Wow! A premium Spanish Rioja style red wine - straight from the Clare Valley in South Australia. Judy and Glen have some of the oldest Tempranillo grown in Australia. This wine has history on its side!
All three parts were made separately, received subtle ageing in French oak and then blended. This delectable red is overflowing with juicy fruit berry and plum flavours, and a hint of savoury spice. A wine of this calibre using fruit from these exceptional aged vines would normally sell for over $30 per bottle.
Incredibly food friendly and made for enjoying now or over the next 3-4 years. Great for Summer too! Twenty minutes in the fridge and this will be the perfect mainstay at all your BBQ’s!
- One of the quickest sellers on Naked's virtual shelves year in year out, this is a seriously sumptuous wine sure to please any red lover! It has a balanced medium weight, with a kick of pepper and spice to make it your ultimate food friendly red. The small percentage of Viognier is blended perfectly to add a perfumed lift.
- This creation just gets better every year as the Santolins prerfect their approach to the blend even more. One of their most recent vintages won Best Red Blend at the Victorian Wine Show, and Best Shiraz at the 2016 Winewise Championship - an invite only industry show. Talk about consistency!
- Filled with dark, brooding fruit and an elegant savoury backbone, the subtle sweet oak will keep you filling your glass again and again. All this is complemented by floral aromas and a savoury, earthy finish. Be sure to secure your parcel of red wine joy to prep for the upcoming winter nights. Grab a rug, snuggle by the fire & enjoy the fruits of your Angel dollars with this legendary Naked drop.
- Ri-who-so? Yes, you may not have heard of such a creature before. Ben's 2019 vintage of this classic Italian technique blends the old favourites. Think of a luscious, easy drinking and rich drop, with a rustic tannin-based mouth feel to boot. Oh and did we mention this wine has just ben certified organic!
- Ripasso refers to a winemaking method. Ben fermented scrumptious Margaret River juice with air dried Cabernet grape skins. Those grapes were ripened to sultanas for another wine, but with so much flavour left in their skins, they were perfect to add a kick to the Ripasso blend - they were 're-passed'.
- Ben's maverick reputation is widespread in the Margaret River. His inventive and experimental skills deserve to reach a wide audience. Angels are able to snap up this boundary pushing Aussie take on an Italian winemaking tradition for under $17 - a win for Ben and a win for you!
- Hamish's masterful blend will over-deliver once again, thanks to the excellent grapes with great depth of colour of flavour from the hallowed McLaren Vale.
- This alluring crimson-coloured wine is full of surprises. The scent of ripe cherry and dark plum will grab you as soon as you pour a glass, while hints of dusty sweet spice add an interesting layer.
- It’s bursting with ripe, juicy red fruit flavours, giving you a gorgeous plummy richness with just a sprinkling of liquorice and herbs.
- History tells us that putting the Spanish and the Portuguese in the same room is not a good idea. Luckily for Angels, doing it with these two grape varieties was a winning move! Ben allowed each variety to ferment separately but blended before moving to oak to let the flavours meld harmoniously (and without starting a war). Touriga notoriously is an absolute beast and needs other varieties to calm it down. Luckily, with the WA sun, it gets fully ripe and delivers a really rich fruit flavour. This is coupled with the spicy, chewy, red fruit flavours of the Tempranillo.
- The mouthfeel is soft, with ripe and intense flavours and fantastic structure that will allow the layers to develop over the next few years into something deliciously different. Try holding on to it for that long! Think juicy black berry fruits with hints of liquorice and dark chocolate that will tickle your tastebuds, complimenting the array of berry and oak aromas. While this wine is certainly drinkable in summer, the complexity and layers would go an absolute treat when it's cold outside.
- The Geographe wine region is pretty unique, with a great cooling maritime breeze that comes in from the West. This allows the grapes to achieve full ripeness in the WA sun without ever 'cooking' on the vine to get there. Ben has sourced grapes from vineyards that are owned by good friends. They'd rather provide grapes to him for this wine which highlights the varieties rather than sell at a higher price to some multinational giant where the fruit gets lost in a million litre blend. These grapes aren't being grown by many Geographe winemakers at all, so the pride in their work is evident!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This beautiful wine is sourced from three stunning sub regions of the Clare Valley. Each area is renowned for big flavour and intensity. Filled with tannins that give the wine a perfect framework, it's textural dimensions are accompanied by a phenomenally persistent finish.
- The nose packs a gamey punch with hints of strawberries, drawing you into the heavenly red world Adam has crafted. Best to lock a few of these in your basket quick before it's snapped up off the virtual shelves once again.
- Each drop brings savoury and complex elements that will have you licking your lips; think cherries and spices evolving into your glass. Thousands of Angels can't be wrong, scoring the last vintage a huge 95% buy-again rating!
- Aiming for a brutish Pinot Noir with a feminine twist, Nicky and her incredible Waipara team have simply nailed it. Single vineyard quality Pinot delivered to your door for under $22 is almost unheard of!
- The purity of fruit is amazing, allowing this wine to sing in the glass. You'll smell delightful spice and ripe cherries as you pour each glass! Balanced layers of fresh plums, blueberry and cardamom will follow with the robust tannin structure that gives this wine body and a lot of soul.
- Do yourself a favour and enjoy all that's on offer from this Dunnolly Pinot, which is consistently loved by thousands of other Angels!
- His top-selling, sky-high rated Shiraz has returned - cheers to that! Around half the fruit in this wine comes from his Father's vineyard in the Strathbogie Ranges, a cool climate region that is gives wine wonderful aromas. You'll enjoy red fruit, cocoa and pepper on the nose.
- Each sip is rich and smooth, and the berry flavours take on a lovely jube like character. This is a full bodied dry red, but with a juiciness which gives it an appealing softness. Sam's life is wine from dawn to dusk, so you know this wine is packed with all his TLC!
- Sam's the man when it comes to innovative small batch winemaking. He is a firm believer that the small batch approach produces higher quality wine with more character than simple big scale winemaking. This is the perfect wine great wine to have on hand, including for simple occasions like celebrating the end of the day.
- Sourced from the family vineyard in Wrattonbully, SA which is known for its Terra Rossa soils and world heritage listed caves, including some beneath this very vineyard!
- This Merlot is made to be an easy drinking, approachable wine; smooth and well rounded. It has rich, ripe plum and cherry flavours combined with subtle oak and velvety smooth tannins.
- Wrattonbully is a relatively young winemaking region but is fast becoming known for premium red wines. The last two vintages of this ball of fun Merlot rated through the roof with thousands of Angels, scoring a 95% buy-again rating. History is bound to repeat itself so don't miss out on this Top Shelf stunner!