WE'RE NOT SURE
- The return of this Angel favourite shows off just what Rory can do with your backing! Ruby red in colour, it is oozing with juicy berries - certainly a wine that will have red lovers everywhere licking their lips and asking for more.
- The aromas include lifted cherries, plum and mint with gorgeous twists of spice, vanilla and toasty oak.
- The footwork of the wine is mind-blowing; as the palate brings you an abundance of sweet fruit characters, layers of mocha and spices from the oak along with smooth tannins and a generous length to end it all. Too good!
- Ri-who-so? Yes, you may not have heard of such a creature before. Ben's 2018 vintage of this classic Italian technique blends the old favourites Cabernet, Merlot and Shiraz. Think of a luscious, easy drinking and rich drop, with a rustic tannin-based mouth feel to boot.
- Ripasso refers to a winemaking method. Ben fermented scrumptious Margaret River juice with air dried Cabernet grape skins. Those grapes were ripened to sultanas for another wine, but with so much flavour left in their skins, they were perfect to add a kick to the Ripasso blend - they were 're-passed'.
- Ben's maverick reputation is widespread in the Margaret River. His inventive and experimental skills deserve to reach a wide audience. Angels are able to snap up this boundary pushing Aussie take on an Italian winemaking tradition for under $16 - a win for Ben and a win for you!
- Get ready for a Merlot from the young master Mobbs! This delightful parcel of red joy delivers in spades - classic flavours of plum, black cherries and a touch of oak influence will have you doing a happy dance especially for under $13 for Angels!
- The 2018 vintage was particularly outstanding for Merlot in the Central Ranges - warm ripening days and enough cool nights to ensure a scrumptious flavour structure was formed.
- This is definitely a red suited to the warmer months - plenty of fruit on the palate to keep you licking your lips, and with a softly finishing, light-medium mouth feel which ensures easy-drinking every time. Steve is on to a winner for Angels, so don't miss this little wonder, only made in small quantities!
Ben’s been longing to craft a premium Merlot for years but, in all honesty, simply couldn’t get enough grapes of the highest quality to justify the make - until now! Hand picked to guarantee only the most pristine bunches with vibrant fruit flavours are kept.
Gently matured in seasoned French oak to retain the intensely perfumed and naturally bright, black plum, dark cherry and blueberry aromas. Sooo richly flavoured with jubey fruit intensity and hints of sweet oak this is a premium, almost French-style, of Merlot.
With just a miserly 150 cases of Truffle Block Merlot in existence, you better get your skates!
The last vintage of this Merlot scored a HUGE 95% rating and sold out before we could say Diamond! Jen has delivered a true beauty once again, hand crafted all the way from vineyard to winery with gentle TLC and time spent in the very best French Oak.
With no hint of the light style Merlot stereotype in sight, this iron fist in a velvet glove could be the one to convert Shiraz drinkers over to the joys of Merlot. Rich and juicy red berry and dark cherry fruit will greet your lips, extending to a lovely soft, plush palate of gentle spices and toasty oak. A long fine tannin structure gives power and strength to finish.
- This is a Merlot with muscle! Jen's Diamond range is her top tier. You'd be hard pressed to find another Merlot for $20 that can compete with the depth and fullness of flavour you'll discover in this bottle!
- If you're after the perfect lunch time companion, look no further! Ben has crafted a palate of fresh berries that is soft and creamy, making your tastebuds tingle and providing a crisp finish. No doubt you'll be coming back for another glass!
- Ben has let the grapes do the work, simply crushing and pressing them before leaving them to wild ferment. This allows the final product to express the true qualities of the incredible Margaret River region.
- Why not lap up all this stunning Rosé has to offer today, especially at under $13 for Angels! Serving it slightly chilled will help bring in summer in just right! It's gorgeous pale pink colour is your cue to enter a world of indulgence.
- The 2019 vintage is off to a flying start, with Thomas' highly anticipated Rosé back on the virtual shelves. This treat is packed with quality Merlot direct from the beautiful banks of the Goulburn River.
- The wine is made from single vineyard grapes, picked early to capture the fruit's natural vibrancy and acidity. Thomas left the wine on skins for just the right number of hours to lock in it's perfectly pink colour. Aromas of berries and Turkish delight are too good to resist!
- The palate will simply delight - not sweet but rather a balanced, dry and fruit driven experience to please any fan of easy drinking wines. At under $11, Angels can exclusively enjoy this young, fresh and crisp Rosé for an absolute steal.
- Punching well above its price point, this incredible Rosé is exclusively for the Angels who have backed Ash on his organic wine making journey. Savoury in style, there are plenty of berry layers on the palate. Aromatics of strawberries and musk lift from the glass with raspberry and cherry complimenting a dry, crisp finish.
- You won't want to put your glass down once it's full of this gorgeous organic, single vineyard drop from the cool climate region of Orange in NSW. Picked early to keep flavour in perfect balance and bottled early to lock in freshness - what could be better?!
- This is the first instalment of Rosé from the well loved Little Jack range and the wine speaks for itself - Ash has delivered his hallmark quality in spades! A highly versatile food wine, you'll need no excuse to crack this bottle of deliciousness open.
- Andrew's Hilltops Merlot will deliver bold mulberry and plum fruit layers, with hints of complex oak notes. The wine is full, ripe and richly textured.
- Hilltops is a wine region surrounding but the town of Young which has an altitude of 439m. This means cool nights coupled wih warm days, leading to smooth reds that are powerful yet elegant with proven age-ability.
- There is very little Merlot grown in Hilltops and the conditions are perfect for the formation of bright berry flavours and succulent tannins. Get in on this unique treat today. Full of deep, ripe fruit characters, it will quickly become a crowd pleaser!
Thanks to some new WA plantings this Merlot has a richer more distinct dark chocolate-like structure and flavour than your run of the mill Merlot.
The difference is in the quality of the fruit. Deep purple in colour and rich,fragrant aromas leap out of the glass. Medium bodied with silky fine tannins and the flavours just go on and on!
Absolutely cracking value and a bit of a rarity to see a merlot of this quality as a stand alone variety.