WE'RE NOT SURE
Caroline Dunn is Aussie wine royalty and her small batch of Barossa red deliciousness returns! Mataro is one of Barossa valley’s most beguiling varieties and her fresh winemaking approach lets the fruit speak for itself.
This Mataro is an expressive, graceful and captivating wine. Complex dark purple fruits, savoury notes, exotic spices and hints of violet florals on the nose follow through to a sleek, supple and lively palate. It is medium-bodied, with plenty of soft, generous flavour and long, silky satiny tannins.
This bright, modern Barossa Valley red features plenty of fruit and a smooth, supple palate on release and will develop further complex layers over time. With premium fruit selected from dress circle vineyards in Stonewell and Light Pass - it’s got a stunning pedigree!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Hand-picked from gnarly old bush vines grown on the deep sandy soils of Vine Vale in the Barossa, Caroline has crafted a sensational fresh take on this regional hero variety.
Matured in seasoned spicy French oak for 12 months to soften and develop richness and complexity. Aromas of wild raspberry, white pepper and gentle spice all lead to flavours overflowing with juicy, sleek and lively fruit, all wrapped up with fine supple tannins.
Perfect with slow cooked lamb ragu or pasta with a rich homemade tomato sauce. Delicious!
- A blend of Shiraz, Cabernet and Malbec, this is a truly rich wine with blackberry, plum and cherry fruit on the nose supported by a soft and rich palate with firm tannins. It's an undeniable crowd pleaser!
- Top Shelf class for under $18 and with a huge Angel following from past vintages, there is no doubt this will have you smiling from ear to ear. Adam has pumped up every element using top quality fruit so that you can enjoy full flavour, balanced texture and have your guests asking where/what/how??!
- Another cracking star in Adam's line-up of reds that champions South Australia's Clare Valley, this is likely to top any red lover's list of go-to classics!
Nigel has poured his heart and soul into crafting this next Margaret River masterpiece for Angels. A tiny small batch creation of Malbec blended from unique, small parcels has resulted in a complex, incomparable and extremely moreish Malbec!
Each individual batch was hand plunged and partial barrel fermented and is a very rare example of a straight Margaret River Malbec. This is a big wine but the fruit is so huge and juicy you don't really notice!
It is a dry style red with great fruit sweetness. You’ll experience hints of blackberries, cherries, violets spice and fine french oak. Once you try it you’ll know what extraordinary value this wine is - it’ll be gone in the blink of an eye. Perfect with a huge argentinian style steak or a vegetarian lasagna with plenty of cheese, crunchy pasta and well reduced tomato sauce.
- Another cracking vintage has come and gone in the gorgeous coastal wine regions of South Australia, bringing on the premium fruit that has gone in to this wonderful red! Berries and subtle spice will dance around your tongue as the medium to full bodied mouth feel follows through. All this yum factor plus structure and tannin to finish, need we say more?
- This warming and moreish red exemplifies the Hoopers' dedication to minimal intervention winemaking and excellence in producing cool climate styles. If you're after an undeniably elegant Shiraz that will seduce you with hints of chocolate, then get this gem in your basket quick smart.
- The maritime influence of their location makes all the difference, keeping temperatures down so that fruit ripens slower, leading to extremely high concentration of flavours. All up, you'd be mad to miss trying this creature, especially at under $14 for Angels!
- His top-selling, sky-high rated Shiraz has returned - cheers to that! Around half the fruit in this wine comes from his Father's vineyard in the Strathbogie Ranges, a cool climate region that is gives wine wonderful aromas. You'll enjoy red fruit, cocoa and pepper on the nose.
- Each sip is rich and smooth, and the berry flavours take on a lovely jube like character. This is a full bodied dry red, but with a juiciness which gives it an appealing softness. Sam's life is wine from dawn to dusk, so you know this wine is packed with all his TLC!
- Sam's the man when it comes to innovative small batch winemaking. He is a firm believer that the small batch approach produces higher quality wine with more character than simple big scale winemaking. This is the perfect wine great wine to have on hand, including for simple occasions like celebrating the end of the day.
Judy & Glenn Kelly have created a truly unique ‘heaven sent’ for the Angels. Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon merged with some softer Merlot and a tiny amount of Shiraz and a thimble of Grenache to round out the palate. Beautifully soft!
Get ready for lifted bright aromas and a vibrant yet smooth palate of ripe berry fruits with subtle hints of spice and chocolate. Yum!
A drop of this calibre usually sells for upwards of $30 a bottle elsewhere so don't miss out on this boutique creation.
WE'RE NOT SURE
A&K’s first vintage from Mark’s home vineyard in McLaren Vale has hit the Naked shelves. Organically managed and driving towards organic certification!
The Shiraz was machine picked in the cool of the night with a selective harvester to pick cleanly and ensure whole berries into the winery.
Dark plum, blueberry, pepper and toasty oak on the nose. The palate has rick dark fruits, great intensity, nice fruit oak tannin length, oak charriness with nice acidity on the finish - great length!
- Angels couldn't get enough of last year's huge 93% rated Grenache, so it's back! This originally Spanish varietal has true finesse, and with Adam's TLC at every step of the winemaking process, he's put his own spin on this tantalising drop.
- The nose is perfumed with bright red fruits, while the crunchy medium bodied palate of ripe strawberries and sour cherries is balanced by savoury and textural nuances. Partial whole bunch fermentation brought about it's delicately complex layers.
- Angels have spoken and now it's here, a premium and unique Aussie Grenache at a delightfully diminished price. Jump in and get a little exotic..this red is the perfect pick me up after those afternoon siestas!
- Andrew's Hilltops Merlot will deliver bold mulberry and plum fruit layers, with hints of complex oak notes. The wine is full, ripe and richly textured.
- Hilltops is a wine region surrounding but the town of Young which has an altitude of 439m. This means cool nights coupled wih warm days, leading to smooth reds that are powerful yet elegant with proven age-ability.
- There is very little Merlot grown in Hilltops and the conditions are perfect for the formation of bright berry flavours and succulent tannins. Get in on this unique treat today. Full of deep, ripe fruit characters, it will quickly become a crowd pleaser!