WE'RE NOT SURE
Stuey's oh-so-popular blend returns! It is simply bursting with plush fruity goodness! Get ready for a medium bodied drop, with a full and rich mid palate, fleshy fruits and a lingering finish. All individual batches of Grenache, Shiraz and Mataro grapes were open fermented separately, basket pressed then matured separately in French and American oak hogsheads for almost a year. These four blokes treat grapes like gold, paying full respect to the grape growing families who produced the beautiful fruit.
Stylistically it is very typical of Barossa GSM blends - a very honest "wine of the village" where the emphasis is on approachable fruit layers and soft tannins. Guaranteed to provide a warm and inviting look at why the Barossa is so special. The only difference is just how sensational the value for your money is - many similar Barossa GSM blends ask a much higher price.
Under $15 Angel price for a hand made, artisanal scale wine, lovingly crafted barrel by barrel the old fashioned way, you've never seen anything quite like this before! By supporting Four Men and a Shed you are supporting a passionate group of farming families from the most recognised region in Australia, who nurture their vines all year round, generation after generation. Go on...find some friends, find some food then add GSM to help find the fun!
- Jock Harvey is back at his blending best, bringing Grenache to the fore and using a touch of Shiraz to round out the mouth feel of this completely moreish red!
- This classic McLaren Vale blend speaks of earthy tones and spice.It brings all the your favourite elements together seamlessly - an approachable, full bodied palate balanced with delectable layers of fruit.
- The last vintage of Jock's red blend rated a massive 93% buy-again from thousands of Angels, so dive in and see what the fuss is about!
- Geoff has channeled all his years of skill, which you know and love from his Lodestar range, into the launch of his brand new label - Grounded Cru! He's included the finest of each varietal to create this GSM treat, from the most suitable soil types in various McLaren sub-regions. The synergy of the three grapes creates a delicious drop that shines with all sorts of food! Antipasto anyone?
- Not to be mistaken for other overpowering reds from the region, the GSM is refined and delicate, with flavours balanced beautifully on the palate. Pretty raspberry and cherry flavours will sing out from your ruby coloured glass. It's complex earthiness leads to a lip-smacking long finish & will have you coming back for more...
- Championing one of the most underrated red grapes in Australia currently - Grenache - Geoff is proud to get this hand crafted beauty in to the hands of the Angels who have supported him so generously. He credits Angels for perpetuating Naked's virtuous cycle & giving him complete winemaking autonomy - cheers to that!
The fruit for this Grenache Shiraz Mourvedre blend was sourced from a lower elevation of the vineyard in a slightly warmer site to ensure that we get the full fruit ripeness needed for this style.
The fruit used to create this delicious blend was grown on ancient Terra Rossa soils which gives up bright, red fruit flavours in the wine. This is lusciously smooth and pairs with any number of dishes.
The Grenache is all up front and ripe juicy red berry fruits and spice; the Shiraz gives a fleshiness and the darker, blackberry hints and plums; and the Mourvedre holds everything together with a delicious chewy tannin structure and a beautiful flavour weight to the finish of the wine.