- Angels, back by popular demand, Brian's downright delicious Italian red returns! Sicily is the birthplace of the Nero d'Avola varietal, and this is exactly where Brian crafted his dream with the help of his trusted group of local winemaking pals. It was made organically, and perfectly balances tradition with easy-drinking new world expectations. In fact, there is no doubt that if you love Aussie Shiraz, you won't be able to get enough of this Sicilian blend.
- It is widely predicted that Nero d'Avola will be the next hero of Aussie reds, with vine plantings sky-rocketing here at home. This is no surprise with its scrumptious, lush, fruit-driven qualities and natural affinity for growing in the heat. It has fresh aromas of spicy fruit and dark cherry with a medium body and bright finish. Its medium alcohol level allows the flavours and aromas to pop out, rather than being overpowered. The juice has beautifully concentrated flavours, as Brian used both Nero d'Avola and Shiraz grapes from dry land vineyards in the west of Sicily where the island's most intense wines are produced.
- Get this in your basket while it's still around, especially if you're looking for a wine to nudge you just outside your usual cellar comfort zone! The approachable, dinner friendly style will be an instant hit with any red lover. Crafted authentically in southern Italy, there is no doubt this Angel exclusive punches well above its price point!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The grapes for my Poggio di Guardia come from one of the highest vineyards in Tuscany with 18-year old Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon vines. This Super Tuscan that will rival some of the best wines in the world.
- Poggio di Guardia is a deep purple-red, with spicy black pepper that opens up towards liquorice, mint and blueberries. It's pure silk and has a taste that will keep you coming back for more!
- The wine will start to show at its best from this point, and from then onwards it will only improve with age for decades to come!