- Riesling is Jen's all time favourite white varietal, and it's not hard to see why once this dose of liquid summer hits your lips! Florals and citrus fruit aromatics will all draw you in to this world of pleasure...
- Just as you really start to relax, the gorgeously balanced palate will kick in. Think crisp refreshment with lemon-lime and passionfruit notes dancing around, and a lovely lingering presence.
- Returning to a mass of fans, this stunning favourite won't stick around forever! At under $9 for Angels, there is no question it deserves to take up a few spots in your next Naked order!
- Leightons new vintage Pet Nat, or Ancestral method Sparkling is BACK! Made in the method that predates Champagne, creating a very exciting, rustic sparkling wine. Slightly cloudy, due to no filtering or fining, means the grapes flavours can sing!
- Aromatic bubbles of watermelon and pulped strawberry make a strong first impression upon pouring.Almost looks like watermelon in the glass, or a randy shade of pink. Aromas of icing sugar and lemon curd are also lurking in the background, with watermelon, lychee and sherbet on the palate.
- The watermelon colour is due to the unique blend of 2/3 Shiraz and 1/3 Sauvignon Blanc. Throw convention out the window and expand your vinous horizons, drink with pretty much anything or nothing at all.
Wow! A premium Spanish Rioja style red wine - straight from the Clare Valley in South Australia. A superb blend of 43% Tempranillo, 42% Graciano and 14% Grenache grapes. Judy and Glen have some of the oldest Tempranillo and Graciano grown in Australia and the Grenache is off 100 year-old-vines. This wine has history on its side!
All three parts were made separately, received subtle ageing in French oak and then blended. This delectable red is overflowing with juicy fruit berry and plum flavours, and a hint of savoury spice. A wine of this calibre using fruit from these exceptional aged vines would normally sell for over $30 per bottle.
Incredibly food friendly and made for enjoying now or over the next 3-4 years. Great for Summer too! Twenty minutes in the fridge and this will be the perfect mainstay at all your BBQ’s!
- Sourced from a single organically managed vineyard in the heart of the famed Gimblett Gravels of N.Z.’s Hawke's Bay. The intensely flavoured fruit beautifully reflects the site and the cracking vintage.
- Pungent red-fleshed plum fruits mingling with the trademark characters of black pepper and aniseed announces this wine assertively as a Hawke’s Bay Syrah! Gorgeous silky tannins, a medium palate weight and a driving core of red fruits wraps up with an incredibly long flavour-filled finish. Yummm.
- Hawke's Bay Syrah is highly sought after and the fruit from good sites is in short supply. Thanks to Naked Wine and the Angels, Rod has a great track record with the vineyard owners and they trust him and Naked to look after the growers interests. Only made in tiny amounts. Get it while you can!
James-Paul Marin’s McLaren Vale Cabernet shows typical regional charm and definitive varietal fruit character. With blackcurrant and green tobacco flavours it’s a full bodied treat with structured tannins and a dusty sweet oak finish.
Matured for 24 months in 2-3 year old American oak with just a thimble of Merlot and Shiraz to add extra silkiness.
A classic McLaren Vale Cabernet typically sells for $25-35 at your local bottle shop. There's no doubt you'll keep coming back to this stunner, so stock up while the small batch is still around!
- Cynthia and David have hand crafted the very first Naked Tassie Shiraz! Sourced from established 19 year old vines on the banks of the Tamar River and picked at perfect ripeness. Two separate parcels made separately and blended prior to bottling to ensure a cool-climate Syrah style that’ll knock your socks off!
- Possessing the perfect ripe aromas, showing blue fruits some spicy tones and hints of white pepper that give away its cool climate origins. The palate is vibrant and silky soft while still driving a lovely acid freshness on the back palate. So full of flavour!
- If you like medium bodied perfumed reds then what better reason do you need to try Cynthia and David’s latest genius creation?! This Tasmanian Syrah would easily hold its own at $40 in all those other stores!
The vineyard that Paul selected to supply the fruit for this wine was chosen to best replicate an Italian grigio style. Harvested at very cool temps to avoid too much colour extraction. Pressed gently and fermented in 100% stainless steel to preserve the delicate aromatics.
A dry white with abundant fruit and crisp acidity. Green apple, pear, nectarine and Lemon on the nose and then honeysuckle and minerality grace the palate. Exotic, dry and fresh. Yummo!
White nectarines, pear and blossomy scents makes this wine perfect for all occasions that involve good friends and good food. Serve chilled with an Italian accent.
Paul Nelson’s cool climate Mount Barker Sauvignon Blanc is set to impress. It’s sourced from the same vineyard that powered his 2009 Fume Blanc to a 95-point rating from the esteemed wine writer James Halliday. Woohoo!
Harvested super early to retain freshness and then partially fermented in new French oak for texture and power. Lively, delicious and extremely gluggable! 10% new oak adds texture, complexity and gun flint. The other 90% splashes you in the face with fresh cut grass, gooseberry and passionfruit goodness.
Drink chilled sitting in the deck chair. The wine is fresh zippy and excellent value and will hold its own against many higher priced SBs.
- James-Paul reckons this stylish Shiraz represents winemaking 101! Sourcing pristine fruit from three iconic McLaren Vale sub-regions, fermenting and maturing separately and then blending at the last minute just prior to bottling.
- The dark crimson-purple colour treads a fine line between being both elegant and bold. It shows the rich, dark, delicious fruits that McLaren Vale is famous for and the flavours linger soooo long! In short, enormously intriguing shiraz, showing the depth of McLaren ‘terroir’.
- This wine has the yummy potential to cellar for 5+ years. Patience will be rewarded, if you can wait!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Straight to your table with love from the sensationally talented Brian Fletcher - the Master of Margaret River! His immense winemaking experience has borne fruit in an easy drinking, juicy, dry medium bodied Shiraz ready to enjoy over the festive season.
- Powered by premium Margaret River fruit carefully selected from the warmer sites, get ready for a fine rich Shiraz with an abundance of soft juicy delicious flavours. Deep purple in colour with lovely lifted spicy berry fruit aromas and just the right masterful touch of oak complexity.It simply entices you back for another delicious sip.
- In fact, 1.5 Litres may not be quite enough. Yummo!
- P.s. Every previous vintage has rated between 93% and 96% Buy-It-Again from thousands of Angels like yourself. Now, that’s consistent!