- Grown on the infamous Major Plains vineyard this wine sets the bar high! The vineyard is dry grown (No irrigation) and produces a very small crop of intensly coloured and flavoured fruits.
- An impressive inky depth fills your glass with a purple rim. A great intensity of flavour, including red fruits and black pepper: along with chocolate and coconut from time spent in new barrels. You will be blown away by this masterpeice!
- A rich and powerful palate highlights the complex structure of the wine. There are slight tannins but overall an impression of velvet and richness which make the wine lovely to drink. The wine has great length of flavour.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Tim Smith’s ’The Kick’ Shiraz is sure to impress! Get ready for lashings of opulent lush fruit that speaks directly of its postcode.
A premium shiraz that is undeniably Barossa - aged in older oak it’s beautifully juicy, with a fine structure and palate weight. It has all the great attributes of Barossa Shiraz - lifted plummy berry fruits with a touch of cedary-like oak aromas - yummm!
With only 500 cases in existence this is sure to disappear from the Naked shelves in the twinkling of an Angel eye.
- Dive in to a little bit of Naked history! The premier Naked release of this stunning Whitegate Vineyard treat is the result of a long passion filled project by Sam. Get a slice of incredibly priced full bodied perfection in your case today!
- Prepare for wondrous red fruits, sweet spices and violet notes, with a touch of blueberry, chocolate and even a meaty savoury character. The fruit for this was sourced from Sam's elevated and cool family vineyard in the Strathbogie Ranges of Central Victoria, which has an extraordinary history of producing quality Shiraz.
- Sam and his team went big and fun on this project, experimenting with whole bunch fermentation and small Viognier touches to perfect the intense flavours and balanced mouth feel. The cousin Shiraz of Sam's other Top Shelf red masterpieces, there is absolutely no doubt this will be an instant classic among Angels
- Hand grown and picked by Tait Hamilton whose family vineyard is on the prestige soils of Heathcote. Tait is a hardworking and careful grower, and he has a site which is an incredible gift from nature!
- Your glass will be boldly coloured with youthful magenta on the rim. Scrumptious layers of plum, blackberries, chocolate and raisins will sing along with earthy, peppery hints. Tannins are ripe and plush, lending texture to round out each powerful, flavour packed slurp!
- The low pH of Tait's fruit is associated with bright colour and 'stable' wine which can almost make itself with minimal intervention - the challenge is not messing up the natural gift. The wine is full bodied with warmth from ripe fruit and subsequent high alcohol. Time spent in new an one year old oak barrels has given it a moreish, smokey finish. Go on, treat yourself to the tip-top of Naked's shelves!
- Adam sourced these grapes from Seaview and Clarendon vineyards in the renowned McLaren Vale. The end result in a sumptuous looking wine - deep purple, almost black in colour. You'll be blown away with aromas of black currants and white pepper, with hints of dark chocolate and nutmeg.
- Each sip will be a rich mouthful, with firm tannins that give the wine power as well as an irresistible persistence of flavour. This bottle will take you deep into Adam's world of sky-high Angel rated range of Reds & out the other side happier for the delicious experience.
- The last vintage scored a mind blowing 95% buy-again rating from Angels - who could argue with that?! Get in quick before this McLaren beauty is all snapped up once again.
- Any red lover would be mad to miss this experience! Not for the faint hearted, Hamish has crafted this wine to be full, ripe and brooding. Aromas of red berry and cherry ensures nearby mouths will be watering.
- Upfront characters of ripe dark berries with just a hint of savoury, earthy spice, a charismatic lick of aniseed and delightfully soft, fine grained tannins.
- Ruby red hues draw crowds near, so be sure to stock up with a stow away bottle for after the party! With its stunning Angel price and glowing character, why not take a walk on the wild side?
WE'RE NOT SURE
Simon ‘Sorby’ Adams is a Barossa legend. This super premium shiraz is modelled after a wine extremely close to his heart. Yep, he made the iconic Yalumba Octavius from inception in 1988 right through to 1999.
Juicy, rich and supple with a complex mix of red and blue berries and an underlying power of mocha and coffee. This delicious character is a direct result of maturation in the oak that has been extra air dried prior to barrel making.
Amazing length of flavour and richness on the palate and a long future that will reward cellaring for 15 years.
- This deep, brooding character is just like the place it came from - the inspirational Engine Room! Hamish's masterful blend will over-deliver to its Angel fans once again. Overall 2017 fruit quality was excellent with great balance and depth of colour of flavour.
- With an alluring crimson hue, the Engine Room Shiraz Tempranillo is a beautiful wine full of delicate surprises. Scents of ripe cherries and dark plum abound, while hints of dusty sweet spice add interest and appeal.
- Ripe, juicy red fruits combine on the palate to create a gorgeous plummy richness with just a sprinkling of liquorice and herbs.
- The 2017 Durif vintage was excellent with cool, mild weather allowing perfect, even, ripening in the Riverina.
- You’ll be in awe of the impenetrably deep red colour with purple hues and then the intense aromas of black cherry and violets backed up by full-bodied flavours of rich plum and dark chocolate will make you an immediate fan!
- Rob’s first release of Durif is sure to send you into a spin. Great weather, excellent fruit and precision craftsmanship combine brilliantly to create this show-stopper.
- In 2017, Sam and his team have reached their goal after years of flourishing in the world of Naked thanks to Angel support..that's right, they've had the opportunity to open an incredible new cellar door! His top-selling, sky-high rated Shiraz has returned - cheers to that! Around half the fruit in this wine comes from his Father's vineyard in the Strathbogie Ranges, a cool climate region that is gives wine wonderful aromas. You'll enjoy red fruit, cocoa and pepper on the nose.
- Each sip is rich and smooth, and the berry flavours take on a lovely jube like character. This is a full bodied dry red, but with a juiciness which gives it an appealing softness. Sam's life is wine from dawn to dusk, so you know this wine is packed with all his TLC!
- Sam's the man when it comes to innovative small batch winemaking. The creative techniques he uses take more work than a single big ferment, but allows the process to be tailored for each unique parcel of grapes. Sam is a firm believer that the small batch approach produces higher quality wine with more character than simple big scale winemaking. This is the perfect wine great wine to have on hand, including for simple occasions like celebrating the end of the day.