WE'RE NOT SURE
Hand picked in the beautiful upper Hunter Valley, Ash has gently guided superb Shiraz fruit towards its finest destiny. After maturing slowly in French oak, the wine has aromas of sweet toasty oak, dark fruits, plums and earthy notes. The palate is a treat of dark fruits, chocolate and textured savoury tannins.
Stop here if you're after organic, single vineyard, seriously small scale wine production. With only 129 case in existence, sadly, this will be the last harvest of Shiraz from his family vineyard. Get in now because once it's gone... it’s gone.
It delivers all you could want from a classic mid-weight, savoury, and slightly earthy Hunter Valley Shiraz. Delicious! Jump at this amazing Angel price today and stock up!
WE'RE NOT SURE
From your first taste you’ll find lashings of raspberry and cherry aromas with a generous hint of toasty savoury oak and flavours driven by the darker fruits with the most beautiful structure and mouthfeel. Ah, yummm!
Ash has sourced this small-batch Shiraz from a traditional non-organic single vineyard in Upper Hunter called Merton Vineyard, 20 minutes away from the family vineyard.
Machine harvested in the cool of the night, crushed and de-stemmed, cold soaked to lock in colour and flavour and to slowly soak off tannins. Pressed to a stainless steel tank and left to settle before maturing in French oak barrels for 11 months to add texture and sweetness and then blended together before bottling.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- It's hard to beat treating yourself with a local red as you settle in for the evening. It's tougher yet to beat Ash's latest instalment of Shiraz Viognier - his treat for Angels straight from the Top Shelf! To top it all off, this single family vineyard stunner is certified organic.
- Each glass you pour will spill out aromas of lavender, oak spices and blueberries. The palate will send you into a spin with layers of sweet plums, raspberry and delightful savoury tannins to round it all out!
- Hand picked by Ash's team in the Upper Hunter Valley, he used whole berries and French Oak to maximise the potential of each gorgeous berry. Co-fermenting the Shiraz and Viognier varietals together integrated tannins and flavours as smoothly as possible. There was very limited production of this historically popular wine, so stock up today and then pop a couple in the cellar ready for winter!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Classic pear layers, apple and a touch of rose and nutmeg all contribute aromatic purity and intensity. The palate is fresh yet svelte and finishes with a rose petal flourish. This drop certainly has a hallmark of purity!
- Rod's latest Angel exclusive Pinot Gris is sourced from four distinct vineyard sites within the Hawke's Bay region which results in greater complexity. Both Rod and his top class growers enjoy an increasingly secure relationship having relied on each other for four years in a row, so Rod can restrict yields and delay picking to his preference. This professional trust is all thanks to the Naked model and ensures the end result is a perfectly ripe, yet relatively dry Pinot Gris.
- There is a lot of competition for Pinot Gris grapes among winemakers in Hawke's Bay, so volumes will always be limited. An absolute steal at under $14 for Angels, this flies off the Naked shelves every year so don't delay!
- Mike's detailed blend of grapes from five sub regions is an essential part of maintaining the style and quality of his Lay of the Land Sauvignon Blanc. He's sourced fruit from the best growers to optimise its natural quality and craft wines with minimal intervention.
- The Rapaura grapes give structure and a herbal lift and the Lower Wairau grapes gift the palate with passionfruit and floral notes. The Waihopai Valley component adds citrus drive and weight to the mouth feel. This magical combination translates to a seriously approachable and balanced drop to please any white wine lover!
- At under $11 for Angels, you will shock all your friends with this unbelievably tasty and pocket-friendly wine! The perfect wine to have stocked in the fridge for unexpected company.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Prepare for the ultimate hot weather drinking buddy to meet your lips! Scrumptious passionfruit and tropical guava notes will sing out, leading to a luscious body and juicy lime finish. Conditions in 2018 provided a long slow ripening period to ensure fully flavoursome grapes before harvest. This naturally reduced the acidity in the grapes to soften the wine and make it more approachable than most Sauvignon Blancs on the market.
- Certified organic grapes form the crucial foundation for Tapi's everlasting popularity! Single vineyard to boot, this outstanding wine comes straight to your glass direct from the peerless Wairau River valley floor in Marlborough NZ, one of the best places in the world to grow Sauvignon Blanc.
- Mark and Gus are true believers in letting nature take her course to ensure the best wine is produced, especially when the fruit is this good! The vertically integrated Naked model means Mark, Gus and their team can bring you the best quality organic NZ Sauvignon Blanc for half of the normal price. All this wrapped up with a gorgeous new label for under $16 Angel dollaridoos - happy days!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Nigel nurtures every drop of Art by Evoi wine from vine to bottle himself, turning out hand crafted, small batch Margaret River gold each vintage. His tiny operation is only possible with Angel backing!
- This smooth blend ties together layers of fruit and texture with every sip. It was fermented in tanks with some small portions in new French oak to achieve a silky mouth feel.
- Get ready to enjoy a fuller bodied SSB and very long finish that is guaranteed to appeal to all white wine lovers, even those who usually avoid Savvy's. A Reserve Margaret River gem at your doorstep for under $16?? Dive in!
- Jen's long awaited Rebel Chardonnay returns! Delicate citrus characters will greet your nose alongside subtle toasty oak. The palate is refreshing, with peaches and cream like flavours on the mid-palate, a lovely soft texture, and a long finish.
- Not too heavy, and not too light - it's just right! Stepping away from the traditional big, oaky, golden 90's style, this is a crisp and refreshing new spin on Chardonnay that can be enjoyed with or without food.
- Jen pulled out all the stops for this Rebel - around 20% barrel fermentation gives it the extra layer of complexity and depth that is hard to find at this price! Set your summer off with a bang... this wine will wing it's way to your Angel door for under $9! A little Naked miracle thanks to you.
- Rob has brought his Elevage Nero d'Avola back to blow your socks off once again! Nero is the next big thing on Australia's red wine stage, nipping at the heels of Shiraz for its drinkability and hardiness in hot climates. Pristine quality Riverina Nero d'Avola fruit was racked into a premium French oak to add richness and complexity.
- Your glass will show vibrant rouge with red hues and smell simply incredible! Think red cherry and dried herbs, complimented by hints of plum and delicate spice.
- Get in while stocks last, because Angels know a good thing when they see it. With a medium bodied palate, supple tannin structure and French oak influences, this unique drop has a long and gentle finish. Made in small quantities if it's anything like last vintage it won't be around for long.
- Marsanne is one of the lesser known white varieties of the world, with its home being the Northern Rhone area of France. It has been likened to Chardonnay without the ego, and can age superbly. The vineyard that Stu sourced these grapes from is probably the only planting in Margaret River - extremely rare!.
- Aromas of pear, butter, spice and nuts will jump from the glass! This Marsanne has a lovely textural palate, while retaining a delicious freshness and lightness.
- Made in super-tiny amounts. Angels looking for something ever so slightly - but exotically - different will snaffle this before it disappears.