- Coby Ladwig’s Shiraz returns with a bang, after a massive 93% buy it again rating! Grown in the cool-climate Frankland River region, one of Western Australia's hidden gems that massively overdelivers on quality.
- Perfect summer ripening has packed this luscious red with upfront characters of blackberries and plums that flow through to rich, smooth, voluptuous mouth filling flavours - all with a hint of spice. Yummm!
- It has been crafted to enjoy now, is really approachable and a seriously good food wine - but it’ll cellar well for another 10 years too! Match it to a whole array of different dishes, from your next BBQ right through to a hearty beef curry.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Grenache from the famed McLaren Vale region, from various vineyards across the region to give depth and character to the wine. Ranging from the more sandier soiled subregion of Blewitt Springs which produce more delicate, floral lifted notes. To heavier clay loam soils on the vale floor which produce more riper, red berry characters.
Nina & Kates style is to make an approachable, lifted, aromatic Grenache with an abundance of spice, luscious red fruit and not a hint of the over the top, confectionary tones which can so often be seen in this variety if left to over ripen. No oak required in this sassy vino, the sandy tannin structure and clean red berry fruit speak for themselves, making this medium weight wine so versatile and drinkable.
Be bold, be different and excite your taste buds (and your mate's) with some super delicious, spicy, sassy Grenache. Or just enjoy during the mid-week after a crazy day, but most of all we hope you enjoy it!
- Grown on the infamous Major Plains vineyard this wine sets the bar high! The vineyard is dry grown (No irrigation) and produces a very small crop of intensly coloured and flavoured fruits.
- An impressive inky depth fills your glass with a purple rim. A great intensity of flavour, including red fruits and black pepper: along with chocolate and coconut from time spent in new barrels. You will be blown away by this masterpeice!
- A rich and powerful palate highlights the complex structure of the wine. There are slight tannins but overall an impression of velvet and richness which make the wine lovely to drink. The wine has great length of flavour.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Paul and Ralph have started their Naked journey off with a bang launching their aged Barossa Shiraz to all Angels. The growing season produced grapes with great aromatics, sensational fruit flavours and good acidity.
Delicious aromas of morello cherry, dried plum, anise and cedar oaky notes drive through to rich deep flavours of plum, raspberry, blackcurrant and chocolatey mocha. The finest of savoury tannins and hints of sweet oak all combine to round out this beautifully refined, super-generous wine.
SCRIBE Barossa Shiraz will sell very quickly. Once it’s gone it’ll be a long wait until the next vintage. Don’t miss out on your chance to try an aged Barossa Shiraz at an extraordinary price.
Sam’s super single-vineyard Shiraz comes from the Gentle Annie vineyard near Dookie in Central Victoria. This relatively dry site produces a low yielding crop of very small berries, giving a deeply coloured wine with extraordinary concentration of flavour.
The fruit was harvested over the first three weeks in March which produced a range of flavours from the early pick being more peppery through to the more richer jammy later parcels.
This superb shiraz has an incredibly deep red colour showing a youthful vibrant magenta at the edges. It has great intensity of flavour with blueberry fruits, along with a sweet spice and almost a chocolatey note. This is a beautifully balanced wine with great intensity of flavour finishing with silky fine grained tannins.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Ever since launch day two years ago, Dolan & Dunn’s sublime red has sold out in a flash. Now, one of the most eagerly anticipated wines returns to the Naked shelves exclusively for Angels. You simply cannot get a more experienced or powerful Australian winemaking team than this. At all. Anywhere!
This elegant, robust, delicious wine has Barossa character and richness stamped all over it. Gear up for a plush, luscious palate with hints of loganberry, mulberry, blackberry and a touch of cherry and fennel-seed spiciness. Juicy fruit mingles with subtle oak driving to a finish that lasts and lasts… pick that chin up off the floor!
Under $19 for this deliciousness is an Angel-only privilege. Caroline and Nigel have over 60 years of brilliant Barossa winemaking experience between them and, extraordinarily, had never made a wine together...until NOW!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- A blend of Shiraz, Cabernet and Malbec, this is a truly rich wine with blackberry, plum and cherry fruit on the nose supported by a soft and rich palate with firm tannins. It's an undeniable crowd pleaser!
- Top Shelf class for under $18 and with a huge Angel following from past vintages, there is no doubt this will have you smiling from ear to ear. Adam has pumped up every element using top quality fruit so that you can enjoy full flavour, balanced texture and have your guests asking where/what/how??!
- Another cracking star in Adam's line-up of reds that champion different winemaking regions of South Australia, this is likely to top any red lover's list of go-to classics!
- In 2017, Sam and his team have reached their goal after years of flourishing in the world of Naked thanks to Angel support..that's right, they've had the opportunity to open an incredible new cellar door! His top-selling, sky-high rated Shiraz has returned - cheers to that! Around half the fruit in this wine comes from his Father's vineyard in the Strathbogie Ranges, a cool climate region that is gives wine wonderful aromas. You'll enjoy red fruit, cocoa and pepper on the nose.
- Each sip is rich and smooth, and the berry flavours take on a lovely jube like character. This is a full bodied dry red, but with a juiciness which gives it an appealing softness. Sam's life is wine from dawn to dusk, so you know this wine is packed with all his TLC!
- Sam's the man when it comes to innovative small batch winemaking. The creative techniques he uses take more work than a single big ferment, but allows the process to be tailored for each unique parcel of grapes. Sam is a firm believer that the small batch approach produces higher quality wine with more character than simple big scale winemaking. This is the perfect wine great wine to have on hand, including for simple occasions like celebrating the end of the day.
- Anthony's winemaking love affair with Shiraz has endured since the early 80's, propelled by his friend Kym's unparalleled local growing expertise.
- Kym's passing in 2013 rocked the winemaking Victorian community, and years on Angels can get an insight to just how good he was. Few tributes could befitt Kym more than a wine like this - it is charming, generous and full of life.
- A flavoursome, powerful treat with a balanced mouth feel, this classic aged Shiraz will be an unforgettable addition to the case of any Red lover!
- Aussie wine royalty Caroline Dunn has just released her very own, her very first, small batch of Barossa red deliciousness. And it’s one of the Barossa Valley’s most beguiling varieties - Mataro! Her fresh uncomplicated approach to winemaking allows the fruit to speak for itself.
- Red by Caroline Dunn Mataro is an expressive, graceful and captivating wine. Complex dark purple fruits, savoury notes, exotic spices and hints of violet florals on the nose follow through to a sleek, supple and lively palate. It is medium-bodied, with plenty of soft, generous flavour and long, silky satiny tannins.
- This bright, modern Barossa Valley red features plenty of fruit and a smooth, supple palate on release. Sourced from vineyards in Stonewell and Light Pass - it’s got a stunning pedigree.
- Like all of Caroline’s hand-crafted creations, this one won’t be around for long, you’ll have to get your skates on!