addition to the Rabbit & Spaghetti wine list and a wine that I think many of you will enjoy!
Red wine lovers get your glasses ready, Hamish has carefully crafted this drop to be fresh, ripe and delicious!
Mclaren Vale's signature red blend - including Grenache from 80-year-old bush vines - is bursting with juicy cherries and currants and a savoury twist.
Hamish knows South Australian fruit and innovative winemaking ways like the back of his hand. This is stunning value for money and a true treat for the senses.