Paul Nelson’s Nodus Tollens Pinot Noir is sourced from some of the oldest vines in the Great Southern region of WA. Finished in a combination of 40% new oak and 60% older oak and matured on yeast lees to enhance palate texture and layers of complexity. Yum!
There’s an abundance of intense red and dark fruits with a long finish that is beautifully wrapped up in spicy oak and earthy flavours. Fine tannin adds another layer of complexity giving this wine youthful charm and mouthfeel.
Pinot Noir of this calibre would easily sell for over $35 a bottle, and it’s an absolute bargain to Angel’s for under $17. Don’t miss your chance to try some of Paul’s magic!
- Get ready for a full bodied and ripe red wine with some grippy tannins typical of Cabernet. An impressive drop that is well balanced, you'll have envious friends wanting to try a glass!
- This wine is quite intensely perfumed and for Sam, big flavour is an indicator of high quality.
- Think Blackcurrant with some menthol and eucalyptus notes. Chocolaty oak is also evident on the nose. This wine is quite simply moreish!
Gary knows great wine, and so he’s trekked around the world to the hills of Sicily to make some more for Angels. A typical ‘sunshine’ wine, full of ripe fruit and spice.
Think aromas of pear red apple and ginger, with a fresh citrus acidity and a spicy finish. Perfectwith swordfish pasta, grilled octopus and shrimp with citrus dressing. Yumm!
This wine is extraordinarily priced at under $10 for Angels. Gary knows it won’t be around for long.
- Geoff has channeled all his years of skill, which you know and love from his Lodestar range, into the launch of his brand new label - Grounded Cru! He's included the finest of each varietal to create this GSM treat, from the most suitable soil types in various McLaren sub-regions. The synergy of the three grapes creates a delicious drop that shines with all sorts of food! Antipasto anyone?
- Not to be mistaken for other overpowering reds from the region, the GSM is refined and delicate, with flavours balanced beautifully on the palate. Pretty raspberry and cherry flavours will sing out from your ruby coloured glass. It's complex earthiness leads to a lip-smacking long finish & will have you coming back for more...
- Championing one of the most underrated red grapes in Australia currently - Grenache - Geoff is proud to get this hand crafted beauty in to the hands of the Angels who have supported him so generously. He credits Angels for perpetuating Naked's virtuous cycle & giving him complete winemaking autonomy - cheers to that!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Get ready for summer in a glass! This oh-so refreshing treat from Cathy & Neil is their debut wine for Naked, and is the culmination of two lifetimes of experience in the Aussie wine industry.
You will be bowled over by the luscious complexity of flavours in this maritime-climate SBS. An avalanche of lemongrass, white peach, gooseberry and sweeter citrus will all tickle your taste buds, with a textural twist to boot.
With so much flavour packed in, you'll be reaching for a top-up in no time. At such a friendly Angel-only price, why not pop a few in your basket? Hold on for the ride with Boots & All!
- Hand grown and picked by Tait Hamilton whose family vineyard is on the prestige soils of Heathcote. Tait is a hardworking and careful grower, and he has a site which is an incredible gift from nature!
- Your glass will be boldly coloured with youthful magenta on the rim. Scrumptious layers of plum, blackberries, chocolate and raisins will sing along with earthy, peppery hints. Tannins are ripe and plush, lending texture to round out each powerful, flavour packed slurp!
- The low pH of Tait's fruit is associated with bright colour and 'stable' wine which can almost make itself with minimal intervention - the challenge is not messing up the natural gift. The wine is full bodied with warmth from ripe fruit and subsequent high alcohol. Time spent in new an one year old oak barrels has given it a moreish, smokey finish. Go on, treat yourself to the tip-top of Naked's shelves!
- Sam's outstanding Victorian range has delivered once again with this fantastically fresh and tantalising Pinot! Following is finely tuned instinct, Sam has assembled a blend of three outstanding Pinot Noir parcels to achieve something truly beautiful. The Plunkett family vineyard which gives classic strawberry flavours, Bald Rock vineyard which is a little warmer and makes more powerful Pinot and Elgo vineyard which mades some of the most delicate wines out there!
- It's aromas of spice, strawberry and a floral perfume will draw you in to its medium body which delivers a flavoursome yet refreshing drink! Running a cool ferment allowed Sam to preserve pretty fruit flavours and limit the extraction on tannin. This is perfect for his goal of making a velvety Pinot which is lovely to drink as a youngster, rather than a wine that needs years to develop before balancing out.
- This wine is Angel brilliance in action! Considering Pinot Noir goes in to some of the most expensive and sought after wines in the world, fancy being able to buy a delicious cool climate Pinot for under $15!
- B.V.O Bloem Moscato is light, silvery bright and vivacious! World-class and totally inspired by the greatest wines from the Piedmont region in northern Italy, which can set you back up to $50 per bottle.
- Angels, you will be totally dazzled by the oh-so-delicate fizz as it hits the glass. Enticing aromas of fresh lychee jump out and mingle with a brilliant balance of subtle sweetness with tart crunchy pineapple hints leading to a delectable and refreshing dry finish.
- Drink it super chilled and open the bottle right before serving to retain maximum fizz. Delicious with a plate of fresh summer fruits at brekky or paired with a passionfruit tart at dessert is an absolute winner. Brilliant with a summer cheese plate too!
- Handpicked and packed from Ash's family owned vineyard at the base of Mt Dangar, you know a whole lot of love has gone into this dreamy drop!
- This Viognier was matured on lees and fermented in French and Hungarian oak to impart aromas of pear, apple and apricot. Certified organic, it's a bundle of Top Shelf quality that might be just the ticket if you're a Chardonnay lover looking to venture out to a new, yet similar varietal.
- The palate brings a complex textured array of flavours each perfectly arranged and structured. Flavours like pear, green apple and citrus pop through with delicate hints of oak. With the backing of Angels, Ash has once again delivered a breathtaking wine fit for royalty!
- The last vintage of this drop flew out the door before we could say Verdelho! A serious wine with a not-so-serious price tag, Ash's passion for his home region of the Upper Hunter is evident in every sip.
- Aiming to showcase his family vineyard's unique regional flavour palate in each of his wines, Ash is proud to combine single vineyard fruit parcels with his team's certified organic wine making techniques. This breathtaking style is sure to entice anyone with gorgeous green apple and tropical aromas.
- The palate brings a delicate mix of sweet melons, peaches and a smooth crisp finish. Look no further for your next Top Shelf treat and delight your friends with a varietal that is among the industry's future classics as we experience hotter vintage conditions. Ash has truly outdone himself, so enjoy the fruits of your Angel backing!