- Back by popular demand, a long line of Angel fans will be savouring each juicy red fruit loaded sip of this Hero! Medium to full-bodied, get ready for chocolate hints popping up, leading to a gentle, spicy and savoury finish. This is truly one to jump on if you want to spice up your normal red selection!
- This Hero is a blend of Shiraz from Jen's family Rutherglen vineyards and fruit grown in the ancient, rich, red soils of Heathcote in Central Victoria. Made from naturally low yielding vineyards, the fruit is powerful and rich, with great colour and depth of flavour.
- Jen's Hero range is the next step up from the Rebels, the range where you know you're getting the best value possible for this price point. Maturing 12 months in French and American barrels has given the wine a soft seasoning to finish off each sip perfectly!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The first thing you notice is the colour. You simply cannot see through it! Impenetrably deep, dark and brooding. Aromas and flavours of dark cherries, chocolate, plums and spice and then enticing complex spirit characters giving licorice and vanillin notes. It’s just so beautifully rich, complex and alluring.
- Just a few days ago Jen’s Fascination Vintage Fortified 2018 scooped the prestigious Chairman's Award at the Ballarat Wine Show. This trophy is awarded to the Best Wine at the discretion of the Chairman of Judges. Woohoo!
- As Jen says: “Vintage Fortifieds can easily sell for over $100 a bottle – but not this one, that wouldn’t be very Naked!”
- Perfecto with strong blue or cheddar cheeses, dark chocolate or even paired with a rich slow cooked lamb shank. And of course, it’s just so damn enjoyable just by itself.
Grapes were sourced from the acclaimed Light Pass sub-region of the Barossa. Caroline’s fresh, uncomplicated approach to winemaking allows the fruit to speak for itself.
The wine was matured in seasoned French oak for 18 months to promote a soft, silky texture and subtle complexity without picking up dominant oak flavour. Bright, fragrant aromas of blood-plum, mulberry, blueberry and blackberry, with hints of star anise, savoury spice and red licorice.
A uniquely Australian red with a distinctive, evocative style. This iconic Barossa variety is given a graceful, modern twist. Perfect to enjoy on its own or with a juicy rib-eye steak with crispy leeks and potatoes or barbecued lamb ribs with chilli-plum sauce!
- Hand grown and picked by Tait Hamilton whose family vineyard is on the prestige soils of Heathcote. Tait is a hardworking and careful grower, and he has a site which is an incredible gift from nature!
- Your glass will be boldly coloured with youthful magenta on the rim. Scrumptious layers of plum, blackberries, chocolate and raisins will sing along with earthy, peppery hints. Tannins are ripe and plush, lending texture to round out each powerful, flavour packed slurp!
- The low pH of Tait's fruit is associated with bright colour and 'stable' wine which can almost make itself with minimal intervention - the challenge is not messing up the natural gift. The wine is full bodied with warmth from ripe fruit and subsequent high alcohol. Time spent in new an one year old oak barrels has given it a moreish, smokey finish. Go on, treat yourself to the tip-top of Naked's shelves!
Sam’s super single-vineyard Shiraz comes from the Gentle Annie vineyard near Dookie in Central Victoria. This relatively dry site produces a low yielding crop of very small berries, giving a deeply coloured wine with extraordinary concentration of flavour.
The fruit was harvested over the first three weeks in March which produced a range of flavours from the early pick being more peppery through to the more richer jammy later parcels.
This superb shiraz has an incredibly deep red colour showing a youthful vibrant magenta at the edges. It has great intensity of flavour with blueberry fruits, along with a sweet spice and almost a chocolatey note. This is a beautifully balanced wine with great intensity of flavour finishing with silky fine grained tannins.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Last vintage scored a cracking buy-again rating of 97% from hundreds of Angels. Daryl has done it again, so you are in for an incredible treat with the fastest moving wine - Naked folklore sees it race off our shelves every year.
- When working for Penfolds, Daryl saw where the best fruit came from and so bought a vineyard directly opposite, in the Barossa sub-region of Kalimna, to supply his own Shiraz grapes. This wine isn't made in the same style as Grange but the essence of the wine - the quality of the fruit - is the same.
- This is all about the fruit! Super sexy slightly spicy, intense black fruits and some chocolate. Amazingly complex with an outstanding length of flavour, all delivered to you for under $25 bucks as an Angel. Unbelievable!
Rob’s ‘new’ Petit Sirah is a rich and full-bodied varietal with incredible intensity and power... if you like BIG reds, this is definitely the wine for you! Petite Sirah is a wine with the potential to age extremely well due to its great tannin structure.
- You’ll be in awe of the impenetrably deep red colour with purple hues and then the intense aromas of black cherry and violets backed up by full-bodied flavours of rich plum and dark chocolate will make you an immediate fan!
To get a premium single-vineyard red for under $14.00 Angel price is an absolute steal! Don't be that Anel that misses out.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Unmatched Barossa winemaker Daryl Groom has poured all of his 40 years experience in to this incredible 2018 vintage. Daryl used to make Grange... yep, the Grange... so he knows a thing or two about high-quality reds!
- The wine is a blend of Zinfandel and Shiraz grapes grown in the Kalimna area of the Barossa Valley, renowned for iconic wines around the world.
- Bursting with red fruit and spice with a touch of liquorice, each mouthful is medium bodied and beautifully structured with the addition of Shiraz. Gorgeous balance and great length brings this wine to life. Get it while it's hot and still in stock after huge 94% buy-again rating last vintage!
- Cabernet Sauvignon and Margaret River go hand in hand, and the whole wine world knows it! Renowned for its perfect growing conditions year in year out, there is little wonder that Stuart has hand-selected local grape sites for this show stopper. After the juice spent 24 months in French Oak to integrate the bolder notes, Stuart's labour of love has resulted in a dense drop that is perfect in every way.
- The depth and dimension of the wine's aromas suggest that this is something serious and long living. Your glass will fill with layers of red and blueberries, blackcurrants and a touch of nutty spice. Everything comes together like the sweetest choir you've ever heard!
- All this class has fantastic length and finishes with abundant fine grained tannins. In some ways the wine is brooding and introspective, and in other ways it's bursting with vibrance. Sophisticated and seductive now, it will only get better with age!
- Naked's big Barossa beauty is back! Rated a whopping 93% or above every vintage, this stunner was crafted with grapes from exceptional low-yielding old vines with proven nutrient rich grapes a-plenty. You'll be taken to planet YUM with each sip. Just think - layers of blackcurrants, cinnamon and mocha, spice. The palate is tight, rich and round - the perfect winter warmer!
- This wine is truly Naked in every sense. It was lovingly produced by our masterful South Australian Red specialist Adam Barton, who now has freedom and room for creativity in his winery like never before thanks to your Angel backing.
- Firm tannins give the wine great texture, mouthfeel and persistence of flavour. Thousands of Angels will be falling over themselves after loving this last vintage, so you can be sure you're on to a winner.