This sophisticated Cabernet showcases the best Coonawarra has to offer - single vineyard, from a great vintage, aged to perfection over 5 years… but there’s very little available. One for the true red wine lover, if they're quick!
Luke selected the best fruit from the best vines in the 60 yr old vineyard where he grew up. Painstaking winemaking has been followed by a long snooze in top notch French oak for 2 years.
This wine just oozes class. Dark berries, intense liquorice and chocolate, and a savoury hit of spice and blackberry cassis. Earthy undertones with leather and tobacco are served up with a long, smooth finish. Just gorgeous.
- Coonawarra Cabernet is world renowned for its exceptional quality, and this is a prime example from Luke’s Northern Coonawarra vineyard. He's upheld his long term goal of only releasing his Top Shelf Cabernet once aged to perfection for 2 years in French oak.
Softer and fruit-driven, the cellaring has been done for you. Just sit back and enjoy its rich blackberry and plum flavours with a hit of savoury spice and mint. It's a smooth sip with chalky tannins and hint of oak on the long, lingering finish.
- The value simply can't be matched elsewhere and stocks will fly once again. Make no mistake, this is one delicious drop you'll want to snaffle!
- Sourced from the family vineyard called the ‘Cave Block’ in Wrattonbully, SA which is known for its Terra Rossa soils and world heritage listed caves, including some beneath this very vineyard!
- The climate in Wrattonbully produces a great mix of fruit and spice. Berry fruits and plum typically found in warmer climates is balanced with white pepper and spice found in cool climate Shiraz. This harmony is both unique and complex and produces a wine to please all Shiraz lovers.
- If you want a crowd pleaser, this is it. Soft, rich, generous and complex. If you like a Barossa style, give this a try. If you like an Adelaide Hills style, give this a try. If you like a cool climate Syrah, give this a try.
- Now here’s a great example of Chardonnay from Coonawarra where the cool climate lets the flavours and natural acidity grow together in harmony. A limited release, only made for Christmas!
- This elegant drop was made to be fresh and complex. There’s a hint of creaminess, and nuttiness from the oak, but it never overpowers the natural fruit flavours of ripe peach, melon and tropical fruits. And oh, what a lovely, lengthy, smooth finish!
- Luke’s winemaking career is decked in medals and awards. Don’t miss the chance to try this expertly crafted wine.