Geoff ‘Joffa’ Thompson’s 100% Langhorne Creek Shiraz Cab Malbec returns and has been blended to perfection. Showing a brightness and brooding complexity this wine displays a lovely elegance and generous mouthfeel - perfect for the cooler months.
From the first pour you’ll be mesmerised by deep red purple hues, delightful aromas of plums, blueberries and black olives and beautifully soft, velvety tannins.
Geoff has done everything to let the fruit shine: from harvesting in the cool of the night, maturing in American and French oak and then expertly blended to create this beautifully balanced wine.
- Are you ready to bring something completely different to the table?! This rich, ripe and generous Shiraz is full of jammy black fruit with blood plums and blackberries and is a stunning step away from the typical 'bowl-me-over' style of Shiraz that dominates the Australian market.
- Co-fermenting Shiraz and Viognier grapes has a particular magic about it, creating a spicy and savoury deliciousness. All this richness and generosity is well supported and balanced by some time in cedary French and spicy American oak. As each sip evolves, you'll know exactly what Glen and Andrew mean when they say the hallmark of a truly great wine is the endless desire to pour yourself ‘just one more glass!’
- Hand-picked, hand-crafted and hand-bottled (right down to the hand-dipped wax seal) you simply don't often find wines made like this. The true meaning of 'La Petite Mort' is about enjoyment - letting go of restraints and revelling in something new and maybe a little titillating. Made in tiny quantities, it won't stick around long.
- The fruit comes from the Gentle Annie Vineyard near Dookie in Central Victoria. The vines struggle in this relatively dry site, producing a low yielding crop of very small berries. The small berries mean there is a high proportion of skins compared to juice, and because most of the flavour and colour comes from the skins, this gives us really intense colour and flavour!
- This full bodied wine has a very deep colour, intense blackcurrant cordial aromatics, a splash of tomato bush in the background and also a sweet spice character from the oak.
- The wine spends 14 months in oak, mainly French and American, but two hogsheads of Hungarian oak, give a real punch of sweet spice. This is a beautifully balanced wine with great intensity of flavour and mouth coating fine grained tannins.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- At 200m above sea level in Marlborough's southern Waihopai Valley lie the low yielding vines from which Mike and his team plucked only the best grapes possible, late in the cool season. Handled with incredible care from vineyard to bottle, something truly special was crafted. Angels with a love for the Marlborough need look no further for Top Shelf quality!
- The wine has slightly cooler fruit expression due to proximity of the vineyard, showing a blend of pea pod and flowers layers. This leads to a fine boned but textured palate full of sweet and sour citrus from lees contact.
- Delivering a unique and singular vineyard expression, Mike has combined all the hallmarks that top Marlborough Sauvignon is known for - aromatic lift, concentration, balance and a long succulent finish. Get a few of these safely in your next case before the vintage is all drunk up!
- The 2019 vintage of this Top Shelf beauty demanded perfect timing, and Kevin's team have captured the premium fruit like lighting in a bottle. Their approach to making Pinot Noir is very simple; small batch, hands on, focusing on letting the fruit sing.
- This is a perfectly poised Pinot Noir; seductive and delicate yet humming with an inherent power. The wine will become entirely different after cellaring, as the primary fruit evolves into dense floral notes with leather and cigar in the background.
- Prepare for a dense and textural palate, preceded by wonderful ripe perfumes of framboise and violets. Perfect to share with friends over a meal, but if you're hard pressed to share this tasty drop then why not double it up in your basket, especially at this incredible Angel price!
- Berries abound! Jen has created the perfectly rounded red berry palate to please any crowd and kick start those long summer nights. It is soft, fruity, voluptuous and smooth to the very end.
- You'll see the gorgeous purple red colour fill your glass before enjoying fruit driven aromas of red berries, cherries, herbs and a little spice.
- Jen is a Naked superstar! Almost every Angel has experienced her ability to give the winemaking process extra TLC every step of the way. This wine is a great example of Angel support maximising the potential of grapes while keeping the end product at an amazing price, so stock up while it's here!
- A HUGE 92% rating on the last vintage made it clear this red was the ultimate crowd pleaser. Sourced from different vineyards, each varied site brings a different character to the wine. Combined, they make for a complex, powerful and satisfying wine for under $10!
- Jen's Tempranillo has a vibrant purpley red colour with dark cherry and red berries exploding from the glass followed by spicy overtones. The palate is medium bodied and juicy, with hints of chocolate to really send you in to a spin.
- This Tempranillo is THE perfect food wine, perfect to match with anything and everything savoury. It has a moreish, long finish with gorgeous tannins. Stock up on this classic Rebel red today!
- Nigel's labour of love returns better than ever Angels. Wait until you taste the 2018 vintage! You'll revel in a complex wine that isn't too heavy but instead oozes drinkability. Nigel can't help but describe the wine using the classic line 'He aint heavy, he's my brother'. Just a few teasers....think peach notes, mandarin, butterscotch, vanilla bean, Brazil nut and classic French oak.
- All this deliciousness comes down to science really - the grapes for this wine are from Mendoza vines that grow on very rocky soil, producing just enough stress to make the vines put extra energy and nutrients into their offspring (the grapes). Nigel wild fermented the premium grapes and used a blend of barrel and tank to capture the right balance of flavour for Angels to enjoy.
- Reserve Willyabrup Chardonnay at this Angel price (!) is truly unmatched, so why not dive in to the Top Shelf perks of being an Angel and treat yourself to a bottle of Nigel's finest. You deserve it!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This is the latest instalment of Brian's ever popular Chardonnay! With a beautiful nose of a pure fruit, each sip is styled with fine melon and a cashew lift. Subtle oak treatment adds complexity and texture to round it all off.
- You'll delight in it's soft creamy middle palate, with a lovely unctuous structure and strong crisp finish. All this adds up to a perfect summer wine!
- For the past decade, the Margaret River has been heralded as Australia's consistently premium Chardonnay region. No wonder this treat from Brian races out the door every year at under $15 for Angels - a price unheard of elsewhere!
Randal Tomich bring’s the second vintage of Naked’s first ever Ice Wine. A phenomenal ‘sticky’, fresh and crisp with all the sweet flavours you’ll love! Frozen grapes are pressed to squeeze the most intense liquid from the grapes, creating a totally unique wine.
From your first sip you’ll be hit with a luscious mouth-feel of marmalade, sweet nectar and butterscotch, with lingering fruit flavours combined with invigorating acidity and subtle spice.
With only 200 in existence from the best vintage in 10 years in the Adelaide Hills, this wine is sure to fly. If you want to turbo-charge your next dessert this is the wine for you!