WE'RE NOT SURE
Ever since launch day two years ago, Dolan & Dunn’s sublime red has sold out in a flash. Now, one of the most eagerly anticipated wines returns to the Naked shelves exclusively for Angels. You simply cannot get a more experienced or powerful Australian winemaking team than this. At all. Anywhere!
This elegant, robust, delicious wine has Barossa character and richness stamped all over it. Gear up for a plush, luscious palate with hints of loganberry, mulberry, blackberry and a touch of cherry and fennel-seed spiciness. Juicy fruit mingles with subtle oak driving to a finish that lasts and lasts… pick that chin up off the floor!
Under $19 for this deliciousness is an Angel-only privilege. Caroline and Nigel have over 60 years of brilliant Barossa winemaking experience between them and, extraordinarily, had never made a wine together...until NOW!
Simon ‘Sorby’ Adams is a Barossa legend. This super premium shiraz is modelled after a wine extremely close to his heart. Yep, he made the iconic Yalumba Octavius from inception in 1988 right through to 1999.
Juicy, rich and supple with a complex mix of red and blue berries and an underlying power of mocha and coffee. This delicious character is a direct result of maturation in the oak that has been extra air dried prior to barrel making.
Amazing length of flavour and richness on the palate and a long future that will reward cellaring for 15 years.
- Anna and Derek return with the very best of their craft delivering another outstanding vintage of their Uncharted Shiraz. Authenticity is reflected in the Hooper's approach to both wines and life, letting Mother Nature lead the way, following certified bio-dynamic winemaking techniques.
- Premium fruit parcels, intrinsic flavour intensity and complex layers make the berry and spice layers of this wine sing out. Get ready for a lovely dry medium body and lusciously long finish. Yum!
- With its elegance and ever developing flavours, the past vintage of this Shiraz rated through the roof with our Angels at 92%. It will only improve gracefully over the years, so get it in your basket before this vintage gets snapped up!
- It's back! This is a deep brooding red, just as gorgeous on the nose and palate as it is when you first clasp eyes on its beautiful label. This Diamond is full of the very best quality fruit from two Rutherglen vineyards and a parcel of fruit from Heathcote where very low yields are maintained to ensure the fullest of flavours each and every sip.
- This wine comes with a warning - it is a BIG red! If you love a drop that is bold and not afraid to show off its layers, you simply can't go past the Diamond Durif. The varietal is naturally very high in tannin so picking the grapes at exactly the right time is vital.
- Jen has crafted this vintage beautifully. The wine has a dark and inky purple colour. The nose abounds with black berries and blood plums, dark chocolate and a hint of vanilla. With rich flavours on the fore to mid palate and plenty of tannin giving length and power on the finish, make sure you're sitting down for your first sip....it may just knock you off your feet!
- Grown on the infamous Major Plains vineyard this wine sets the bar high! The vineyard is dry grown (No irrigation) and produces a very small crop of intensly coloured and flavoured fruits.
- An impressive inky depth fills your glass with a purple rim. A great intensity of flavour, including red fruits and black pepper: along with chocolate and coconut from time spent in new barrels. You will be blown away by this masterpeice!
- A rich and powerful palate highlights the complex structure of the wine. There are slight tannins but overall an impression of velvet and richness which make the wine lovely to drink. The wine has great length of flavour.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Tim Smith’s ’The Kick’ Shiraz is sure to impress! Get ready for lashings of opulent lush fruit that speaks directly of its postcode.
A premium shiraz that is undeniably Barossa - aged in older oak it’s beautifully juicy, with a fine structure and palate weight. It has all the great attributes of Barossa Shiraz - lifted plummy berry fruits with a touch of cedary-like oak aromas - yummm!
With only 500 cases in existence this is sure to disappear from the Naked shelves in the twinkling of an Angel eye.
Sourced from just two single-blocks in the renowned Light Pass sub-region of the Barossa Valley, Red by Caroline Dunn Black Barossa Shiraz is next level outstanding!
Powerful, yet graceful this shiraz is overflowing with concentrated plump black brambly fruits, dark chocolatey and black spicey aromas, beautifully balanced with warm, stony, mineral hints and flavours that just go on and on and on…!
An iconic Barossa variety made by an iconic winemaker at an exceptional Angel-exclusive price. With just 800 cases in existence you’re going to have to get your skates on to avoid disappointment.
Sam’s super single-vineyard Shiraz comes from the Gentle Annie vineyard near Dookie in Central Victoria. This relatively dry site produces a low yielding crop of very small berries, giving a deeply coloured wine with extraordinary concentration of flavour.
The fruit was harvested over the first three weeks in March which produced a range of flavours from the early pick being more peppery through to the more richer jammy later parcels.
This superb shiraz has an incredibly deep red colour showing a youthful vibrant magenta at the edges. It has great intensity of flavour with blueberry fruits, along with a sweet spice and almost a chocolatey note. This is a beautifully balanced wine with great intensity of flavour finishing with silky fine grained tannins.
- The 2017 Durif vintage was excellent with cool, mild weather allowing perfect, even, ripening in the Riverina.
- You’ll be in awe of the impenetrably deep red colour with purple hues and then the intense aromas of black cherry and violets backed up by full-bodied flavours of rich plum and dark chocolate will make you an immediate fan!
- Rob’s first release of Durif is sure to send you into a spin. Great weather, excellent fruit and precision craftsmanship combine brilliantly to create this show-stopper.
- Enticing aromas of bright red fruits and delightful satsuma plum are complimented by the generous layers of juicy, ripe berries. A hint of attractive oak and soft, round tannins form the basis of this approachable and easy drinking dry wine.
- The winter preceding the 2017 vintage was wetter than average, which assisted in allowing the vineyards to withstand several heatwaves experienced when the grapes started ripening. The fruit produced exceptional colour and flavour with well-balanced acid and tannin profiles.
- Hamish approaches his winemaking as if finely tuning an engine, injecting his passion and ability to innovate after patiently allowing Mother Nature work her magic of course!