WE'RE NOT SURE
- Bill & Claudia have done it again, showing off all the wonderment the Marlborough has to offer. This wine combines grapes from two of the areas most renowned sub-regions, the Awatere and Wairau Valleys.
- Cool fermenting helped retain the hallmark vibrant aromas and flavours of Marlborough fruit. Citrus and melon aromas leap from the glass before the crisp and dry palate delights with lively fruit layers. This baby is utterly drinkable...sunshine in a bottle!
- The last vintage scored a whopping 94% buy-again rating from thousands our beloved Angels, which is pretty tough to argue with! Of course, the fact that Angels can get this quality Marlborough drop at an unbelievably low price is another reason why it's hard to ignore. Don't fight it, go wild and lap up all the fun this wine has to offer.
- Bill and Cladia Small love bringing you extra-special wines, and this is one to out do the others. The long awaited return of their precious Penelope Reserve range delivers hand crafted quality you can taste! Named after their daughter, the Penelope Reserve ties together pristine fruit with an immense pride in their home winemaking region.
- A complex bouquet of violets, cherries and savoury notes introduce you to the mind-blowing palate, full of dark fruits and lingering flavours. Each sip is full-bodied yet elegantly structured, showing off the famously delicate traits of this gorgeous grape varietal.
- On traditional in-store shelves, it is near impossible to find a top class NZ Pinot Noir for under $40. Look no further - Angel funding has made yet another winemaking and drinking miracle possible. Why not reap the rewards of your backing and cheers to family with this Top Shelf, single vineyard wine!
- This Pinot Noir is helping to change the game, letting the Marlborough's red strengths shine through along side it's famous Sauv Blancs. The cool climate where Bill & Claudia have sourced these grapes from are perfectly suited to the whims of Pinot Noir, probably the most fickle of the leading varietals.
- Every flavour box is ticked! Heady aromas of violets and cherries, and a palate that's medium-bodied, with fine tannins and a lingering savoury finish. Low yields and careful attention to detail provided terrific fruit from the 2017 harvest!
- This is a treat that over delivers at every level - small batch, hand picked, wild yeast fermented, hand plunged, then matured for 10 months in oak barrels prior to bottling. What more could a wine for under $19 deliver? Almost unheard of! It must be Naked...
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Say hello to the adventurous future of Marlborough wine! Bill & Claudia lovingly selected low yielding, old vines from a small Marlborough site, choosing to ferment in oak barrels (8% new), with a mix of cultured and wild yeasts, then maturing the wine in barrel for 10 months prior to bottling. Yep...oaked Sauvignon Blanc!
- Get ready for classic Marlborough aromas of passionfruit and citrus, with underlying notes of smokey, bacon characters gifted by the oak. The palate is at once fresh and crisp, but also full flavoured, complex and lingering. Yummmm! Equivalent wines are hard to come by, and are almost always twice as much as this Angel price.
- Mother nature has put the kibosh on the Small's making this wine on more than one occasion, so they feel privileged to get the 2017 vintage in to the hands of Angels. Historically a quick seller, this Top Shelf treat is made in tiny quantities so be sure not to miss out!
- Direct from one of the world's premier cool climate wine producing regions, prepare your Angel lips for a palate full of crunchy pear flavours and lifted aromas of peach and nectarine. All this will leave you smiling through a crisp and lingering finish.
- Picked at optimum maturity in both the Wairau and Awatere Valleys, the Smalls have locked in a bright and luscious balance of flavour. They've crafted a style that avoids excessive sweetness or alcohol, showing of the fruit driven delights you know and love!
- This is the first addition to Bill & Claudia's Naked portfolio since 2013, and at under $14 for Angels it will no doubt fly off the shelves! Pop a bottle or three in your basket today and see what all the fuss is about, you can't go wrong!
- The one and only Et Al. is back! The Smalls have chosen to blend Pinot Gris and Pinot Blanc in order to chase down their dream of making a wine that is truly representative of their beloved home in the Marlborough. The two varietals were managed according to organic principals and independently accredited as organic, then harvested and fermented together. It's been a blend from day dot!
- Bill & Claudia love the freedom of creating blends, as they have less baggage of strict grape varietal expectations. Taking on their Angel feedback (big thanks to YOU), the Smalls have gone for a more elegant structure style this year. There's more crispness and less sweetness, but still with lovely intense flavours of ginger and green apple and pear.
- This is the perfect white to keep as a standby for those asian takeaway nights, and far better value that the house white at your local! This wine proves that the Marlborough is a prime region for cool climate varietals other than Sauvignon Blanc. With enough quality to age, it's a white as unique as a snowflake! Get your hands on a few bottles before this precious gem is all gone.
Bill & Claudia Small bring to Naked our first ever Noble Riesling. A golden wine, with aromas of marmalade and straw. The palate is rich and sweet, but also juicy and refreshing. This will blow your mind!
Fermentation takes a really long time, but good things come to those who wait! This wine sits at 230 g/l sugar and 9.0 % alc, giving a full flavoured and properly sweet wine, but a lovely zing of acid on the finish.
With only 150 cases in existence, this absolutely teeny tiny volume will fly from the virtual shelves. Pop a bottle or three in your basket today and see what all the fuss is about, you can't go wrong!