WE'RE NOT SURE
Grenache from the famed McLaren Vale region, from various vineyards across the region to give depth and character to the wine. Ranging from the more sandier soiled subregion of Blewitt Springs which produce more delicate, floral lifted notes. To heavier clay loam soils on the vale floor which produce more riper, red berry characters.
Nina & Kates style is to make an approachable, lifted, aromatic Grenache with an abundance of spice, luscious red fruit and not a hint of the over the top, confectionary tones which can so often be seen in this variety if left to over ripen. No oak required in this sassy vino, the sandy tannin structure and clean red berry fruit speak for themselves, making this medium weight wine so versatile and drinkable.
Be bold, be different and excite your taste buds (and your mate's) with some super delicious, spicy, sassy Grenache. Or just enjoy during the mid-week after a crazy day, but most of all we hope you enjoy it!
- Jen's long awaited Rebel Chardonnay returns! Delicate citrus characters will greet your nose alongside subtle toasty oak. The palate is refreshing, with peaches and cream like flavours on the mid-palate, a lovely soft texture, and a long finish.
- Not too heavy, and not too light - it's just right! Stepping away from the traditional big, oaky, golden 90's style, this is a crisp and refreshing new spin on Chardonnay that can be enjoyed with or without food.
- Jen pulled out all the stops for this Rebel - around 20% barrel fermentation gives it the extra layer of complexity and depth that is hard to find at this price! Set your summer off with a bang... this wine will wing it's way to your Angel door for under $9! A little Naked miracle thanks to you.
- The perfect pick-me-up after a summer siesta, get ready for lively jasmine and lime zest aromas, balanced by lifted grapefruit and white peach. The textural palate has flavours of apple blossom, lemon myrtle and quince with mineral freshness and a persistent finish. Any lovers of a full bodied Sauvignon Blanc will love this!
- A fresh and interesting take on a classic Mediterranean style - you've definitely come across a must try here. Besides, at under $14 delivered to your door, you'd be mad to miss the opportunity to try one of the up and coming varietals on Aussie wine lists!
- Vermentino thrives in relatively warm climates, making NSW's Riverina the perfect setting to source fruit parcels. It is a light skinned grape that has the ability to produce wines with firm acidity and good flavour. So, start the long summer nights with this treat from Adrian & Rebecca. They know how to party and have crafted this with summer lovin' in mind!
- The Santolin's Sangiovese brings an Italian spin to their Boy Meets Girl range; it is the main grape varietal used in traditional Tuscan Chianti blends. This tantalising drop is bright, savoury and easy drinking - ready to please any crowd!
- Showing a lovely balance of texture and length, this wine is medium bodied and will match an Italian feast wonderfully. You'll be enticed by earthy aromas of red fruits and plump savoury flavours on the palate.
- Allowing some breathing time before serving will reward you well. At under $9 a bottle, any red loving Angel would be wise to stock up as this drop will get you very excited for the next bottle!
This isn’t your average Sauvy. A delicious, textural white wine made in the style of a red. Grape juice left in contact with grape skins, pulling out flavour and tannin. Left cloudy intentionally for more flavour. Known around the traps as an “orange” wine, due to the colour.
This wine brings a textural experience in both appearance and feel, with zippy acidity and a fruit flavour profile of grapefruit, lemon and pineapple that transcends robust depths and subtle heights. Ahhh, yum!
Leighton makes wine on the edge, pushing the envelope and looking to make wines that challenge convention. Totally unique, for those interested in expanding their wine knowledge.
- Grown on the infamous Major Plains vineyard this wine sets the bar high! The vineyard is dry grown (No irrigation) and produces a very small crop of intensly coloured and flavoured fruits.
- An impressive inky depth fills your glass with a purple rim. A great intensity of flavour, including red fruits and black pepper: along with chocolate and coconut from time spent in new barrels. You will be blown away by this masterpeice!
- A rich and powerful palate highlights the complex structure of the wine. There are slight tannins but overall an impression of velvet and richness which make the wine lovely to drink. The wine has great length of flavour.
- A HUGE 90% rating on the last vintage made it clear this red was the ultimate crowd pleaser. Sourced from different vineyards, each varied site brings a different character to the wine. Combined, they make for a complex, powerful and satisfying wine for under $10!
- Jen's Tempranillo has a vibrant purpley red colour with dark cherry and red berries exploding from the glass followed by spicy overtones. The palate is medium bodied and juicy, with hints of chocolate to really send you in to a spin.
- This Tempranillo is THE perfect food wine, perfect to match with anything and everything savoury. It has a moreish, long finish with gorgeous tannins. Stock up on this classic Rebel red today!
The last vintage of this Merlot scored a HUGE 96% rating and sold out before we could say Diamond! Jen has delivered a true beauty once again, hand crafted all the way from vineyard to winery with gentle TLC and time spent in the very best French Oak.
With no hint of the light style Merlot stereotype in sight, this iron fist in a velvet glove could be the one to convert Shiraz drinkers over to the joys of Merlot. Rich and juicy red berry and dark cherry fruit will greet your lips, extending to a lovely soft, plush palate of gentle spices and toasty oak. A long fine tannin structure gives power and strength to finish.
- This is a Merlot with muscle! Jen's Diamond range is her top tier. You'd be hard pressed to find another Merlot for $20 that can compete with the depth and fullness of flavour you'll discover in this bottle!
- Back in the hands of Angels, Jen's 2017 vintage Hero Cabernet Merlot is posied to steal the show once again! Your glass will take on a lovely dark red colour, and display incredible red berry, dry herbs and violet perfumes. The palate is generous and juicy, with vibrant berry and cherry fruit, a lusciously supple mouth feel and a long tasty finish.
- In Jen's words: "As my Naked journey has continued, my growers have gained the confidence in the market to put all the inputs into the vineyard, which results in happy vines and delicious grapes. This subsequently means better wines and better value for Angels. But then again, that is the Naked way, isn't it!"
- Each of the three Heathcote, Rutherglen and King Valley parcels were ripened at different stages and picked at varying intervals to be made into wine separately by Jen, before being blended to perfection. The Hero range are the next step up from the Rebel range, giving you the max quality for minimal dosh - enjoy!
Jen's Diamond Cab Sauv received the Rolls Royce treatment every step of the way from vine to bottle. Made using only the best parcels of fruit, it was handcrafted in tiny batches and matured in the finest of French oak.
Truly a powerful wine, it is packed with upfront black berry fruits with hints of mint and dried herbs lingering on the long finish. Such a lovely texture on the palate with a great depth and dark berry flavours that'll have you coming back for more!
Last years release scored a massive 94% buy-again rating and sold out quickly! It's nigh impossible to find a wine of this quality for under $20 anywhere else, so why not make the most of your Angel backing and stock up on a couple of these Top Shelf treasures.