- Preservative free wine is wine that does not contain any added sulphur dioxide, which is the preservative normally used - so you won’t see any reference to ‘sulphites’ or ‘preservative 220’ on the back of Jock’s preservative free Shiraz.
- Get ready for a typically intense-flavoured McLaren Vale Shiraz - upfront fresh jubey dark berry fruits mingle seamlessly with a whisper of spicy oak and a beautiful looong finish.
- This delicious shiraz is just so damn gluggable and also perfect when ever-so-slightly chilled and matched with a rich seafood marinara pasta - and loads of crusty bread to mop up the plate!
- Westbound Cabernets is Ben Rector’s classic homage to the best wines coming out of Bordeaux, but with an Aussie twist! Let yourself go into a smooth, silky world where mellow Cabernet Sauvignon dances in perfect time with Merlot, Petit Verdot and Cabernet Franc. Aromas of tobacco, capsicum and raspberry will draw you in to a herbaceous palate with a medium bodied mouth feel. Anything this tasty will be shared around in the blink of an eye!
- A little bit of trivia? Cabernet Franc is not a blended wine itself - it is a single grape varietal, and historically one of the major players from Bordeaux, France. One day many years ago, Cab Franc met a single white grape by the name of Sauvignon Blanc, and after some viticultural brilliance, they gave birth to the one and only Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Pemberton is located way down south in W.A. It has already established a reputation for being one of the most exciting emerging wine regions. The climate is cool and the soils are rich red and fertile - perfect for growing incredibly flavour-filled grapes. Without the rest of the world glaring down on it with weighty expectation, Pemberton is able to deliver absolutely cracking wines at extraordinary value!
Hand picked from a premium single vineyard site in the Ferguson Valley, W.A. Whole bunch fermented and made in a French Beaujolais Nouveau style. Fresh and fruity and bottled early to deliver drinking pleasure!
Gamay is a super-cool variety that serves up classic aromas of red fruits and violets all with a hallmark acid crunchiness. Fine velvety tannins round out a seductive mouth filling palate that is rich, attractive and seriously gluggable! Perfecto wine for parties.
Still a rare planted variety in Oz it over delivers in spades and is pure pristine drinking pleasure!
P.s. checkout the back label to find Paul Nelson’s perfect Spotify playlist to enjoy with this wine.
WE'RE NOT SURE
The Pinot Noir was grown in South Australia's coolest maritime climate, Mount Gambier. Warm windy days in summer limit berry size and provide great flavour concentration, yet the cool nights help retain the natural grape acidity levels during the ripening period.
Deep velvety red in colour with bright and floral underlying cherry and new leather hints on the nose. Subtle charry notes and berry sweetness on the plate finishing with the perfect amount of lively spice to make the flavours linger.
Fermented in high quality 100% French oak barriques and 25% of them were new oak barrels. Altschwager & Kenneally have produced a high quality Pinot Noir from a burgeoning region for a sensational price.
- Having been involved in every step of the Margaret River's rise to world wide fame, Stuart knows the region inside out. He has blended this Top Shelf beauty with care and skill, leaving it to mature in French oak barriques for 24 months.
- Using specially selected fruit parcels, the wine captures ripe fruit flavours yet retains the distinctive perfume of Margaret River Cabernet Sauvignon, and the lush generosity of Merlot.
- The nose is rich and complex with a fresh hit of lifted red and blue berries, intermingled with subtle cedar notes from the oak. Tastes of mulberries, plums and blackberries are wrapped in soft tannins. This is a serious wine at a price around half that of it's comparable Stella Bella and Vasse Felix colleagues!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Wow! Hamish’s Winemakers Fantasy Exclusive Release Pinot Noir from the Adelaide Hills has hit the virtual Naked shelves! From the moment you crack the lid you’ll love the vibrant crimson colour with gorgeous ruby hues, fruit forward aromas, and hints of gorgeous bright strawberry, red cherry and savoury spice.
Hamish hand selected two separate parcels and fermented them separately. He matured one for around 9 months in high grade French oak and the other for 3 months to retain pristine fruit freshness. And then, when he blended it all together… delicious!
Get ready for a silky soft Pinot Noir with attractive primary flavours of red fruit and savoury spice, sitting upon a foundation of well-structured acidity, well-integrated premium oak and fine grained tannin.
- Angels couldn't get enough of last year's huge 93% rated Grenache, so it's back! This originally Spanish varietal has true finesse, and with Adam's TLC at every step of the winemaking process, he's put his own spin on this tantalising drop.
- The nose is perfumed with bright red fruits, while the crunchy medium bodied palate of ripe strawberries and sour cherries is balanced by savoury and textural nuances. Partial whole bunch fermentation brought about it's delicately complex layers.
- Angels have spoken and now it's here, a premium and unique Aussie Grenache at a delightfully diminished price. Jump in and get a little exotic..this red is the perfect pick me up after those afternoon siestas!
- Geoff has included the finest of each varietal to create this GSM treat, from the most suitable soil types in various McLaren sub-regions. The synergy of the three grapes creates a delicious drop that shines with all sorts of food! Antipasto anyone?
- Not to be mistaken for other overpowering reds from the region, the GSM is refined and delicate, with flavours balanced beautifully on the palate. Pretty raspberry and cherry flavours will sing out from your ruby coloured glass. It's complex earthiness leads to a lip-smacking long finish & will have you coming back for more...
- Championing one of the most underrated red grapes in Australia currently - Grenache - Geoff is proud to get this hand crafted beauty in to the hands of the Angels who have supported him so generously.
Grenache from the famed McLaren Vale region, from various vineyards across the region to give depth and character to the wine. Ranging from the more sandier soiled subregion of Blewitt Springs which produce more delicate, floral lifted notes. To heavier clay loam soils on the vale floor which produce more riper, red berry characters.
Nina & Kates style is to make an approachable, lifted, aromatic Grenache with an abundance of spice, luscious red fruit and not a hint of the over the top, confectionary tones which can so often be seen in this variety if left to over ripen. No oak required in this sassy vino, the sandy tannin structure and clean red berry fruit speak for themselves, making this medium weight wine so versatile and drinkable.
Be bold, be different and excite your taste buds (and your mate's) with some super delicious, spicy, sassy Grenache. Or just enjoy during the mid-week after a crazy day, but most of all we hope you enjoy it!
The fruit for this Grenache Shiraz Mourvedre blend was sourced from a lower elevation of the vineyard in a slightly warmer site to ensure that we get the full fruit ripeness needed for this style.
The fruit used to create this delicious blend was grown on ancient Terra Rossa soils which gives up bright, red fruit flavours in the wine. This is lusciously smooth and pairs with any number of dishes.
The Grenache is all up front and ripe juicy red berry fruits and spice; the Shiraz gives a fleshiness and the darker, blackberry hints and plums; and the Mourvedre holds everything together with a delicious chewy tannin structure and a beautiful flavour weight to the finish of the wine.