- Who loves Merlot...you do! Well thousands of you do, since Angel investments have enabled this delicious return of a fresh, fruit driven and ever popular red wine from Thomas! Did we mention over 90% of the masses have rated it a huge thumbs-up to buy again?
- Crafted with serious TLC, the tannin in this wine is balanced with a good spread over the palate and a beautiful lifted nose of cherry ripe characters. Berries on the palate will perfectly accompany your favourite cheese platter or red meat meal.
- With a few years already in the bottle, this Merlot's characters have already started to develop and soften. It's certainly a wine to treat yourself with or to delight that special red-lover in your life any time!
Adam openly admits the secret to his wines are carefully selected vineyards, passionate grower partners and care and attention to detail in the winery.
This Merlot sourced from the Watervale sub-region of Clare Valley is a perfect example. Hints of tomato leaf, plum and tobacco flavours jump out of the glass.
Ten months in French oak has added complexity as it evolves beautifully in the bottle. This is a classic midweek pizza wine!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Jock Harvey is back at his blending best, bringing Shiraz to the fore and using a touch of Tempranillo and Grenache to round out the mouth feel of this completely moreish red!
- This classic McLaren Vale blend speaks of earthy tones and spice.It brings all the your favourite elements together seamlessly - an approachable, full bodied palate balanced with delectable layers of fruit.
- The last vintage of Jock's red blend rated a massive 93% buy-again from thousands of Angels, so dive in and see what the fuss is about!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- History tells us that putting the Spanish and the Portuguese in the same room is not a good idea. Luckily for Angels, doing it with these two grape varieties was a winning move! Ben allowed each variety to ferment separately but blended before moving to oak to let the flavours meld harmoniously (and without starting a war). Touriga notoriously is an absolute beast and needs other varieties to calm it down. Luckily, with the WA sun, it gets fully ripe and delivers a really rich fruit flavour. This is coupled with the spicy, chewy, red fruit flavours of the Tempranillo.
- The mouthfeel is soft, with ripe and intense flavours and fantastic structure that will allow the layers to develop over the next few years into something deliciously different. Try holding on to it for that long! Think juicy black berry fruits with hints of liquorice and dark chocolate that will tickle your tastebuds, complimenting the array of berry and oak aromas. While this wine is certainly drinkable in summer, the complexity and layers would go an absolute treat when it's cold outside.
- The Geographe wine region is pretty unique, with a great cooling maritime breeze that comes in from the West. This allows the grapes to achieve full ripeness in the WA sun without ever 'cooking' on the vine to get there. Ben has sourced grapes from vineyards that are owned by good friends. They'd rather provide grapes to him for this wine which highlights the varieties rather than sell at a higher price to some multinational giant where the fruit gets lost in a million litre blend. These grapes aren't being grown by many Geographe winemakers at all, so the pride in their work is evident!
- Steve's Merlot is not the kind to be labelled with the old sweet, fruity stereotype - it is brimming with structure and complexity. It is a stunning hand-crafted example of what Orange is quickly becoming famous for!
- You'll be reaching for a re-fill in no time, with classic qualities of plum, cherry, tobacco and herbal notes. Bucket loads of TLC has ensured extra depth, super soft tannins, a balanced mouth feel and a mouth-watering a savory finish. All this for under $17 will leave your hip pocket happy too!
- The batch was tiny (read: it won't last!) and was all matured in French barrique and puncheon barrels. Understandably, Steve wanted only the best treatment for such premium fruit from an absolute cracking vintage. Each mouthful will demonstrate why everyone went nuts last time over this new world cool-climate reds!
- The Santolin's Sangiovese brings an Italian spin to their Boy Meets Girl range; it is the main grape varietal used in traditional Tuscan Chianti blends. This tantalising drop is bright, savoury and easy drinking - ready to please any crowd!
- Showing a lovely balance of texture and length, this wine is medium bodied and will match an Italian feast wonderfully. You'll be enticed by earthy aromas of red fruits and plump savoury flavours on the palate.
- Allowing some breathing time before serving will reward you well. At under $9 a bottle, any red loving Angel would be wise to stock up as this drop will get you very excited for the next bottle!
- Inspired by his time working in Italy this wine is testimony to Drew’s love of the wine styles of that country and also to the passion of a local Central Ranges grower who has planted his entire vineyard with Italian varietals.
- A unique Australian blend of Piedmonte's 3 greatest red wine varieties, Nebbiolo, Barbera and Dolcetto. Oodles of charm, fruitiness and approachability with extra depth from the Barbera and a lick of tannin and structure from the Nebbiolo. Loads of bold fresh fruit and a nice bit of tannin to carry the flavours with just a hint of oak impact.
- It’s all about immediate appeal. Rosso is a red wine that you can drink on warmer days as well as on cosy winter nights. You’ll be able to crack this open as soon as it arrives at your door! Ready and drinkable from day one.
- Get ready for a Merlot from the young master Mobbs! This delightful parcel of red joy delivers in spades - classic flavours of plum, black cherries and a touch of oak influence will have you doing a happy dance especially for under $13 for Angels!
- The 2018 vintage was particularly outstanding for Merlot in the Central Ranges - warm ripening days and enough cool nights to ensure a scrumptious flavour structure was formed.
- This is definitely a red suited to the warmer months - plenty of fruit on the palate to keep you licking your lips, and with a softly finishing, light-medium mouth feel which ensures easy-drinking every time. Steve is on to a winner for Angels, so don't miss this little wonder, only made in small quantities!
Ben’s been longing to craft a premium Merlot for years but, in all honesty, simply couldn’t get enough grapes of the highest quality to justify the make - until now! Hand picked to guarantee only the most pristine bunches with vibrant fruit flavours are kept.
Gently matured in seasoned French oak to retain the intensely perfumed and naturally bright, black plum, dark cherry and blueberry aromas. Sooo richly flavoured with jubey fruit intensity and hints of sweet oak this is a premium, almost French-style, of Merlot.
With just a miserly 150 cases of Truffle Block Merlot in existence, you better get your skates!
- Get ready for extraordinary raspberry notes coupled with the classic grippy tannins of Sangiovese. This is a varietal that originated in Tuscany and is commonly used to create the region's world famous Chianti blend. In Australia it is fast gaining recognition as a brilliant food wine.
- Kevin sourced this wine from a single vineyard known for producing exquisite Sangiovese from the Padthaway, famous for it Italian varieties.
- The bottle will disappear fast once you've experienced each sip's long, savoury and elegant finish. Made in small quantities, smart Angels will secure their dose of this future Naked classic today before it's all drunk up!