About the role
We’re looking for an experienced full time web designer/developer to create amazing online experiences for our customers.
You will use a data driven and customer focused approach to help drive UX and visual design in our products and user journeys, providing intuitive solutions which meet the needs of our customers and commercial objectives of the business.
Naked Wines is an award-winning innovative online wine business with busy commerce sites in the UK, USA and Australia. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person, looking to develop their career.
Our beachside offices are located in Manly on Sydney’s Northern Beaches, approximately 30min via ferry from Sydney’s CBD (which we love!), so a lunch time swim or surf is always on the cards.
What will your role involve at Naked?
- Key member of product development and launch project teams
- Work with back-end developers and end stakeholders with coding and troubleshooting
- Develop and maintain new user-facing features on our website
- Manage code versioning with Git
- Maintain and develop our UI/design system
- Working with the team to solve UX problems through a test and learn approach
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Producing UX concepts and designs, ensuring their technical feasibility
- Write functional requirement documents and guides
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders both locally and globally
- Preparing layouts or mock-ups for both print and digital medium, ensuring high quality graphic standards and brand consistency
- Wireframing and prototyping projects following global and local requirements
Knowledge & Requirements
- At least 2-3 years industry experience
- Familiar with code versioning control via Git
- Excellent understanding of cross-browser/cross-platform compatibility issues
- Adherence to web standards and best practices
- Knowledge of client-side performance issues and optimisation techniques
- Good understanding of common design patterns and responsive frameworks
- Experience with NPM, Node and AngularJS (or similar) is beneficial.
- Strong knowledge of Sketch, Photoshop or XD
- Good knowledge of wireframing and prototyping approaches and tools
- Solid understanding of user centred design and testing methodologies
- Experience of working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
- Experience of working in an Agile is a bonus
We’d also love it if you have
- An ability to communicate clearly with your team and stakeholders
- Outstanding organisational and time-management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Competitive base salary + Super
- Performance bonus each year (on KPI's being hit)
- Four weeks paid annual leave + your birthday off!
- Access to company share scheme after probation period
- Angel membership paid by Naked ($40 per month wine allowance)
Please email email@example.com with your CV, cover letter and recent examples of your work/portfolio.